main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Survivor 25 - Philippines

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Johnson, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Totally caught this by accident tonight. I had no idea that it was the 20th season of Survivor. I remember watching the first season and then a scattered amount of the last few.

Its scary that out of the cast I recognize very few of the returning players. I'm just happy to see Russel from Survivor Samoa back. Hopefully he does well this year.

2. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    Russel is awesome.

3. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Agreed. I'm curious to see how his games works against a group of experienced Survivor players.

4. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    Who probably already know all about him at this point. It'll be interesting to see what he does since I don't know how capable he will be with deceiving the villains or anyone that knows anything about him for that matter.

I thought Richard Hatch was going to be on for some reason--sad that he's not.

5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i only know the players from the first few seasons but i watched last night and was instantly drawn back in. it's funny how everyone is kind of in awe of boston rob. i hope he takes it down. russell seems like a formidable foe but i could also see him being the first one voted out if/when the villains go to tribal council.

6. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Actually this season of Survivor taped right after Survivor Samoa. These folks never saw Russel play the game.

"Fortunately for us fans though, Heroes vs. Villains was filmed back-to-back with Samoa, so neither tribe knew about Russell's trickery until they saw the season 19 broadcast themselves late last year." - EOnline

Imagine how shocked some of the Villains were when they watched Russel play.

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    It's a bit hard to play when you're in prison :p

Russel is, I feel, going to fall on his face a lot more this season. He's on a tribe with people who are as smart and cunning as he is. Even if they didn't see him play, they know he's there for a reason. Note their faces when Jeff asked him about being one of the most notorious players. The others clearly know the kind of person he must be.

And I think he's already far more insecure and thus more arrogant than in Samoa. His reaction to feeling threatening is always to puff himself up. Typical little guy move. But I honestly think he's going to wind up flat on his face at some point. He already tried the dumb girl alliance thing, which Parvati saw through immediately. This won't be easy for him.

Also, I have a strong hunch he couldn't have made it to the final. He was so extremely upset on the Samoa reunion show it makes me believe he felt like crap because he knew he'd lost two in a row.

I don't know. Russel is a fun villain to watch, but ultimately I would rather see his hubris trip him up than see him win. The guy needs a reality check.

This season has tons of potential, though. Thank goodness they got rid of Sugar.

-sj loves kevin spacey

8. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    The guy needs a reality check.

Oh I suspect he'll get one...but I still think he's awesome in a "he's good tv" kinda way.

There was some special before they aired the show in which Russel and Richard Hatch met each other and were talking about this new season. I think that's where I got the idea that Hatch would be in this one. Richard reminded Russel that he didn't win...unlike himself :p.

9. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Ugh. Just ugh. I know the whole boot order but this is one of those votes that I was just hoping wouldn't come true.

10. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    yeop

edit: lol nvm, i just checked the filming dates and he missed it by two months.

11. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    I feel sorry for Rupert every time I see him on the screen for some reason.

I wonder if the heroes can pull it together...

12. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    If they get rid of James. He's a physical player but he basically shattered morale of his team last night.

13. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    I forget his name, but there's another guy who made alliances with two sides of the group--by doing so, he essentially split the heroes in half. What was his name...

14. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    So is Parvati like the best player ever or something? How the heck did she stay on? Not a single vote! [face_hypnotized]

lol @ Randy burning the buff.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't know. Maybe Randy was just that annoying. If they vote out Parvarti next they'll be okay. If not, she's trouble.

Lol @ Russel's envy of Rob, who's a much better all-around player. Because, you know, he gets people to like him. Also is it just me or did Jeff laugh at the thing about them 'losing' the machete, probably because he had to know it would be Russel's tactic?

Once again, Tom is amazing. I don't know how he stays so level-headed in situations like James going completely insane. And he caught a chicken. Then owned at the challenge. Speaking of which, James needs to be voted out but he won't because he's strong. And that challenge... lmao. That was the most domination I've ever seen in a challenge. The heroes might suck at puzzles, but they can sure as heck throw people around.

Best part was Coach screaming in triumph for like a whole minute while Jeff just went "Coach, no. Coach, no. Coach! NO!"

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I liked coaches MLK quote the best. :_|

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    "I'm not going to pontificate, but in the words of Martin Luther King Jr..."

It was like a line written for a sitcom.

-sj loves kevin spacey

18. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    We've seen Rob lead his team; this time we saw Tom do it. He plastered over the cracks caused by James, and obviously coached his team on mud.

19. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm pretty sure he was laughing. And they made a point to put the camera on Russel when that was mentioned too.

20. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    That's what I thought, but I read a castaway interview (can't remember who) where someone said that everyone liked Randy fine enough. So... ??? Oh, I know, it was the Survivor insider, that's what it was.

So, Gabon is the first season eliminated from HvV. [face_thinking] That was a cluster**** of a season. Enjoyable, but all over the place.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Absolutely. The sad irony of this is that, while Tom is clearly the best equipped to lead the tribe to wins and success, no one there wants to be in an alliance with him except Colby. So I'm not sure if that means they'll keep him around for a while because he's useful or if someone might wake up and realize this guy is both strong and smart and that he might be someone who could help you navigate the waters of a merge. I have no idea why no one has done this, but I would have joined with Tom the first day. People would rather team up with James? Really?

Yeah, they definitely covered and edited that one well. Cutting to Russell laughing, and then back to Jeff laughing much harder than he normally does at Tribal comments. I think he definitely knows where that machete went.

-sj loves kevin spacey

22. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Another episode already, and now Rachel can breathe easy. :p

23. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    The heroes keeping James with a bum leg is pure stupidity. They deserve to keep getting slaughtered by the villains.

24. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Man. :(

This is the one I was really hoping wouldn't come true. Tom was my fave in this game. Ah, well.

I'll keep watching, but it'll be casually.

25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/a/a3/TyderiumCockpit.jpg/200px-TyderiumCockpit.jpg]

"I don't know, watch casual?"