main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Star Wars Withdrawl

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I don't know if its this time of year or what, but it has me thinking about how exciting it was to have a Star Wars movie to look forward to. Is anybody else out there having Star Wars withdrawl from the fact that there aren't any more Star Wars movies to look forward to? All we have left is the expanded universe. Think about it. for the last 10 years we have had a Star Wars movie event to look forward to:
    1997...25th anniversary editions (January, February, March)
    1999...Episode I
    2002...Episode II
    2005...Episode III

Yes, 2007 marks the 30th anniversary, but alas there is no movie event or line party to look forward to this year or the next or........ever again. :( . While I went to both Celebration II & III, without a movie year joined to these events, I don't believe they would have been near as interesting. And if, like me, you aren't willing or able this year to slap down some major bucks for air fare (or trek across country to the west coast), hotel, and the convention in L.A. then this year, this 30th Anniversary, is pretty uneventful.

While, in the words of George Lucas, "Star Wars isn't dead". It is very much deceased on the big screen. While we may yet have the 3D versions to look forward to, there is no definite date set. And, yes, we have more Clone Wars cartoons yet to come and a live action series, which is years away (I'm not holding my breath), its not the same. NO line party, NO Buzz or speculation on which direction George Lucas will take the movies, NO excitement or major gatherings amongst our local Star Wars fans (unless you tour with the 501st).

While there of course is a lot more to life than Star Wars, its just *sigh SAD to finally know that its OVER. :_|

Anybody else out ther share my sentiments?

2. Joe22Skywalker

Joe22Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2006
    I agree...maybe a re-re-release of the OT in IMAX Theatres would help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.