main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW:CCG FAQ (post your ruling questions here)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bib Fortuna Twi'lek, Apr 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    200th post!!

2. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Would a site deployed from an objective count for Combat Readiness' starting interupt part?

3. BrenDerlin

BrenDerlin Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2001
    Hmm... The short answer is.......no. Read the card:

...STARTING: If you have not deployed an Objective, deploy from Reserve Deck one battleground site (or two <> sites) related to your starting location. Place Interrupt in Reserve Deck.

So if you have an objective on table, you can't use this for your starting interrupt.

4. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Lol, I forgot that it said that! [face_blush]

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It often pays to read the cards. ;)

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    With a landed starship...

-Does a permanent pilot provide ability towards drawing destiny/creating presence for initating/blocking a force drain?

-Does a pilot character aboard the ship proviode ability towards drawing destiny/creating presence for initating/blocking a force drain?

-TIE's cannot land, correct?

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    -Does a permanent pilot provide ability towards drawing destiny/creating presence for initating/blocking a force drain?
    Pilots aboard landed starships do not provide ability towards drawing destiny, but they do provide ability so they can drain, block drains and be battled.

-Does a pilot character aboard the ship proviode ability towards drawing destiny/creating presence for initating/blocking a force drain?
    See above

-TIE's cannot land, correct?
    They can only land at docking bays

8. BrenDerlin

BrenDerlin Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2001
    Hey, on that note, can a pilot's Game Text apply?

example: I have Mirax on The pulsar skate landed somewhere. do I get a Battle Destiny?

9. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    No, I don't think you do.

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Nope, pilots don't get to use their piloting text while their ship is landed.

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  12. NissoJape

NissoJape Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    what are some good weapons that make cards immediately lost?

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Leia's Blaster Rifle, Leia's Sporting Blaster (V), Disruptor Pistols, any weapon fired by IG-88, any weapon with Dr. Evazan, AAT Laser Cannon, Energy Shell Launchers, Thermal Detonator, Concussion Grenade, Dark Strike, and Blaster Proficiency.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  15. ninjapheret

ninjapheret Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Why can't a landed pilot force drain? I always assumed he could. I know he's got power of zero, as the ship has no power, but I always thought they could drain.

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    A landed ship can Force drain, block Force drains, initiate battle and be battled, as long as there are passengers or a permanent pilot with total ability of at least 1 aboard.

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  18. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
  19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    No one wants to post any rules questions? :(

21. hairlesswookiee

hairlesswookiee Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2003
    some of this is going to be obvious but please bear with me. if i get back into playing my first deck will be base on this theme, so i want to know.

a. you can bury every type of mine that deploys to a site, correct?
    b. when timer mine is buried does it last only one round or until its tripped (i believe i always played that it wait until tripped, worked in my benefit ;))
    c. what causes a mine to be tripped? i believe i assumed that any kind of disturdance to the site by your opponent cause it (ie. op. vehicle moving across the site, op. character moving to or from the site, op. character or vehicle deployed to site)
    d. if the mines are triggered when an opponent moves away from or across the site is that character or vehicle still endangered by the mines or only the characters or vehicles that remain at the site.
    thanx

22. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    From the glossary:

mining droid rules ? When your mining droid is present at any site, it may ?lay? (deploy)
    mines face up there. If the droid is on a planet, it may also ?bury? (place) mines face down there to simulate creation of a minefield. If you have a mining droid present at an exterior planet site during your deploy phase, you may bury (place) any number of cards from your hand face down underneath that site. You may choose to bury ?real? mines, ?duds? (non-mine cards buried as a bluff) or a mixture of the two.
    When any character, vehicle or starship deploys or moves to or across that site, all buried cards there are ?tripped? (revealed). Any duds are simply lost. Any mines ?explode,? targeting the card
    that tripped them if applicable (see Timer Mine).
    Buried cards are not considered to be on table. If buried mines are tripped during your turn and you have a mining droid present, you may choose to ?defuse? any or all of them (at normal use of the Force) before they explode.

As you can see, the answer to A is any card can be buried, including all types of mines. B's answer is that the mine is buried until tripped, and then goes off. C is detailed above.

D is a little different. If they move away from a site, they are not tripped, but if moving across the site the cards are conceptually there when they trip the mines but can move on after seeing if they survive the effects.

23. hairlesswookiee

Sep 30, 2003
    so i guess that leads to another question. it makes sense that both player can trip the mines. but how does the timer mine work arfter being trip? does it target only the characters for the player who tripped the mine. or does it target your opposition characters only. or (something i didn't think of when i was playing the game) does the timer mine simply get activated to blowup exactly how the gametext discribes?

24. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    The mine works as normal.. it doesn't target your character when played face up, so it doesn't target them if its tripped either.

I've play mines.. lots of fun if you're good at bluffing :)

25. hairlesswookiee

Sep 30, 2003
    it's more like poker than sabacc is. well that clears things up tremendously. i thought for sure my old deck spent most of it's time cheating. the only area i was wrong was with the timer mine, which unfortunately was probably the most powerful and useful in that deck when used improperly. thanx alot for the help. though i do have a new strategy on how to effectively use those timer mines. i'll just always play the face up and force them to move and trigger another mine or stay and get blown up. that may just be a heck of alot of fun. now i'll have to find some people to play. thanx all of you for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.