main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL SW collecting new & old

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediLars, Dec 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yo JK, the only things I am missing right now are the latest waves. I have Snaggletooth and Koth, but all the other figs that have been released without Force Files I do not possess. If you see any, grab one of each and I'd be forever in your debt.

2. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    What I'm really hoping to find early in the Playskool sets, any of them. I wouldn't normally stress, but my godson's birthday is March 22, and I wanted to score some for him. So anyone stops 'em, post please :D

3. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I'll see what I can do for both of ya or anyone else. I'll remind you all when I leave in case you get something in the mean time.

4. ScoobyDew

ScoobyDew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2000
    Way back, in response to JediAutoBot.... Yes, I was lucky enough to get to order the Toy Fair Vader.

I tried for a few hours on Friday night to order, but no luck. :( Big waste of time. But then I got up early on Saturday (7:30 am) and finally got my order through! I then immediately headed back to bed. ;)

I got 2 of them, but I'm not sure what I'll do with the second. But I don't think I'm going to open either. I have my removable helmet Vader to play with anyhow. :)

5. TomTav

TomTav Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    Hello all ,
    This is my first post.
    In response to JediAutobot
    I have an extra Playskool X-wing adventure & Duel with Darth Maul.
    When I ordered these I did not realize that there were two each. I was so excited to find something S.W. for my 3 year old son that I did not pay attention.
    I paid 86.94 for the four. I am quite sure I paid a premium.
    But, if you cannot find them anywhere else in time, e-mail me and you can have the two at my cost.

Thanks
    Tom

6. TomTav

TomTav Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    Sorry, this one was a mistake
    Thanks
    Tom

7. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Ok. all, I'm leaving Tuesday. JJ, which figures EXACTLY are you missing? I just wanna make sure. If anyone else needs any other SW merchandise that isn't very plentiful here, I should be able to locate them down south where I'll be. Just catch me at the BBQ or any other meeting.

Mark

8. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm missing:

new Rebel trooper
    Imerial Officer
    FX-7
    Sabe (Queen's Decoy)

That's it. Of course - catch site of a AT-ST, I would like that.

Thanks man.

9. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Never heard of the 'Imerial Officer' you mentioned but I'll see what I can do. You may have to settle for the 'Imperial Officer' instead. :p

10. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey JJ, I have seen some of these figures at the walmart and Target near me. If I find any that you need on my travels I will pick some up. Shoot me an email if you would want me too.

JediLars

11. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Man, if you guys haven't been checking your Rebelscum listings for the new "Imerial Officer", I don't wanna talk to you anymore.

HUMMMPH!

12. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh, FYI - when I say Queen's Decoy, I actually mean the black traveling gown, NOT the Sabe shooting the blaster.

Basically, it's like this: if the figure does NOT have a Force file, I need it ('cept for Koth and Snaggletooth).

13. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Lego Jedi Starfighter at Elk Grove Village Walmart. Yay, I have one now! Check your local Wmart for your very own.

14. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey, how come there were no preview toys...like the Battle-Droid with Stap and the Mail In Mace Windu figure?

15. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    There are 4 sneak preview figures coming out in this month . . . A Clone Trooper, Jango Fett, R3-T7 and Zam Wessell. In fact they should be coming out in the next couple weeks. To add to the fun, these figures will be the last of the POTJ line. Then the NEW retro blue line start coming out. Check rebelscum under the Toy Fair 2002 and you will get your first look of the figures coming out in the year.

Jedilars

16. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    I have found the preview figures at a Wal-Mart in Missouri. They were so new that they weren't even in the system yet. I was able to get 4 sets of them before my wife pulled me away. The only reason I got them is because the town this Wal-Mart is in has about 1,500 people and not a SW fan in the bunch. Man, they are sweet looking.

17. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    To the guy who, at the Naperville WalMart on 59, put the preview figs on the top shelf of the SAME AISLE they would be hanging on the pegs - thanks.

18. BojTrek

BojTrek Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2002
    Looking to sell... I am looking to sell a number of Star Wars and Star Trek items...

Are there any action figure conventions or anything in that nature where I could get a table and sell items...

Any help would be appreciated? Phone numbers, dates, locations... Thanks again...

19. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    I would try a Google search, or check into your local comic shops. Comic shops should have a listing of upcoming toy shows.

20. BojTrek

BojTrek Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2002
    Thanks... I will check some local comic stores when I have some time...

21. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Also, check the Weekend Plus section of the Sun-Times. The last few pages usually have the lowdown on upcoming shows and such. I know the really HUGE toy show in Kane County should be coming up soon. That's THE place to buy and sell. I've gone broke many a time going there.

Toy-man Mark

22. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Who needs an E2 Jedi Starfighter? Shiny new blue box? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Oh wait. I need one. Hey....thanks Wal-Mart.

23. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    "To the guy who, at the Naperville WalMart on 59, put the preview figs on the top shelf of the SAME AISLE they would be hanging on the pegs - thanks." JediJeff13

:)

Are you actually thanking some guy or are you talking about those oh so clever people who think they can hide SW toys from the experienced toy hunter.

My favorite was finding a Vader w/ removable helmet inside a ceramic pot in the "Housewares" section of my local Target. It was just luck that I stumbled upon it. I've also seen people sticking figures in the "Barbi" section of Toy R Us and of course the famous stuffing them into the bottom of the "Soft Toys" bins. Will they never learn?

24. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah....some people have unique places to hide stuff. The key is to NEVER hide a collectable behind another collectable! Shoot for the Fisher Price aisle, if you gotta stash. Or the board game section.

25. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    About 3 months ago I was at a Wal-Mart in the clothing section and found a stash of figures behind a stack of sweaters. I wasn't even looking for figures but when I pulled out one sweater, I found them hiding. Needless to say, I went cold this winter and bought the figures instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.