main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Stuck in Yesterday (OWK/QGJ/OC's) - Sequel to Not Myself - A/N 12-10-09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Title: Stuck in Yesterday (Sequel to Not Myself)

Author: bek

Genre: AU - Drama, some Angst

Characters: Obi-Wan (24), Qui-Gon, OC's

Summary: With Kale and Qui-Gon's help, Obi-Wan is moving on with his life. But his past may not yet be ready to let him go.

Summary of Not Myself: Obi-Wan was not raised by the Jedi. He spent the first ten years of his life with his mother and father until an accident changed that. He has spent the last seven years in the care of his aunt and uncle, living a life that has become anything but what he would have wanted.

Disclaimer: The characters (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, etc?) belong to Lucas or Watson. I make no profit from this. It's just a hobby.

Author Note: The characters, Kale and Cera Kenobi, Nayt & Jes Kalar, Traest, Master Healer Hebsley, Master Jedi Zarek Callen, and Jedi Knight Reed are my creations. (Cera is pronounced Sara) Side Note: The characters listed were the OC's in Not Myself, they may or may not show up in this fic. I've listed them all just in case. ;)

I can't promise a regular posting schedule; however, I do promise that this fic will be completed. I know I haven't posted in a while, but know that I have not abandoned this story. :)

Having said that, I ask for your enduring patience between updates. And I want to thank Valairy_Scot and p_stotts for letting me bounce ideas off them; their thoughts were very helpful. Thank you so much!

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Chapter 1

Several close calls had the vessel twisting this way and that, the hull creaking under protest of the aerial movements her captain was putting her through. ?Come on, just hang on a little longer,? the Knight muttered.

The angry outbursts of the Artillery Cannons around the ship began to lesson, sounding farther away. The young Knight was just about to breath a sigh a relief, thinking they were home free when the tale end of the ship was hit. The control panel lights began flickering, an alarm began blaring. The ship took a turn toward the ground, losing altitude.

Managing to stumble his way toward the front of the ship, the Jedi Master wiped a hand over his forehead and stared in fascination at the warm red substance that stained it. A cut across the left side of his brow was the culprit. Now I know why my head hurts, he thought.

Sparing a quick glance at his mentor, the Knight asked, ?Are you all right??

?Fine. The blast took out the cannon.?

The elder Jedi blinked several times, his vision beginning to blur. ?Take her down; she?s done.?

?We still have the fighter in the bay below.?

?When we land, you take it and go back to Coruscant. That is if it?s still flyable after we crash.?

?No, we can both fit, it?ll be tight but we can manage.? The young man?s voice was strained with the weight of leaving his father figure on this planet and trying to keep the ship from pummeling the ground beneath them.

The ship hit the rocky ground and bounced up only to slam back down. Turing sideways, the ship skidded across terrain. Rock, dirt and debris flew around them. The restraints holding the young Knight in his seat broke and the young man was thrown to the back of the cockpit, connecting solidly with the steel wall. Hanging on to the console, the Jedi used the force to steady himself and his former protégé. When the transport finally came to a rest at the base of a cliff, the elder man released his hold and moved over to check on his colleague.

Banged up but alive, the former padawan groaned as awareness washed over him. His side hurt, his head hurt, everything hurt. His chest expanding, his lungs drew in the air they needed; he gasped in pain.

?Easy, padawan, you have a broken rib or two.?

?Hurts.?

A soft chuckle escaped the Jedi, why, he didn?t know. Stress maybe? His former padawan?s pain was in no way a humorous subje

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh yeah! Please put me on the PM list! [face_dancing]

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Well done.[face_dancing]
    A sequel, and the boys are in trouble already.:oops:

I'm sure I'll be in for the ride.:D

=D=

4. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    [face_dancing] Alright!! I was so excited to see this thread posted, and I certainly wasn't disappointed.

A very gripping opening chapter, bek! The pacing was great and you totally built the suspense right from the start.

Please put me on the PM list!!

~Celeste

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Wow! You've really added tension to your opening...! Great job - just keep me on your PM list, okay?

6. moviegeek03

moviegeek03 Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2009
    This story looks wonderful! I adored Not Myself, and basically just spent the better part of my weekend reading it! LOL. I look forward to this one as well!!!! And, I'm really new to the boards, so I'm not sure how to do this. If you notify people whenever you add the next chapter, is there any way I can be notified as well? I would greatly appreciate it!! You are a wonderful writer and I look forward to more!! :D

7. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    VaderLVR64 Oh yeah! Please put me on the PM list!

No problem! :) I didn?t PM anyone from ?Not Myself? because I didn?t want to assume. I figured I?d wait and see if anyone asked. Thanks for reading.

Gkilkenny Well done. A sequel, and the boys are in trouble already. I'm sure I'll be in for the ride.

Thanks! The boys are bound to get themselves into trouble, especially if they have the last name of Kenobi. :p

CelseteAntola Alright!! I was so excited to see this thread posted, and I certainly wasn't disappointed.

A very gripping opening chapter, bek! The pacing was great and you totally built the suspense right from the start.

Thank you for the kind words, they are definitely encouraging. But I need to pass on most of the credit to Valiary and p_stotts; my other first draft wasn?t anywhere near as suspenseful as this one. They helped me figure out how to get it started off right. :)

Please put me on the PM list!!

I?d be happy to, and thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoy the rest of the fic.

Valairy_Scot Wow! You've really added tension to your opening...! Great job - just keep me on your PM list, okay?

Thanks! The advice you offered really helped. I hope you don?t mind me using some of your ideas. I?ll add you to the PM list. :)

moviegeek03 This story looks wonderful! I adored Not Myself, and basically just spent the better part of my weekend reading it! LOL. I look forward to this one as well!!!! And, I'm really new to the boards, so I'm not sure how to do this. If you notify people whenever you add the next chapter, is there any way I can be notified as well? I would greatly appreciate it!! You are a wonderful writer and I look forward to more!!

I?m glad you enjoyed ?Not Myself,? I had a lot of fun writing it. I wasn?t originally going to write a sequel, but then a storyline crept up on me and here it is. I?ll add you to the PM list. Thank you so much for the kind words! :)

Author Note: I normally do longer chapters but then thought if I do shorter chapters, I might possibly be able to update a little sooner. We?ll see how that works out. Remember, I can?t promise anything, but I?ll do my best.

Last time in Chapter 1: The guys were in a bit of a bind; the people they were sent to help turned on them. Having been shot down, the elder of the two convinced his former padawan to take the fighter jet stored below and return to Coruscant. The Knight promised he?d return.

Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 2

Looking out the small barred window, the pane coated with smudged fingerprints and a thin film of dirt, he could only see a short distance due to the rain. Thunder clashed overhead, the outside lighting up as bolts streaked across the sky. The wind had picked up, the trees bending under the pressure. Turning away from the brilliant display, he stumbled over to the small cot afforded him and sat down.

The floor was muddy from the water that trickled in through the shabby roof. Cut off as he was from the force, a state he greatly detested, he could get no reading of the area around him. Now and then he could feel something slip through the void and wondered at the technology used in the brace he wore. Though he could sometimes feel a shadow of what he was used to, he in no way was able to harness it. And maybe that was the ploy of the collar that adorned his neckline, perhaps it was meant to seem faulty in order to lure the object it was attached to into a false sense of security.

He leaned back against the wall behind the bunk. His whole body ached from the abuse it had suffered, but it had been worth it: his former padawan had escaped. Carefully adjusting himself into a prone position, he closed his eyes, surrendering himself to oblivion.

?Please, don?t go!? When the younger man didn?t receive a response, he darted in front of the Jedi walking beside him and stopped causing the other to quickly sidestep in order

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, gosh YES you've nailed the tension all right. What was a bit, er, teeny-bit flat before, is most definitely not now.

I really like the small sign of impending discomfort Obi-Wan is showing. It's not setting off any alarms but, it's there.

Most excellent! Bravo.

9. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    ACK! More tension!! *bites fingernails nervously* (Actually, I like tension... ;))

Fabulous job, all the same. I love how you use minute detail to set all of your readers to worrying... :D

I'm looking forward to the next installment!

Thanks for the PM!

~Celeste

10. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    This is great! Keep me on the pM list please.=D=

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    That's right Obi-Wan. You should always say goodbye and never leave on bad terms.
    It is true in all life.:D

Great job with this.=D=

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Your father can take care of himself; I?ve seen him get out of more hostile situations than I can count.? Qui-Gon replied.

Silence reigned between them for some time before Obi-Wan finally broke it, his tone just above a whisper. ?He wouldn?t even listen; he just talked about how the mission was important and how it had to be him and Reed that went.? The young man reached up and rubbed at the back of his head before looking at his mentor. ?I didn?t even tell him goodbye.?

Reaching over and placing a hand on the youth?s shoulder, Qui-Gon assured him, ?He knows, young one.?

The twenty-four year old shook his head. ?It doesn?t matter if he knows, what matters is that he left while we were on bad terms. You?ve always said to make sure there are no loose ends before we or someone else go on a mission, but instead I let him leave and frayed the ends to boot

Excellent update! =D= =D=

13. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Wow! Starts with a bang! Two posts and they're already in up to their chins. Keep me on da list!!

14. Obi-Odd13

Obi-Odd13 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2008
    Lovely job so far!=D= I can feel all the tension building. Not to mention the hints you left at the conclusion of Not Myself. [face_love] I adored that story, and I am so looking forward to following this one to the end! If you could add me to the PM list, that would be great!=D=

15. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005

Sorry for the delay in posting. Finals are over as of this week as is our fall semester; however, I'm working on a project that comes around twice a year. It should be completed this weekend. Next week I should have some time to work on the next chapter; it has been started, but had to get pushed aside in favor of work and the class I was taking.

Just wanted to let everyone know the status of this fic. I hope to have another chapter posted by the end of the month. Keep your fingers crossed.

Have a great weekend!

Bekah

16. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I just read the whole of Not Myself in addition to Stuck in Yesterday and wanted to say that I was very impressed with Not Myself and really enjoyed reading it. You have a great talent for writing scenarios where the main character finds himself caught between civilian life and the Jedi way of life, with its requirements and responsibilities. Obi-Wan's struggle to adjust from his former criminal life to that of a Jedi Padawan illustrated very clearly the sharp contrast between these two ends of the spectrum of society.

I liked the first chapter of Stuck in Yesterday very much, in particular the fact that you didn't reveal who the Jedi pair was. I must say that it was an interesting experience to read a description of a particular pair, while at the same time thinking to myself that this would be an equally good description of many other Jedi pairs. The tension is starting to build up and I hope that Kale and Reed will be safe. I also really liked the two sentences of the second chapter: ?It doesn?t matter if he knows, what matters is that he left while we were on bad terms. You?ve always said to make sure there are no loose ends before we or someone else go on a mission, but instead I let him leave and frayed the ends to boot.? Indeed, so many of us sometimes let others go away in anger, and find ourselves regretting it subsequently. There are so many words of wisdom in your story! :)

Please put me on the PM list for the fic. Thanks! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.