main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD SupaNova Brisbane - April 13-15

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by GoobaFish, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Not in the slightest. Ride already organised.

61 seats is a lot - who organised that? I haven't heard anything of it... :confused:

2. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I reckon 5 bucks each for petrol in a car sounds better. My car'll be there anyway, seeing as I'll be coming and going a few times from Supanova on Saturday. I'd prefer to be leaviing SN when I want and the same with Movieworld. And if you want that lift MS, then my car is fully loaded.

3. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Well if the bus is a no-go I'll definately be taking my car. As far as I'm aware Lozza is on board, so that leaves room for 3 more. I'll be leaving SN around 4:30-4:45pm.

4. ImperialCourtessan

Mar 10, 2005

Oh and interest on the bus is lookin good! About 50 seats avail atm.

5. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    I dont think i will be able to make this, sorry guys [face_skull] As much as i want to meet Aaron Douglas and Billy D Williams, and hang out with you guys, I have to pass

6. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Ah that sucks Marv :(

7. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Okay, so after umming and ahhing over finances, I've decided I will be going. However, as I'm not all that easily able to get into town these days, would it be too much of a hassle to ask one of you nice people to pick me up a 2-day pass? Casual? Sammich? You two both work in the city, reckon one of you could pop down to ticketek on your lunch break or something? I'd owe you one.

8. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Want me to order you one online BBN? I still have to grab mine.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

9. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Next time I'm in the city (Thursday, I think) I'll grab one for you :)

10. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Magnus, my understanding is that ordering online is more expensive and can take ages. I don't really know, I just remember being told that if it's possible to just buy them over the counter, that's a better way to go.

That would be great if you could do that, M_S, thanks man. :)

11. ringmaster50

ringmaster50 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2007
    Ok so I'm thinking I would like to Supanova to this and perhaps met a few of you? The event at movieworld looks cool because I have never been so anyone want to adopt me for the weekend?

12. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Consider yourself adopted :p

13. ImperialCourtessan

Mar 10, 2005
    Kahlan72's car is full, but you're most welcome to ride with Lozza and I in my car RM50! What suburb do you live in and we can organise to drop you home when we get back to Brissie.

14. ringmaster50

Mar 10, 2007
    Awesome. You people rock. I am in Paddington.

Tickets are available at Ticketek? I think I know where that is....I want the weekend pass and the movieworld entry dont I?

I don't mean to sound so Gump-ish but this is all very new..

15. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Heheh that's ok, we were all new to this last year. Yup, that sounds about right! With the weekend pass you get entry to the friday night shindig, plus sat and Sun. Can't wait to meet you! I'm sure you'll have heaps of fun! Unfortunately my car is full for the trip to Movieworld though, sorry!

16. ringmaster50

Mar 10, 2007
    Thats cool - I can drive to the movieworld night and meet up - just didnt want to go all on my own!

I will go and buy my ticket at lunch and then I'm set! I cant wait! IM EXCITED and ODing on exclamations!!

Whoo Hoo!

I'm gonna expand my already too large tshirt collection because I need a transformers tee :oops:

17. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Yay!!! Don't worry, you won't be alone!! So glad you're excited!! hehehe I'm excited too! and nervous! SO MUHC SEWING TO DO!!!!!!!!!

Ooooh I think I've caught your exclamation fever :p

Not long to go now guys!!

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    '... And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.' - Maskerade, Terry Pratchett

:p

edit: Of course, LC is right though - not long to go, and sooooo much sewing to do T___T I know what I'll be doing on the Easter long weekend... [face_thinking]

19. ImperialCourtessan

Mar 10, 2005
    Ringmaster50 - PM'd you but are you catching a ride with Lozza and I to MovieWorld? or are you driving yourself down/back?

p.s. still have a couple of seats available if anyone still looking...

20. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Well not sure how I'm going to get there in all so book that seat for me I guess [face_tired]

21. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    A week to go! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Finally allowing myself to get excited about this after the crappy time many of us have had of late. Something fun to look forward to where we all just get to hang out together.

My outfits are really finished now, including the leather Jean one which I really like. It's a tad tacky in the detail department but it gives the feel I wanted. Now I just need to find time to wear it!

Costume plan: Friday night is Xmen I think. Saturday is Star Wars day . Sunday is Battlestar Day/maybe xmen again after I've harrassed Aaron Douglass.

Movie World car pool plan: My car probably Me, Goobs, MS and CJ, although I think I was presuming CJ without asking him. If not CJ, then space for one more.

I really hope there's a timetable of events put up in the next few days so I can plan Saturday so I can go pick up munchkin and bring him for a few hours, avoiding anything HUGE I want to see without an excited kid who just wants to stare at people dressed up ( which I'll love doing with him for a few hours ). He'll probably be there in the arvo for a couple of hours and would love to see you all I'm sure. Already talking about it.

Did those BSG patches ever come through LC? Woulda been cool to have one on part of the BSG costume, but figured they didn't get made in time.

So far I want to see the Buffy fan film Friday night, see girls pass out over the LOTR ring guy, go to a session with Billy Dee and Aaron, watch MS play Chess, actually see some of the drawing comp, spend some time getting photos with cool costumers, have a major Star Wars melee in the main street, people watch, and have a ball at Movieworld. Woot.

Anyway..1 week to go. Hope everyone is at least feeling some excitement like me, at least for us geting to spend some time with each other doing the very geekiest things we do. :)

22. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Eep, I'm still madly sewing - though I did make a lot of progress on one of my costumes last night with the aide of Abi's overlocker (I want one! :_|)

Not long to go now... :eek:

23. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
  24. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    I'm just checking on the patches Jodes, They were made a few weeks ago but I jsut haven't heard anymore. Supanova has seriously snuck up on me!!

Well I'm currently working on 4 costumes. All in various stages of finishing. Thankfully I have holidays next week, so I'm pretty confident I'll get everything done.

For me Sat is BSG (Cally :D) and Sun is Wonder Woman. I would switch them to match with you Jodes, but I planned the costumes around the the panels on Sat and Sun, plus I'm doing a couple of group things, so I can't really switch at this stage. Sorry!!

I'm very excited about it! Just hoping I get everything done (I know I will, but there is always that panic). I'm mostly looking forward to dressing up, having fun and catching upw ith great friends. So many wonderful friends coming from interstate, it will be nice to just suspend the world for a few days and focus on the good things :D

25. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Yep, SupaNova's upon us. I can hear the 20th Century Fox lead-in music. That chime-stardust bit at the start of ST:TNG's credits. The siren that tells the teams to clear the grid so they can start racing. The friendly but cautious voice of Superman on The Escape. The feeling of the magnetic latch deactivating on the Tower of Terror. The the change in wind direction and Mammatus Anvil of an approaching cumulonimbus calvus storm. The eerie piano music at the start of Battlestar...

MURDER SANDWHICH: The Cosplay Chess is on Saturday from 5-6pm. Sadly, many of us will not be able to watch it as we will be enroute to Movie World already. :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.