main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm & Legacy of the Void (En Taro Adun!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth-Lando, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Blizzard Will Announce New Game Next Month

I think I speak for all gamers when I say: "Give us Starcraft 2!" Hopefully, this will be what comes to pass this May 19th. Since the event is taking place in South Korea the odds are definitely in Starcraft's favor. I think the only other possible announcement would be Diablo 3. Please oh please DON'T be another MMO. I think it's far to soon after Burning Crusade to see another WoW expansion so my hopes are high! It's been 11 years since Starcraft hit the scene and it's high time for a sequel!

2. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    [image=http://insertcredit.net/rich/rejected-sweetjesus.jpg]

Didn't they announce StarCraft 2 like 8 years ago? Only they didn't actually ever make it. I never got what the big deal was with that game anyways.

Not to rain on your parade. Sorry

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Soontir, ready the Blood Pit, the sacrifice may once again be at hand.

And make sure it's the good one, not that cheap Walmart crap.

4. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    My Life for Aiur!

5. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I'd really like to know what was so awesome about StarCraft. I admit, I never gave it more than a couple of hours time. When it came out, I was coming off of years of Warcraft, AOE, and whatever else RTS games where out, so I was burned out. It kinda seemed like the same sort of clonish type game we were inundated with at the time.

So, enlighten me. What was the appeal?

6. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    The game took place in Space.

7. ShadowStoneKat

ShadowStoneKat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2004
    Simplicity... it was very polished gameplay. You could start a game with 8 other players and just get rolling. Each of the three groups had their distinct style. Plus the single player wasn't half bad either... memorable characters like Kerrigan, Queen of Blades. If you've played through the bonus level in Brood Wars, it hints as a possible sequel with the race combination of Zerg + Protoss.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It took the gameplay of Warcraft as a basis but really revitalized the concept with the distinct abilities and styles of the three races (which allowed a more personal connection with the gameplay associated with the races) and just in general became a highly addicting game. Plus, depending on your view, you have the wider Sci-Fi/Military appeal to the general public at the time (though LOTR and WOW have probably done well to even things out since then).

It was also easily accessible- in the late 90's, me and a another half dozen coworkers would spend most nights playing SC, then spend the next day out work mostly talking about the previous night's games. A vicious, but fun, cycle. ::)

En Taro Adun!

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    please be Starcraft 2! [face_praying]

10. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    As beautifully stated as that is, basically what I said. :p

I didn't have a PC when the game came out. A friend of mine who had two PCs did and we played a lot. I always loved playing teams against the computer and randomly kill off one or two units stationed at my base while he wasn't looking. Then in the end as the final battle is going on I would turn on him. I know it's mean but, hell it was funny because my friend would get so upset and swear to never play with me again.

11. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    QFT

It's been 11 years since Starcraft hit the scene and it's high time for a sequel!

9 years, actually.

12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Oops, for some reason I thought it was 96 not 98.

13. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

Sweet Christmas!

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    lol, every time Blizzard is set to announce a new game, everyone says "OMG STARRCRAFT @!!111!!1" and guess what happens every time?

15. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    International reports are that it is indeed Starcraft II they are going to announce, and yes, I will have an orgasm.

Here is the report from some South Korean gaming website:

Starcraft 2 will be announced to the public on May 19th at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitation (WWI).

On April 25th, according to game company Blizzard Korea Entertainment, it is confirmed that they will announce Starcraft 2 demonstrating it with both vods and graphics. Furthermore, the developers of Starcraft 2 will be there, and have time to answer the questions.

Starcraft 2 is being developed in 3D and there will be new race and some specific changes to remaining races. Details of only minor parts will be released at WWI.

Blizzard invited more than hundreds broadcasting teams from around the world for this announcement. Prior to this very secret moment on May 19th, they will not release any information.

However, from the people who worked to blizzard, there is trusted word about this information. Person who recently retired from USA blizzard said there is development of Starcraft 2 and there will be announcement.

The chairman of Blizzard Korea said ?we cannot answer anything about Starcraft 2, we will have a new game on 19th so please come and find out?. He refused to answer if new game is starcraft 2.

The shout castor ?Um Jae Kyung? said ?I expect it to be very balanced but have concerns regarding E-Sports, but I doubt there will be changes about E-sports in regards to Starcraft I. However, there will be most likely be another league for starcraft II and e-sports will be much bigger. Since I?m one of the gamers, I?m very excited about this?.

The 3rd WWI will be on May 19th ~ 20th in Seoul, and it seems there will be a lot taking place

Earlier reports called the new race in SCII the "Kerrigan Race", which sounds weird to me.

Oh, and Darth Guy FTL.

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I wouldn't announce a new game at World War I.

17. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    That is why you fail.

18. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002

Take my blood. Please.

19. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Don't rule out the possibility of a whole new franchise.

20. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    StarCraft 2?! I'm still playing (and loving) the original. =P~

21. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    New things are dumb!

22. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    My guess: World of Starcraft :p

23. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Not gonna happen. Least of all because this isn't the Apocalypse.

24. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    So is 99.92% of South Korea.

25. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    anyone think the new race will be the Zerg/Protoss hybrid?