main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Summer Event

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bobafemme, Apr 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    This is super early notice, but I wanted to plant the seed before eveyone starts making summer plans. It would be nice if we could have some event after school is out so our greater MN area friends can join us. Some ideas brought up in the past: Valley Fair, BBQs, going to one of the many lakes. It'd be best if it's somewhere public, especially since some of us still have to convince parents that these SW nuts are a-okay. Obviously, July 4-8 are out.

Any ideas on what, when and where?

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Hmmm... a picnic dowtown near the spoonridge? Of course weather would always have an impact on what we do if we do decide upon something outdoors.

~*~Bria

3. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Ooh... I vote for the Wild Thing (roller coaster at ValleyFair...)

My apartment complex has an indoor and outdoor pool and barbeque grills. I think we were going to have a barbeque/pool party last year, but I had to cancel. We have plenty of time to go for a reschedule!

4. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    I remember there's a place in Minneapolis with flight simulators.

How about we role play Rogue Squadron?

Although I'd have to check prices... I think we're all on a budget!

5. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    OOOooooh.......flight sims...

Sign me up!!!

Master Eki

6. jfren484

jfren484 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2001
    I'd definitely try to make it for flight sims. When I lived near San Francisco, some friends and I went to one. It was really cool, except the stick in my sim was faulty and I could only go straight or turn left. If something was to my right I had to turn left until I looped around enough. Being the most prolific video-gamer of the bunch, I still managed to come in second (out of 5). My boss was the only one who beat me, and he's a licensed pilot.

7. jfren484

Mar 21, 2001
    Hey, here's a wild idea. How about a Twins game? We'd have the place to ourselves. j/k :D

EDIT: I don't know why attendance isn't up with the way they've been playing. They've only lost 1 at home!

8. Bria

May 15, 1999
    :eek: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! A Twins game!!!!! What an awesome idea!!! I'm surprised *I* didn't think of it... ;)

~*~Bria

9. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    My last (and only) Twins experinece included way too much crack.

10. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Femme!!! - I about fell off of the chair reading that one! [face_laugh]

I was there, I can vouch that Femme wasn't drugged out at the game. She's talking about someone who kept bending over and showing us 3/4 of his butt!! :eek:

Shudder... I'm still having nightmares over that one! :eek: Any more of that sight and I might have needed to go in to the doc for a med or two!

11. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    RogueNine just emailed and said he'll be back in Minnesota May 14th! Yay! :)

He also suggested a Sunday Twins game. I'm game for the game and looks like we have quite a few interested.

Should be fun... but I hope the people in front of me are wearing their belts!

12. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Yeah, I'm in for a Twins game. I know there's some cheap tickets if that's a concern for people.

13. Muse_of_Bria

Muse_of_Bria Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2001
    Yay! A Twinkie's game. I can't speak for her myself, but I have a feeling Bria will be 'game.' Get it? :p

14. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    You mean you guys actually have a summer up there?

Wow.

Go figure.

:D ;) [face_devil]

(Heather hikes up sith robes and high tails it back to Chicago.....hehehe)

Don't mind me, I've never been to Minneapolis, so I have no idea what I'm talking about. I will, however, be up in July for Convergance. I'm expecting great things from the city of brotherly love... (or is that Philly?). Erica, I'll expect the grand tour -- or at least a driving tour as we prepare to entrench ourselves at the hotel for the convention.

As soon as a date is set for Great America, I'll be sure to pass along the info

Happy Friday!

~Heather~

15. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    I could do a Twins game. I've been to one Twins game in my life. I was still in grade school, we were up in the extreme nose bleed section and my cousin and I were more interested in eating candy the whole time than the game itself.

Personally, flight sims or Valley Fair sound more exiting, but who's to say we can't have more than one sumemr event, right? :)

16. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Vader2000 brings up a *very* good point. :D

~*~Bria

17. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Valley Fair does sound quite fun too. I love roller coasters! :D

18. jfren484

Mar 21, 2001
    Hey, here's one for the "crack" files. Although it's kind of the opposite of your Twins experience, Bobafemme and MJS. At the T'Wolves game today, my wife and I noticed that the female halves of both of the couples in the row directly in front of us were wearing thongs! It was kind of funny really. They were both having trouble keeping their pants/skirt high enough to conceal the whole thing. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.