main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC State FanForce meeting discussion

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TallonKaardgamer, Sep 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    We've been approched by the Fayetteville squadron to host a statewide FF meeting here in Raleigh (since we're centrally located).

I'm thinking of something closer to just after the DVD release of Episode 2.

Time to brainstorm - put your ideas here!

2. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    We had a very successful state fan club meeting for Lord of the Rings recently. It was a DVD showing + pot luck dinner + door prizes. Those who went to one of the conventions like Origins, DragonCon, GenCon, etc gave out some cool freebies. It was held from 4PM to midnight with a break inbetween.

Another option might be an all nighter at our local laser tag parlor - typically held on the last day of the month on a Saturday and ending Sunday 7AM.

3. BOLA_KOON

BOLA_KOON Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2002
    I would echo Tallon in support of these meetings/competitions, it is imparative that we meet and support each other in the spirit of what we celebrate...
    Mobilize to make a difference...

4. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I'd love to take part in this, but, being only 16, I could not go to Raleigh.

Perhaps if it took place in Charlotte, I could join in, but otherwise no.

5. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Raliegh? I don't know so much about it being centralized... It'd be a long trip for us in Charlotte as well as in Boone. I know it a good 3-3 1/2 hour drive from here and I think it's about 3-4 hours from Boone..

And also -- perhaps we could all make a thread in the South East Regional Board about this to help keep us all from jumping from one FanForce board to another...?

I'd be up for going. An idea I have is that we all get together and go see AotC at an iMax together. That'd be one hell of a show :D .... of course, we could always rent out a hall for us all to go view the AotC DVD at once it's released.. a private theatre, as you will.

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I think it would be great if all of the NC groups could get together for an event.

I agree with RMCOY. You might want to create a thread in the Southeast Regional Discussion Forum so that you can keep the conversation in a centralized location. You can put links to the thread in your city forums so that your chapter members know where to find it. It would be the easiest way for folks from all the NC chapters to discuss this.

That's just a humble suggestion from your friendly neighborhood RSA. :)

7. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    Goes off to do that very thing....

8. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8753393&start=8753476

9. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    My two cents are posted. :)
    Hopefully we can get this all situated, seeing how we have a couple months before the idealized time ;)

10. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    TK: I've lived all over North Carolina, and I agree that you're not centrally located, however, I would drive to Raleigh, and I can take three to four people in my car.

I think the idea of a DVD viewing with a pot luck supper is great. Four p.m. to midnight, though--I think I'm too old to pull anymore all-nighters--haven't done that since college, and it wasn't pleasant then. :p

I also like Riding's idea of an IMAX viewing--you guys would have to come to Charlotte for that, though, unless there's an IMAX theater in Raleigh that I don't know about (I grew up in Wilson so I'm pretty familiar with Raleigh, but I know a lot has changed in the past few years). (Riding: side note: this will definitely be a Separatists meeting, even if the rest don't want to join us.)

And a Southeast Board post would be great, with links on all our boards--TK, would you like to do it? If you other city reps don't want to post the thread, I will. :)

11. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Alright. I've got a feeling Cheryl and Clay may go, considering their love for trips like this. So, I guess we should move the discussion to the appropriate thread now :)

12. Cartooncheryl

Cartooncheryl Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 1999
    Me? Interested in such a thing!? But of course! Hee hee! Yeah, I'd love to join in, and I posted my thoughts on it on the other board. Let me put them here too, in case people aren't going to both boards:

Charlotte or Raleigh would be fine for me, as well as doing it in November. I'm working too many weekends in October and a few this month as well, so no travelling for me for a bit.

I think it would be a good idea, if people are staying overnight, to arrive at hotel on Saturday morning and then stay Saturday night. That way driving home on Sunday would be more leisurely, and not going til upwards of 3am, yipe!

And most important: costumes! Are there gonna be any? We don't have to have a contest or anything, but it'd be nice to see 'em if you got 'em! Also I'm wondering if we should pass this on to the NC 501st? They have a nice little group in the State (I'm not a member, though) and it might be nice to bring in more people. Of course, if the people who are planning this want it to be strictly a Fan Force group thing, that is fine, too.

Can't wait!! : D

13. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm all in favor of costuming and pulling in the 501st into this locally. I get along with them fine.

14. StormtrooperVF101

StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2001
    Lets comprimise.... Concord is a nice quiet town... I think....

15. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
  16. JediDad

JediDad Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 1998
    Time enough to plan an event like this is critical. This far in advance, you might even get the "old man" of the group there! :D

I like the costume idea. Personally, I like having a good excuse to wear mine.

All that to say, I'm interested. Let's start pulling together some details.

(You do it in Concord, I'll definitely be there!) :D

17. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I wanted to accomodate as many Separatists as possible while simutaneously getting Fayetteville's approval on a date.

Ultimately the discussion in the Southeast region is leaning on Raleigh getting an IMAX of AOTC as the anchor event. We have an IMAX theater in our Exploris museum downtown.

Lucasfilm is in contract negotiations with them.

All we need is a date and time, and we can light the candle on this puppy.

18. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Eric: "old man"? What does that make me--an anachronism? :p ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.