main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Star Wars / Transformers crossover.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by anacondasaurous, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anacondasaurous

anacondasaurous Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2003
    I was recently in my local Big W Store and while looking at the merchandise, found a interesting Mistake in one of the crossover figurines (sp)

The one that come to my attention was the Darth Vader/Starfighter. More importantly or interesting depending on your view, was that the item in the package was a
    Clone Pilot/Republic Gunship with Nose Art or commander cody (cant remember atm) but importantly was the whole thing was a mistake and from what i can see from different sets.

What id like to know is would such a thing be valuable (or become so) due to the packaging malfunction???

I actually didnt buy the item but have hid it and easily able to get if is worth getting for future investment.

thanx all for the imput.

2. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Packaging errors can be valuable, depends on the item and the extent of the error.

A character from one series on the car from another would be a much more valuable find.
    IE - Jango Fett of an Empire card.

However, most mistakes are worth grabbing....you never know.

3. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Totally agree, mistakes can be cool to find and can make for a great conversation piece.

I'm thinking that the most famous Star Wars item that's worth heaps for collectability due to a deliberate error in printing is card 207 of C-3PO which was doctored during production to give him an extra appendage.

I won't post a pic of it here as it's quite risque, however, it can be found if you Google "c3po card 207".

Another famous "mistake" collectable to get is the Boba Fett figureine in the Star Wars packaging (released in 1979) as there's no reference to ESB although admittedly this was done deliberately and is not truly an error in packaging.

scroll down to see the image

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I like finding the 'cheap copies' and checking out the expressions on some of their faces! Some look like they've had something sharp stuck in an unmentionable place!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.