main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL SW collecting new & old

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediLars, Dec 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I buy from "Reach For The Stars" in Crete IL......as soon as the owner gets the new stuff in...I get one of each...and he usually has them before the rest of the stores...the catch...I pay a higher price than you can usually find at the regular stores...BUT he guarantees that I get them all....and I do...

I also have the two new Unleashed...the Slave Leia is AWESOME...and so is the Darth Vader without his helmet...

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Hmmm. Does anyone know where I could order some of the 2003 figs online, perhaps? All the major sites still have figures from like 8 months ago. :(

3. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    So I went out tonight to a few toy stores (including the one just a block away from the B&N Thom works at :p ), and even though I was sure I wasn't going to find anything, I had this inkling that I KNEW something was going to happen.

Something did! I found the two new 2003 speederbikes! The first of ANY 2003 figs I have EVER seen. I didn't buy them though, because, well, I don't want them. :p But it's VERY encouraging, because I know the other 2003's are coming (and the TRU shelves where I found the speederbikes are very sparse, so there's plenty of room for the 2003s to fill :D ).

So anyways, my point is that even though I techincally didn't get anything, I'm soooo excited because I know that the new stuff is just around the corner. :D

4. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Time for a recon mission.....got the 3 3/4 figures...but Reach for the Stars does not usually sell the vehicles....

5. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Target in Lombard had the 12inch Zam Weesel and Battle Droid for 9.88. Not bad.

6. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
    hello,
    anthony from the indy knights, here.
    my cousin lives up your way and was trying to find the compactor sets.
    if any of you have seen them, could you please p.m. me?

thanks

7. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Oh, Sithman... you forgot the cardinal rule of SW toy collecting: if you see a new figure, hide it! That way, even if you don't want it yourself, you can direct fellow collectors towards it. *sigh*

8. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Trash Compactor sets....all I can say is good luck!

I found #1 with Han and Luke several months ago....have checked countless times since...no Chewy and Leia....so I ended up getting it on e-bay....gave up!

9. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Trash Compactor sets....all I can say is good luck!

I found #1 with Han and Luke several months ago....have checked countless times since...no Chewy and Leia....so I ended up getting it on e-bay....gave up!

10. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    The Walmart on Meacham in Elk Grove Village has the new Tusken Raider, Obi-Wan Ackly Attack and Padme Droid Factory. There was only one Padme, so look behind the power rangers stuff that's on top of the shelf.

And I got Teebo! I missed him with Power of the Jedi packaging, so now I got him!

YubYub!

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Carrie: [face_shocked] Contemplates driving up to Elk Grove just to pick up those figures. I have wanted the Droid Factory Chase Padmé and Obi-Wan Acklay Battle since the day I saw their pictures! :(

\\prays that he'll get them\\

"Oh, Sithman... you forgot the cardinal rule of SW toy collecting: if you see a new figure, hide it!"

Hehe, actually Thom, I am usually the one LOOKING behind all those other toys to find ones that other people have hidden. And once, I actually found one! :D I found one Clonetrooper Pilot on the pegs, but for some weird reason I like intuitively *KNEW* that there was a 2nd one somewhere (so I could have two to go on my gunship), and I searched behind ALL the other toys in the isle... AND I FOUND ANOTHER ONE! :D I was so happy, hehe. :D

P.S. Actually, Carrie, remember the Dooku and Anakin Speeer Bikes you told me that were up in Lombard after the Book Club thing? Well, I finally found them in the Toys R Us right down the block from that same Barnes and Nobles (Thom knows where it is, probably :) )! w00h00! I don't want those figures, but they mean that the other 2003s are on the way! w00h00! :D

12. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Everyone start the chant. More new figures! More new figures! More Ewoks!

Okay, you don't have to say the last part. :)

Since all I have seen previously is the blue Twilek senator and Mace Windu (seriously, NOTHING else) I was worried I would miss my second chance at an Ewok, but I have Teebo, so yay!

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    w00h00! Last night I finally found the Jedi Council Yoda! :D So happy! :D

Oh, and I would LOVE to be able to find the new Ewok, Carrie. I'm going to use him for my ever-expanding Endor diorama! :)

14. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello gang, I hope that the collecting is going well for you all :)

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hey Mike! You still coming down for the summer?

I lurk in the Tapcafé all the time, and I love your posts. :) A real Star Wars fan, you are. :) Kindred spirit, heh.

16. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I am already bored with the new figures....
    Obi-Wan - Acklay battle
    Mace Windu-Arena Confrontation
    Padme-Droid Factory Chase
    Tusken Raider-Tatooine Camp Ambush
    Library Droid - 2 pack
    Anakin-Secret Ceremony
    Classic Boba Fett
    Flying R2-D2
    Darth Tyranus-Geonosian Escape
    Lama Su and Clone Boy
    Aayla Secura
    Bariss Offee
    [face_devil]

17. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    [face_shocked]

WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE???!??!?!??!?! [face_shocked]

18. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Jeez, Sithman, she worked hard getting those figs. Do you realize how difficult it is to break into the Kenner warehouse??

19. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Well Folks I am still around, been awefully busy!! As for collecting, most of my 2003 figs I found in Wausa WI! Oh well, I am still missing a few and hope to complete them on my many sales trips.

later,

JediLars

20. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Sithman...

Where did I get them all?
    ....dude...

read the post at the top of the page...

I have had all those figures since the end of February....JediAutobot will back me up on that...she saw them in my Star Wars room on March 1st when the Robe Workshop was at my house.....

21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Oh, lol, nevermind then. :p

"Jeez, Sithman, she worked hard getting those figs. Do you realize how difficult it is to break into the Kenner warehouse??"

But she didn't share? [face_shocked]

22. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Sithman I am coming down on May 15th or 16th.
    I will confirm in about 2 weeks dude..

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Awesome, it'll be great to meet ya! :)
    (Remember the cardinal initiation rule of Chicago Force: You have to bring figures for everyone. Jorg Sacul and Toy Fair Vader's are usually the lowest level of gift, so that's the bear minimum you should do)

Anyways, as for a new acquisition, I got two more Preview Clonetroopers!!! YAY! I'm so happy. :D

24. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002

I still have my extra Jorg Sacul....

two....
    count em....
    two Jorg Sacul figures....
    [face_devil]

25. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Okay, KayBee is running a sale on Star Wars toys. The Anakin and Zam speeders are $7.50 each. Lightsabers are half off, as well as the 12inch Electronic Jango Fett. Basically, whatevers out at the front of the store is on sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.