main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO State Fair 2005

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zoom_Cthooga, May 30, 2005.

1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    If you can hang out, you can be a handler. Do you need a ticket?

2. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    a ticket would be nice, but no need to scramble or cause stress for it. it there is a spare i will use it:)

3. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    FYI, I gave Chico's list of attendees to John, so if you're trooping with the 501st and are not on Chico's list, let me know ASAP.

Kev

4. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Parade information.

This information is from last years parade and to the best of my knowledge it holds true this year.

From Musso:
    We are required to be registered NO LATER than 9:00 am.. If it is like last year, they will start to close down the streets at about 8:20'ish... I will be there at 8 am.. They will be having a pancake breakfast near where we will be getting ready to go at, so if you missed breakfast, we can feed ya LOL..

We will be meeting at the SAME place this time.. For those of you who didnt make last years, but are coming to this one, as your on I-25, take the Abriendo exit (I believe it is 98A, but it might be 97.. I WILL double check by tomorrow) and travel west on Abriendo.. You will pass the Pueblo Library (on your left) You cant miss it. It is a HUGE building that has to be the UGLIEST creation ever! It is actually covered in COPPER on the outise. So it has that "lookslikepoop" brownish coloring. As you pass that, continue on about 1 block and you will see a small store named "Taffy's" to the LEFT of you. Park in that area.(Unless your late then find parking whereever you can and come meet us in that spot) I am not sure what number we are going to be as of yet, as they are still getting childrens entries and of course they have precedence.

From Charles, I recommend everyone get there as close to 8:00am as possible, as parking will be very limited the later you get there. There will not be a changing place so keep that in mind when you come down. I plan on being there no later than 8:00am and will try to have my FRS so you can contact me when in the area.

After the parade we will drive to the fair grounds and begin getting ready for the Fair Ground Invasion.
    I look forward to see you all there.

Kevin, can you please forward this to the SCFF folks that will be attending?

Info from the fair website.

Kids Parade
    Saturday, September 3 -- Mesa Junction Area
    The Kids Day Parade is an annual event during the Colorado State Fair. For more than 50 years, this delightful parade has been a competitive event for children 12 years of age and younger. The children compete for trophies and are judged on costumes, creativity, and just plain cuteness. This year the parade is Saturday, Sept. 3, at 10 a.m. in the Mesa Junction area. Merchants and businesses of the Mesa Junction area sponsor the parade with donations from a few loyal sponsors. The Mesa Junction Association will hold a pancake breakfast before the parade on Colorado Ave. between Abriendo and Evans from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. The cost is $4 for adults and $2 for children.

Staging I believe is on Abriendo.

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Kev -- Is Mac on the list? I checked the garrison board, but last time I looked I didn't see who was on the list submitted by Chico.

Rachel and I still won't be there, but a few people are using our place as a crash pad for the weekend, and I think Tasha will be here while everyone's out on Saturday. I...think.

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Got a few troops from Denver in and secured. Everyone's getting some sleep before heading out tomorrow morning.

7. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    So, how was the parade and fair?

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I heard it was good. Except, we slept til noon, Jenny came over about 2 and we made ka-bobs, at about 5 Becca, Brett, Carl, Zac, and Alex (from TTCI) showed up, and we had da BBQ and watched movies til everyone fell asleep. And Becca, Brett, and Carl just left back for Denver a bit ago. We had fun. :D

9. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

The Fair was a blast, things went Really Well we had an Amazing turnout. To ZOOM : My deepest apologies, I hadn't slept in 3 days so when I got home it was straight to bed and I woke up this moring about 10AM. But I want to thank the 501st for letting us help out it was great.

Later Days...