main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS: What Character are you REALLY?... and why? REALLY!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by gra-co_o_hun, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    I am feeling sorta cerebral late on this evening. Sometimes, but barely, I forget that Star Wars is kinda CENTRAL 'round here. I am feeling a tug back to that old familiar place. It's never very far in the background for me. I think others feel the same which got me to thinking. We all share a common love for these characters. Their hopes, their dreams, their fears and most importantly... their love for one another.( except all you imperials out there) :D
    This story helped shape my imagination and encouraged me to create on my own. It also... as crazy as it might seem, taught me some valuable lessons in it's own unique way. I cherish the fact that it hits so close to home, on so many levels for me and at the same time I can enjoy it for what it is... Imagination.
    Such a beautiful trait we possess.
    I love Star Wars for all the riches it creates but there are gems about it individually for everyone. CHARACTERS most of all! They draw us into a world who's eyes we can see through. I've had many years to think about the characters throughout this galaxy and what ones stick out for me and why. It's great to be able to relate to certain characters based on what a single person is like in their own right. Some lean towards the light and some the dark... what is it about YOU that draws you this way or that? What is it about your personality that bridges the gap tween this world and that?
    You might reveal something about yourself so be careful who you pick... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Actually, I relate to a few characters so it isn't always just one.
    Maybe this seems silly to everyone but it is a great exercise for the imagination and sorta shares a little of who you are. Are we not a group? of people? who love imagination? sumpin ta ponder...

I guess I'm first up...
    Actually, it's 4 characters for me

first off is Chewbacca - I appreciate the devotion of Chewie's life debt to Han above all else about his character. He is based on honor and principle. I love that quality in anything. I love that this hairy beast has such deep rooted emotion and complexities... Yet he's scruffy. Don't judge a book by it's cover. Since I am fairly scruffy myself, I love that Chewie gives us scruffy ones a good name cause it's what's inside that counts! :)

Next is R2 - Always a helping hand in almost every situation. WAY TO GET THOSE BUZZ DROIDS R2!!!!! He's one of very few characters that relies soley on body language, and sound bytes... yet what an expressive character. Such great comical relief, which I admire very much. Laughter is great and R2 always made me laugh and smile. Still, this little bucket of bolts has such a human presense and he really seems to want to be that way. "I've never seen such devotion in a droid before" EXACTLY! He is certainly one of my 2 favorites. [face_love]

VADER!
    Yes, I feel this character embodies the most of human qualities we all share. The classic story of the Hero who fell from Grace. Some here can say(maybe) that they had a similiar moment themselves. I know I can! There was a time when I walked down a dark path and my emotions were passionate yes but it did make me reckless. Really. Dark thoughts do lead to hate and anger... there was some suffering.
    What a tragic character Anakin becomes, but he becomes those things because of how he FEELS... just human feeling... emotion on a powerful level. I have a deep respect for those that can come back from the abyss from their own journeys to the dark side. (Yes, I am using SW reference on purpose) :-B
    I have more respect for the dark places people go because of emotions and my own journey there and back. It is in this that I find my abiltiy to relate to Vader and the frailty that lies underneath. IMO
    Oops, I may have revealed a little bit there but I'm OK with that. [face_blush]

And the one I lean towards the MOST...
    YODA!
    The wisest of characters, Yoda is. Just look at him and you can see it. His eyes tell so much. A highly respected character. A teacher. A philosopher. A comedian.
    He is at Pe

2. Darkmood

Darkmood Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2004
    Hmmmmmmm, lemme think.

Maul-I've always been percieved as the quiet angry guy you don't cross. I mean, yeah I'm a nice guy deep inside but cross a certain line and it's over.

Anakin-He, (like me) is young and made a lot of mistakes. He blindly acts on emotion a lot without thinking. Just like me. He gives into and channels his rage as his drive. (This can go under Maul as well) Little known fact, but if it weren't for my rage against a certain family member and my desire to prove them wrong and show them that I am better than them I wouldn't get up in the morning. Many mornings I don't want to, but then I think about this very thing. I guess in essence that is why I have been a Sith and Dark Side person. My rage and anger are all that fuels me anymore. Kinda sucks, but hey that's life! This can under another character as well: Anakin was kind of seen as the only hope for destroying the Sith I have always been told I am the only one left of my family that can do something with their life. And like Anakin I get a little frustrated when this process doesn't go as fast as I would like it to.
    EDIT: Not to mention I would blindly do anything for someone I cared for. Even if it wasn't the "right" thing to do and ended with me getting one of my arms and my legs lobbed off.

Hmmmmmm........more thinking.......

I guess I also match with some others.

Yoda-For some strange reason I am always the person my friends come to for "sagely" advice. No idea why but it's been that way my whole life. Even family see me as the "rock" to go to. Kinda weird and freaky at times.

Luke-Like Anakin he was seen as the "last hope" I routinely get told I am the "last hope" for my family, kinda depressing and it places a lot of un-needed strees on me. Gets old real quick.

Other than that I guess the only other character left that I identify with is:

Han-The guy who hates getting involved but feels the urge to when it is needed. Not to mention he was kind of an outcast. The guy who came from nothing. Never really seemed like he had a ton of friends outside of his core group. This applies to me very much. I DON'T have a lot of friends. I have a very select few who I can honestly call friends and who would call me friend. Of course this to has been this way my whole life. I've always been the kind of "loner" with a handful of people who like me and one really good friend. (like a Chewbacca)

So I guess in the end I am mostly an Anakin with some Han thrown in for good measure!

And there you go....that is me in a nutshell.
    Wait......this is me in a nutshell: "Help! I'm in a nutshell! How did I get into this nutshell?"

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    argh!!! long...posts...brain...hurting... :oops:

4. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm gonna have to dig into the EU a little for my own comparisons, so those who do not partake (look 'em up at Wikipedia or something :p )...

Pre-Thrawn Duology Mara Jade - Like her, I had my whole world come down around me and I was forced to re-think my place in the world. I was suspicious of everyone, and never trusted another soul with what I had inside. I questioned everything, and took nothing at face value. I searched and researched everything. But in the end, I discovered that sometimes you just have to trust in something, and that includes yourself. The world is not out to get you, even when some of it's people are, and you can overcome anything, as long as you can find that one thing to believe in.

Depa Billaba - She was always looking for that higher level of enlightenment, she was a teacher, but she was also fiercely loyal to her mentor and master, and willing to lay her life on the line when it mattered. She could fight when she had to, but preferred to think her way out of things. However, that thinking led her down a dark path, when she realized the jeopardy the Jedi were placing themselves in during the Clones Wars and lost her grip. When faced with an undefeatable reality, she succumbed to the darkness. So far, we don't know if she ever found her way back from that darkness, so I don't know if the parralel ends there yet, or not.

Princess Leia (I know, you are all shocked right now, so close your jaws and read on) - She was one of the first truly assertive characters I had been introduced to in films as a child (the other being the Jodie Foster in Candleshoe and Freaky Friday). She may have been small, and a girl, but she wasn't about to take crap from anyone, about anything, and because of that, she was loved and respected. She knew her mind and she spoke it... She was intelligent, and no one questioned her on it, they respected her mind. She was someone I could admire and try to emulate, even if it was in small ways.

5. Magdalene

Magdalene Jedi Master star 4

Nov 22, 2005
    OK....for me:

Princess Leia: It made a deep impression on me as a little girl to see the beautiful princess not just sit around like a dummy and *wait* to be rescued, but take an active hand in her own rescue. Especially once you saw that instead of the stereotypical "Oh, wah, it's a GUN", she just picked it up and started shooting at the bad guys, no hesistation. (And fine, I'll admit it--I used to try and twirl my hair around like that. Any other girls do that?)

Han: I think we all (men and women) would like to be a little bit like Han....smart-alecky, independent, but in the end, will do the right thing.

Anakin/Vader: We're all guilty of doing/thinking/saying not-good things...seeing Vader pull back eventually in favor of doing the right thing selflessly tends to make me think we can all do better.

R2-D2: I have no clue what he says in any of the movies, but his lines always crack me up--it's not what he says, but how he says it! (And kudos to the guys who built the R2-D2's at the WOTR Halloween gig--they were perfect! And Cory, great interaction with 'em during the pinata bit.)

6. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    You guys ROCK! Thanks for joining me :)
    See, I already feel a little closer to you. That's a good thing.

Matt - Your openess is impressive. You will make a fine Yoda yet!

JD!... wuss! :p

7. Magdalene

Magdalene Jedi Master star 4

Nov 22, 2005
    You showered today, right? :p

8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Hmmmm?

For myself.

Princess Leia-A strong independent woman who didn?t take anything from anyone. Someone who could get herself out of a jam and for the most part didn?t need a guy to rescue her. Ok MINUS that little thing in the Death Star.

Not that the other characters really relate to me?just personal preference.

R2-Who doesn?t love him? I am how old and I still get tickled when R2 is on Dagobah and he is ?talking? to Luke after he fell into the water. ?Oh, Thank you.?

Han-I don?t think I really need to explain that. But for JoC I will say, "Hand be the hydrospanner.?

9. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I like this it is very enlightening.

QuinLan Vos(Obviously) Unlike any other character in the SW Galaxy I have found him to be the most like myself in so many ways. It's like someone took my life exaggerated it and put it in a book. The feeling of knowing that what your doing is right, but you can share it with no one. Doing anything and everything to achieve your goals even when you are opposed by those you would call friends. Having to face yourself and come to the realization that you are still only one man/women, having to do more than what is asked of you.......Sorry a little to much info.

Yoda The one that everyone comes to for advice, help, and when they need someone to listen. Knowing that you will tell them exactly what they need to hear even when they don't want to hear it.

I feel a connection to every character in the SW universe but that would take to long. So until next time......

Later Days...

10. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Princess Leia ? of course what girl didn?t want to be like her? I say what?s on my mind (even if you don?t want to hear it). I can take charge of a situation & sometimes feel like I?m respected for doing so. Like Leia, I?ve had a great loss and it made me stronger, more callous for going through it.
    I ended up with a GREAT man in my life for taking the path that was laid out in front of me and have a GREAT group of friends that talk about stupid stuff like this :p ;)

The Emperor ? I see silly (whinny) paths my friends are taking and guide/push/pull/manipulate them (what ever it takes) sometimes to a ?darker? or more ?evil? path. What I?m talking about is I?ve taught them to be surer of themselves, stand up for themselves. I say this is the ?dark? side because girls have always been taught to be obedient, non-selfish, and the caregivers, well sometimes that is not the best role for us to play!! I teach/show them how bad the world can be if they continue in the direction they are going or how good they can make the situation. We women have a way of trying to change things we have no control over and it?s best to let it go (could be a tiny bit like Yoda?).
    Having friends come to me for advise even if they know it may not be what they want to hear, but having the nerve to do it anyway [face_devil]
    I guess because of my loss I?ve become ?darker?, most of the time if someone betrays or hurts me I just say ?oh well? like I knew it would happen, so this makes me more on ?The Dark Side? then a philosopher or Jedi type. (That?s what I have Jeff for!)

I?m sure I can think of more later, but for now I think this best describes me.
    Thanks for reading.

11. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    and THANKS for playing SC!

You too RavLoc!

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Man... I guess I feel like Qui-Gon sometimes. Always giving advice, comprehending the larger picture, helping all those pathetic life forms, but not having it help yourself in the end.

Then I'd say I'm a bit like Han. Constantly on the move but with a loyal friend. I guess you could call it a bad case of Wanderlust. But trouble seems to migrate to you.

And then, last of all, Chancellor Valorum. You try your best to be a leader but things just spin out of control and you get a vote of no confidence. Then you get to see everything turn into an evil empire.

13. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    I guess I'd be Chewie - kinda the guy who's always working on stuff (mostly mechanical), mostly quiet, very supportive of friends, etc. No special force powers needed - tends to brute force through things when needed.

14. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    I am more like wedge..... I am not so important, but with out me somethings wouldn't get done.
    I am also like kit fisto. I am more unoticed. but make my presence known.
    I am sort of like michael. just there.

15. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I was somewhat coherently informed that I needed to do a better job ;)

Pre-Thrawn Duology Mara Jade - Mara was ripped from the only life she knew by one cataclysmic event. Afterwards, everything she was certain of and knew for fact was being replaced with the unknown. Things she had once held dear were being perverted in her mind and shown to her to be something she could never have imgained. Her entire life had been a lie, and she was forced to pick up the pieces and make a new life. Like her, I had my whole world come down around me and I was forced to re-think my place in the world. I was suspicious of everyone, and never trusted another soul with what I had inside. I questioned everything, and took nothing at face value. I searched and researched everything. But in the end, I discovered that sometimes you just have to trust in something, and that includes yourself. The world is not out to get you, even when some of it's people are, and you can overcome anything, as long as you can find that one thing to believe in.

Depa Billaba - Depa was a spiritual person and she was always looking for that higher level of enlightenment. She was naturally attuned to the minds of others and was a calm and serene councilor amoung the Jedi. She was also teacher and protector of the children in the Jedi Temple, chosing to remain at the Temple and provide for the children while the others fought on Geonosis. In addition, Depa fiercely loyal to her mentor and master, and willing to lay her life on the line when it mattered. She could fight when she had to (as one of only 3 people knowledgeable in Vaapaad - the 7th and darkest form), but preferred to think her way out of things. However, that thinking led her down a dark path, when she realized the jeopardy the Jedi were placing themselves in during the Clones Wars and lost her grip. When faced with an undefeatable reality, she succumbed to the darkness. So far, we don't know if she ever found her way back from that darkness.

She was the first character in SW that I felt I looked enough like to do a costume of, and so I started researching her. Reading anything I could, and I quickly discovered a kinship to her. Outside of the losing her mind part, she represented everything I had been trying to achieve as a person. On some levels, I hope I have made it there, and on others, I know I have along way off, but I feel a real connection to the character.

Princess Leia (I know, you are all shocked right now, so close your jaws and read on) - She was one of the first truly assertive characters I had been introduced to in films as a child (the other being the Jodie Foster in Candleshoe and Freaky Friday). She may have been small, and a girl, but she wasn't about to take crap from anyone, about anything, and because of that, she was loved and respected. She knew her mind and she spoke it... She was intelligent, and no one questioned her on it, they respected her mind. She was someone I could admire and try to emulate, even if it was in small ways.

An?ya Kuro: The Dark Woman - She was an uncommon woman among the Jedi, possessing powers that few had, and a natural selflessness that many strove to achieve. However, it was that selflessness that also kept her emotionally aloof from everyone around her, and led many to believe that she was simply a very hard woman. She believed strongly in the will of the force, and found strength from the fact that though she might not know what the force had in mind, but that it would all make sense in the end. When she sought answers to anything, she looked inward, instead of trying to blame anyone or anything else, and as a result, took on a great deal of guilt for her actions along the way. She gave of herself in her teaching, and never asked for anything in return. She was a fierce warrior among the Jedi, and few made it through the Trials without first coming up against her in training. She was the one you wanted on your side, if there was a fight to be had, and the one you neve

16. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    wow, i guess i would say quinlan vos. i can admit when im wrong, and i dont regret mistakes. if you know anything about the character i think it sums me up well.

i was joking with cory and i said lando. i guess im more like that with buisness. i try to get ahead but someone is always sticking their hand in my pocket because im too nice of a guy.

i will have to think about it some more

17. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    C3PO.
    I worry too much and often say really stupid things.

Grievous.
    *hack, cough,.. hock... spit*

Dooku.
    I entrusted my life to the wrong person.

Princess Leia.
    I tape down my breasts. [face_batting]

18. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    You slay me Brutha! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

19. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Owen Lars - it kinda pisses me off, but I can really relate to Owen Lars. I grew up in a small town in nowheresville, knasas. Smalltown people have the smalltown mentality that you just don't do big things. You stay in the small town, work your job, and raise a family. I definitely got stuck in that frame of mind growing up. My dream was always to be an actor, but always thought it was impossible for someone from smallville, kansas to do something so big. I can understand where Owen is coming from, wanting Luke to stay home and be safe instead of going out into the world. If not for running off and joining the military (though reluctantly, it wasn't something I dreamed of doing like Luke), I'd probably still be stuck in podunk doing podunk things.

C3PO - I'm a big wussy about being in unfamiliar situations. I'm not the type to just jump in a starship and fly away unless I've known someone who did it before and it turned out okay for them.

Admiral Ackbar - I've got a huge friggin melon.

20. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    And jiggly jowls. Don't forget the jiggly jowls you and Admiral Fish share. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.