main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO State Fair 2005

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zoom_Cthooga, May 30, 2005.

1. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Now those flickering white lights have been replaced by flickering orange/purple rope lights... it is all an evil plot to drive us insane by the neighbors!!! It has to be!!!

Now, back to the regularly scheduled discussion of this year's Colorado State Fair...

2. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    maybe you can get those high powered security lights they use to blind deer and that come one when the wind blows, get room darkening shades for you, and then aim them directly at their house. Maybe plant a really flimsy tree that will sway for no apparent reason and switch the lights on....

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    ooowhahaha i am posting over here!

Ok so i didn't bother to go back and read the thread.

Is there a 'certain' day everyone is going etc. etc. I wouldn't mind checking it out this year. :)

4. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    That is a very good question!

Anyone know?

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Hey! Something Fair related!

A repost from my thread the RMFF board:

------------------------
    STATE FAIR 2005! Day of troop is SEPTEMBER 3rd!!!

JOHN! TK680! Post!

If anyone's interested in the full day troop at the Fair, contact TK680, or post on the garrison board under the Mission Briefings section.

Fair warning -- it will be HOT. It's Pueblo in the summer. Why Pueblo in the summer? The surface of the sun was already booked. :p Potential for heat stroke is very high. Drink lots of water, take breaks often, and don't be a hero.
    ------------------------

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Now, mind you, while I've relayed that information, it doesn't necessarily mean I'll be suiting up and going. I'm just the messenger. I'm still iffy on going or not -- Pueblo in a costume at the tail end of summer isn't the place anyone with any sense would be. LOL.

7. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    I think it'll be a lot of fun. And seeing that I may have convinced the new 501st guy to do it as Vader, I may get to wear my clone.

No matter what, it'll be a fun time for all and they love us down there.

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hey, I forgot to post...

AFTER the Fair troop (whether I'm there or not), I'm having a BBQ at my place. PM for directions.

9. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    So do the stormtroopers overthrow the current entertainment on the Pepsi stage and install the Emperor as the supreme entertainer? That might be worth seeing...

10. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    That depends. Vader might get heatstroke in a couple of minutes, and trooper attendance so far will look something like 1 squad vs. half a planet's worth of Ewoks. :eek:

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    whats the count of troopers going to attend so far?

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Attendance has doubled since I checked the boards a couple days ago. Looks like 8...possibly 11. We are not going, but we'll be available after.

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    9...possibly 12.

And I keep reiterating this on the RMFF board, if you want to go, CONTACT JOHN ORNDORFF -- TK680. They're working on getting free tix into the Fair and stuff. But they need your info ASAP.

If you just show up without having contacted him first, you won't get any benefits because they need a headcount.

14. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    are we showing up at all for moral support? Or will we be cleaning the house and grill and preparing food?

15. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I believe I'll start the morning off by sleeping in til noon, cuz I ain't gonna wake up early to cook my brains. Maybe mow the lawn, get the grill ready, and then I'll worry about people coming over.

I had this idea about leaving my costuming to places that are air conditioned. I think it's a good idea.

16. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    bbq? yummy. I'm not gonna go in a costume this year at all...might go that weekend as a civilian...not sure yet. Wont need perks, though. :)

17. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    We promised the girls that we would take them to the fair but I'm not sure when...

I would rather not go on kids day - because the line for the carousel will be really, really long and full of other peoples bratty kids...but that might be the only day we could go schedule-wise. I need to talk to D_N_T about it...

BBQ at Zoom and RDT's is always fun though!

18. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

The SCJ will be there in full force and possibly to the BBQ after depending on how many of us can still stand. So we will see ya all soon.

Later Days...

19. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Have you contacted John/TK680? I haven't seen anyone else's names but troopers on the list of attendees. They get pretty...ummm...irked...if people just show up without warning.

That, and they need a headcount for people needing free Fair tickets.

20. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I pmed him. I may not be able to attend due to work. ont know til next week.

21. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    As long as he knows, and has you down for a free ticket, it's all good.

22. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I talked with TK680 and he told me to hook up with CosVader. So everything is in and we should get our tickets. I am just waiting for the details as far as when and where to meet. So this should be another high flying adventure for all to see. YAAAAAHHHH!!=D=

Later Days...

23. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    Is awaiting also.

24. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Not to sound stupid- after all, I don't live in Pueblo...but I have no idea when the Fair starts and ends...anybody help me out here???

25. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    the fair started friday. it ends labor day.

I think i am going to go and hang out at the fair the day this is going on. i wont be in any kind of costume(my Pilot is gonna be at Dcon then) but i will hang out with ppl.