main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stateside

Discussion in 'Archive: Jacksonville, NC' started by beafet, Dec 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    I just learned that a movie is being shot in Wilmington. It is called Stateside, and stars Val Kilmer (Willow, The Saint, Batman Forever), Rachael Leigh Cook (Josie and the Pussycats, Anti-Trust) and......

Carrie Fisher!! As in Princess Leia. I don't know if she is actually in Wilmington, or not, since part of the movie is going to be filmed in New York.

But anyway, I just thought I would let you all know that. I thought it was really cool.

2. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Perhaps we could travel to the set and find out? :D

3. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    Thanks for the tip beafet! We should definately get some people together & go down there. It would be cool if the Charlotte folks decided to make the drive to, & go the same day we do. We could all hook up together & I'm sure we would have a blast!!! Is this filming going on now? If not, do you have the dates?

4. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    The dates I got were rather rough, but I heard from mid-November to late December, so I would say yeah they are shooting now. There will be an article in tommorows (Fridays) newspaper, I'll find out more info then.

5. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    Thanks beafet! Please keep me posted.

6. Sarlacc_Pit

Sarlacc_Pit Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    Sorry to tell you this, but Carrie has already come and gone. She filmed a few days in Clinton, NC and two days in Wilmington. Val is still here, but from what I hear is not very approachable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.