main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA SW: CCG Anyone?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shewski, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    You've got your priorities all lined up, Oreckel.

Keep an eye on this thread, we'll still use it to plan our get togethers, and if you are interested, we can always change the venue to a private place.

Have you ever heard of Cardtable? It is an online program that lets you play CGG over the net. My comp is too old to run it, but if you are interested in getting back up to speed CCG wise it could be of help.

2. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Oreckel... sorry to hear about your dad. :( Maybe you can join us some other time.

Other folks... anyone else with an interest in hitting up the links, or taking in a flick on Saturday is more than welcome to join us. I don't know if anyone else follows this thread, but, in case you do, if you want to meet up, just let me know, and we can work something out.

Shewski... How does this sound for a potential plan for Saturday:

a) I bop over to your place maybe like 9 or 10. We skulk over to Schenley park in Oakland (as that is the only respectable disc golf course in the area). [Don't worry about having a disc or a frisbee... I've got plenty.]

b) We play a round or so. (One round typically takes about an hour. Maybe a little longer, since I suspect you haven't really played before.)

c) We take in lunch. (Since it should be around noon at this point.)

d) We either hit up a flick, based on movie listings we looked at before heading out, or find some place to play some cards. (Or, heck, maybe we could figure out a way of doing both since we're both reasonably clever.)

e) At this point, we can see where things are at, check what time it is, and make a decision on what to do next from there.

Sound okay? I suppose just confirm what time you want me to show up at your place on Saturday, and we can get things rolling.

Looking forward to hurling plastic this weekend,
    Yours Truly

3. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Sounds good to me! I would be cool with 9- that would still let me sleep in... plus it would let us get going around 9:30-10, plenty of time for frisbee.

Movies would be great, since I have been an uber loser and not seen a ton of movies.... Matrix 2, X Men 2, Hulk, etc....

4. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... sounds like a plan. I'll see you bright and early Saturday mornin'. I'll be packing my circles of plastic and colorful rectangles of paper.

The weekend is nearly upon us all,
    Yours Truly

5. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Hey Brian, are you up for some cards this weekend? At any rate, I'll want to meet up with you to give you some cash to dontate to the "Allen's Mom Fanfilm Fund".

Let me know!

6. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I'd be down for getting together on Saturday. My day is pretty open until midnite. We could do a repeat of the last time we got together and do golfing, movie, cards; or we could just get together for cards.

Just let me know what you'd prefer to do, and we can start cooking things up.

My computer is being kinda weird,
    Yours Truly

7. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Ok, I think I've got some time on Saturday. I know I have a meeting w/ the wedding reception folk at 9 AM, and I think I am going to a little get together that night... but let me see and get back to you.

Is the rest of the weekend full, just in case?

8. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... My Friday night is booked for playing D&D, and I'm going to hit up the meeting on Sunday, which I think is my only engagement for that day. Besides the midnite movie, Saturday is wide open. So, that's basically how my weekend looks.

If you have any interest in coming Friday night for some white-hot RPG action, you're more than welcome.

There we have it,
    Yours Truly

9. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Hi Brian,

Why don't I give you a call after lunch on Saturday? That should give me plenty of time with the reception lady in the morning, plenty of time in the afternoon, and I still have the evening in case this party happens.

Sound good?

BTW, I suggest you bring some Podracing and Lightsaber Combat shields with you.... that's all I'm saying....

10. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I just went and checked the Decipher site, and apparently there's a CCG tourney slated for the 10th of August at Helm's Deep. Any interest in hitting it up? I know you've been really busy as of late, but I thought it might be cool if we got a chance to see/play Dan, Reid, Drew and crew. (That rhymes!)

Also, at the meeting the other day, Sal gave us our reward for winning the trivia contest thingy in the VRW thread a looooong whiles back. Since you weren't present, he gave it to me to give to you. I'll hold onto it till the next time we meet up.

Shouldn't still be awake,
    Yours Truly

11. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I'd like to go tourney, but I'll be in OH for that weekend visiting the parentals. ... sigh!

12. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... Oh well. Maybe next time. If I end up being free, I may make an appearance, even though I'll get my patootie handed to me on a silver platter. ;)

What kind of loser says "patootie,"
    Yours Truly

13. fife2b

fife2b Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2002
    Greetings

I don't know if anyone remembers, but I DID post here a few times back around Christmas time...wow, seems so long ago. Anyways, to tell you the truth, I haven't touched the game since then, and even THEN, I hadn't really done much for a year or 2 before that. Basically, I've lost everything, skill/play wise. I'd love to join you guys sometime, I'm about an hour north of Pittsburgh, not sure where that puts me with respect to you guys. I'll just have to find a free weekend or something. August 29th, I leave for PSU Behrend, maybe I'll find some guys up there that play and brush up on things, or distract myself from college, one or the other, probalby both. I'll have to read up on what you've all been up to, but its a bit late/early here, and I need SOME sleep -- so, i'll be around -- eventually.

Fife

14. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

fife... Of course I remember you. When you're one of like only 4 people to post in this thread, it makes it easy. :)

At any rate, me and Shewski live over near Penn Hills which is a little bit east of the city, near Monroeville, so we don't appear to be terribly close to where you're at.

However, on August 10th there's a tourney over at Helm's Deep in Dormont, so if you wanted to meet up there for games, that could be cool. I know you're probably nowhere near being ready to be competitive for a tournament, but if you wanted to just meet up for games, it might be some fun. It'll also help you in the respect that you'll have a better idea of how people play the game nowadays, since it's pretty drastically different than it was a few years back.

If you go back through this entire thread to read it, more power to you. I'm not sure if there's anything exceedingly interesting in there, though.

Can't believe it's almost been a year since this thread got started,
    Yours Truly

15. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Hey Brian,

I go away on vacation and things go nutso! Anyways, are you interested in hanging out at all this coming weekend? In any case, the other night out toilet's tank blew up and we are a little soggy over here. If we don't hang, can I still swing by and take back the dehum this weekend?

16. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... At the very least, I'd definitely like to get the dehum back to you, since I think I won't be needing it much anymore. My place seems to be mostly back to normal, and it sounds like you REALLY need it.

However, my car self-destructed recently and I am without any form of self-transportation, so unfortunately, we'll have to plan around that. I'd like to get a chance to hang out with you, but I gotta see what's up.

My head is all kinds of spinning at the moment, and some low-life on the phone just threatened to kill me, which isn't helping my mood. *rolls eyes*

Anyway, I suppose just give me a jingle tomorrow after I get back from work, or fire off an email or PM, and we can work something out.

Wonders what else could possibly happen,
    Yours Truly

17. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Kill you?

Man, what a day. I'll give you a call tonight and see what's up!

18. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Hey Brian,

I was able to win a box of Theed for only 36.00 today. The only card I am really looking for out of it is Darth Sidious. Would you want to split it? If we did, and you pulled Sidious, I'd give you a good deal for it =)... Plus you could probably take most if not all of the commons/uncommons that I'd pull.

I know you've been in a financial pinch with the car, but I know you were interested in doing this at one point. Anyways, let me know!

19. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I could be down for that. It's late, I'm tired and stressed, so I'll ponder the specifics of the arrangement at a later date. (If you come up with anything, feel free to fire them my way.)

Perpetually boggled,
    Yours Truly

20. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Hm......

Well, we could always just split it- that's the easiest/lamest way to do it. Since I'm only interested in a small portion of the set (Sidious, maybe some other useful rares), we could also do something where you get the bulk of it and I'd get other cards,

Splitting it down the middle and seeing how our luck fares is probably the best, but if you have a creative way, let me know. I'll keep you posted on when it comes in.

21. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... I'm down with just splitting the box. We could then barter, haggle, and fight to the death over any cards that the other might want. If I come across Sidious, he's yours. I imagine he's the reason you bought the box, so I will lay no claim on him, even if he pops up in one of my packs. Now, if we somehow get two copies, that may be another story... [face_mischief]

The car dealer offered to break my arm as a down payment,
    Yours Truly

22. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya guys! From your 'sign offs' ben_ethus it sounds as if you have encounted the Evil Sith Lords of Car Dealers. :(

I've wandered into this page to ask a d'uh question . . . the CCG game you play is different from the TCG game, correct?? I ask because I bought some of the New Hope and Jedi Council booster packs because I wanted the packages and some of the cards (just cause they looked cool) but now I have about 40 cards I don't want . . . can you guys use them??

23. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Hi Chris,

Yeah, the games are different. I know some of the guys play the TCG, like Josh (mettalijedi).

Hey Brian,

You up for getting together again this weekend? My friday night looks to be free, Saturday is trickier since I'm hosting a fantasy football draft.

24. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... My dad and bro are heading into town sometime late Friday evening (not exactly sure when), so if you wanted to maybe bop over and do stuff as I sat around and waited for them to show up, that might work. Saturday won't work at all for me. My Sunday appears to be somewhat open, though, too.

When is that crazy box of CCG cards coming in? (aka: when do the pack-opening extravaganza get to occur?) I believe I've said it before: nothing else quite like tearing into a slew of fresh packs of rectangularly-shaped slips of painted cardboard. :)

Woke up late today,
    Yours Truly

25. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm keen for bopping over!

The Theed Dude only takes checks, so I assume it will be a little while so he can see if it clears. In this day and age of Paypal, that simply stinks. I'll keep you posted.

I may have something else new. Games Workshop made this game back in the 80s and 90s called Talisman- basically a fantasy board game. I played the original at a friends house, and when I tried to get my own I found that it is extremely rare.... copies going for around 80 bucks. Well, GW, in April did a limited re-release of the '94 edition, and I got one off eBay. Would you want me to bring that along to take for a test drive?

Anyways, want me to just call after work on Friday?

BTW- I was on the PC site, and saw that Drew won PA and Reid won OH states.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.