main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars vs. Star Trek video Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by slimybug, Aug 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
  2. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
  3. Darth_Slimy

Darth_Slimy Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2001
    Sorry Val. Phasers are'nt that powerful. When set on kill, their just as powerful as Blasters. The Enterprise could not destroy a whole planet in one single shot.

But which is stronger? Photon or Proton torps. Well, now they have Quantum torps which are stronger than photons. So I should be asking, Is a Proton better than a quantum or a photon.

4. thegreatyoda

thegreatyoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Well speak no longer guys. Now you can actually play these battles out on your CPU. There is a mod for the game Star Trek: Armada [which is a great game by itself] which let's you play Star Wars vs StarTrek. So go out get the game and the mod [it can be found on the cd of this month's PC Gamer] close this thread and get to playing.

5. Darth_Slimy

Nov 19, 2001
    But witch is stronger?!

6. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    WHICH! WHIIIIICH!

A WITCH IS A PERSON WHO USES NATURAL ELEMENTS TO AID SPELLCASTING. THE WORD WHICH DENOTES CHOICE...

7. Darth_Slimy

Nov 19, 2001
    fine, Which is better? Protn or Photon, or Proton or quantum?

8. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    It's FICTION. They work on COMPLETELY different bases of comparison. YOU decide.

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Sorry Val. Phasers are'nt that powerful. When set on kill, their just as powerful as Blasters. The Enterprise could not destroy a whole planet in one single shot."

You are speaking of a hand phaser which is much different than a onship phaser bank that is tied to matter/antimatter power supply. Don't try to compare the two because it's much different. Onship power output on phasers was given in a episode of TOS. Which it was 5x the death star output given resource books.

It's like trying to compare a blaster to a superlaser. Not at all the same.

"But which is stronger? Photon or Proton torps. Well, now they have Quantum torps which are stronger than photons. So I should be asking, Is a Proton better than a quantum or a photon."

Photon by the output given in the star trek continuity of the series. They are stronger than phasers, and phasers were 5X that of a death star. Because of power output of a matter/antimatter engines.

As for a video game everyone is indeed right. Both sides would be balanced with the same attack power against each other for the game to be fair.

Where as the better the player at strategies would win.

10. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Val, I don't know where you heard it, but FEDERATION STARSHIPS CANNOT DESTROY ENTIRE PLANETS IN ONE SINGLE SHOT! If it were so the galaxy would be chaos. When I started this thread I didn't know jack about Star Trek. Now Darth Slimyand I are bigger Trekkies than any of y'all. And FEDERATION STARSHIPS DO NOT DESTROY ENTIRE PlaNETS IN ONE SHOT!According to SW.com Proton torps areextremely strong. But Only small fighters usethem. most ships use only blasters. Although the Falcon has concussion missiles. All Federation Starships have Photon Torpedoes and the Enterprise - E Has Quantum Torps.

11. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    bigger Trekkies than any of y'all.

Doesn't take much. We're STAR WARS fans.

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Val, I don't know where you heard it, but FEDERATION STARSHIPS CANNOT DESTROY ENTIRE PLANETS IN ONE SINGLE SHOT! If it were so the galaxy would be chaos."

They can according to Scotty in TOS, but they don't ever use that kinda of power because federation are peaceful civilization that would rather befriend new species than go around take over planets. If a planet says no they don't want to be involved then by federation law, federation will not interfere with that planets right to soverenienty. If you knew anything about star trek you would know that.

"When I started this thread I didn't know jack about Star Trek."

Obviously you still don't know everthing about star trek or would know all the comments and explanations of energy outputs that the shows have said over there many years of broadcast.

"Now Darth Slimyand I are bigger Trekkies than any of y'all."

If you want to be a trekkie that is up to you, ;). Who am I to judge, ;). If you think your bigger(Fat?, overwight?, etc?), who am I to care how big you have grown since you been on these boards. Besides talking about your sock in 3rd person is a bit weird.

"And FEDERATION STARSHIPS DO NOT DESTROY ENTIRE PlaNETS IN ONE SHOT!"

They can but because of federation lawn they are prohibited to do so,and they don't believe in ruining planets from being inhabitable. Because unlike the empire the fedeation isn't evil. Watch more of The original series and listen to scotties figures.

"According to SW.com Proton torps areextremely strong. But Only small fighters usethem."

Actually they mean in comparison to weapons in the star wars universe, they don't compare with star trek technology do they. So yes they are strong and can do alot of damage. But by energy output given in star trek shows, they are much lower yield in comparison.

"most ships use only blasters."
    No, they use turbolasers and cannons.

"Although the Falcon has concussion missiles."

Arykyd missles actually.

"All Federation Starships have Photon Torpedoes and the Enterprise - E Has Quantum Torps"

Photon torpedoes on Star Trek the original series were said to be stronger than ship phasers. Now since scotty said that if the enterprise ncc-1701 set it's phasers on full power it could destroy a planet as well he said an energy output of phasers at that strength, and photon torpedoes are said to be stronger than ship phaserbanks. Then by what scotty said we know that photon torpedoes are quite strong.

If those phasers can destroy a planet and from scotty's quotes were 5x time that of the death star lasers. Then yes they can destroy planets. As well there shields are made to withstand heavy blasts from enemies equal weapons.

Federation will only attack if they are attacked first in self defense, while trying to end a conflict peacefully as well.

Most enemies out there don't destroy planets like the empire, because they know that to lose a planet is to lose valuable resources. Something that all races in star trek aren't wasteful about.

Get your facts straight. As well understand the cultures involved. Or your lack of knowledge of various franchises will show through.

13. LSARams75

LSARams75 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2001
    star wars wins easy were talking the hole sw univers vs the hole trek one. Q shows up vader force chokes him. Q shows up luke cuts him in half. borg come death star blows up there cube. trekies land on the ground and get attacked by 150 jedi and Norgari(sp) star wars is just more powerful. klingons are really strong so are the vong/ jedi enhanced strength.

terk could not hold a candle to star wars in combat

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "star wars wins easy were talking the hole sw univers vs the hole trek one. Q shows up vader force chokes him."

But because Q is immortal and invincible you can't kill him. So Q then goes to send vader into a black hole.

"Q shows up luke cuts him in half."

Then Q just rejoins together and proceeds to play tricks on luke. Because Q is immortal cannot be killed or actually hurt. He only lets people see what would make the most sense to them.

"borg come death star blows up there cube."

Then another borg cube adapts and then assimalates the death star.

"trekies land on the ground and get attacked by 150 jedi and Norgari(sp) star wars is just more powerful."

Yes let the trekies get killed by noghri and jedi. But the federation would befriend the jedi. Jedi being peaceful beings themselfs would like strong new allies.

"klingons are really strong so are the vong/ jedi enhanced strength."

Force doesn't exist in milky way. So dark jedi might have a problem here.

"terk could not hold a candle to star wars in combat"

But kirk with his 5x the power of the death star enterprise could hold his own against anything thrown at him. Turbo lasers would be like mosquitoes against it's shields. Which are made to withstand the power of attacks of 5x the power of the death star caliber.

You know if you want to discuss star trek and who would win, you should at least understand that there are factions that would not fight each other, because it isn't there way to kill for pleasure or for taking over someone else's land.

Good guys won't fight good guys it's a fundemental law. Bad guys may or may not ally against each other also a fundamental rule.

As well if this is a video game such as the plugin, then both sides will be equalized for gameplay purposes so that both sides have equal chance of winning the missions. Which i that case the better player is the one who will help a side to win, no matter which faction he chooses to play with.

15. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Sigh.

In an old Star Trek Reader, which were a series of short stories published back in the early 70's, the novelization of, I believe, episode of "Arena", started with the Enterprise destroying an unstable planet with what was termed 'a planet wrecker torpedo'.

Shields- the Enterprise's shields are outright immune to lasers or coherent light and plasma weapons, this has been noted in several Next Generation episodes. Blasters are plasma weapons (any highly charged or energized gas is known as plasma), thus blasters qualify as such.

But because Q is immortal and invincible you can't kill him. So Q then goes to send vader into a black hole.

Yup. And Vader should consider himself lucky that's ALL he does to him.

Then Q just rejoins together and proceeds to play tricks on luke. Because Q is immortal cannot be killed or actually hurt. He only lets people see what would make the most sense to them.

Yeah, being OM-NI-PO-TENT has that affect.

Then another borg cube adapts and then assimalates the death star.

Why? They'd be downgrading themselves except for the million-odd new drones.

Yes let the trekies get killed by noghri and jedi. But the federation would befriend the jedi. Jedi being peaceful beings themselfs would like strong new allies.

Then the Feds give the Jedi phase-lightsabers, and it gets ugly from there.

Force doesn't exist in milky way. So dark jedi might have a problem here.

Life creates it, makes it grow...

But kirk with his 5x the power of the death star enterprise could hold his own against anything thrown at him. Turbo lasers would be like mosquitoes against it's shields. Which are made to withstand the power of attacks of 5x the power of the death star caliber.

And ALL Federation ships are amred with it. A Sovereign-class Super Space Battleship would rip a fleet of Star Destroyers to ribbons.

You know if you want to discuss star trek and who would win, you should at least understand that there are factions that would not fight each other, because it isn't there way to kill for pleasure or for taking over someone else's land.

The Feds would ally with the Jedi and the New Republic, and suddenly X-Wings now have enhanced shields, blaster phaser cannons, better armor, are faster, and pHoton torpedos.

Good guys won't fight good guys it's a fundemental law. Bad guys may or may not ally against each other also a fundamental rule.

Hey yup!

All that said, while Trek tech is VASTLY superior to that in Star Wars, I prefer Star Wars because it is better balanced, more reasonable, even though much of Star Treknology is based off science fact.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "All that said, while Trek tech is VASTLY superior to that in Star Wars, I prefer Star Wars because it is better balanced, more reasonable, even though much of Star Treknology is based off science fact."

Total agreement.

17. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    JC, have you checked your blood pressure lately? that whole:

which - witch thing

lol :D

18. Darth_Slimy

Nov 19, 2001
    (Sigh)

Alright Val, where did you here this "One Shot" thing?

19. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    Slimy, are you still trying to convince people that this sock is your brother? Because it's mighty suspicious that before the sock came around it was Slimybug posting in this thread, and now it's Darth_slimy.

Stop trying to get peoples' attention.

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    scotty gave the powerout put and what the enterprise can do in an episode of Star Trek: the Original series. I can't remember the episode name though. I was watching a marathon of dozens of the episodes when he mentioned it.

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Life creates it, makes it grow..."

Then why don't you see people using the force in real life in our galaxy, ;).

22. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

Then why don't you see people using the force in real life in our galaxy

Because it ain't real. Like Star Trek.

23. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ok, what I meant by my comment: Why don't you see people using the force in star trek. Star Trek pretty much based on history of earth as we know it(with a few minor differences, I.E. Eugenics war). The force doesn't exist in the star trek universe which is milky way galaxy. If it doesn't exist in the milky way galaxy, then jedi can't use can they?

Now if the federation was say exploring the GFFA, then force would exist in that galaxy, and the jedi would be able to use it.

24. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    It's the same rules that govern the Vong; they don't have the Force in whatever galaxy THEY are from - why would this one?

25. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

It's the same rules that govern the Vong; they don't have the Force in whatever galaxy THEY are from - why would this one?

Let me turn it around, why couldn't ours? I am not saying it does, but why not? The reason why I can see that it hasn't is that in Trek, The Preservers are essentially responsible for most if not all sentient life in the galaxy, while Star Wars seems to have had a more natural evolution. There aren't many references in Star Wars of ancient and powerful civilizations, except for the ones who built Centerpoint Station, and I don't think or know much has been said about them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.