main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Timeline Gold & ChronoRadio Announcements

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nathan PTH, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    I figured that instead of starting a new one of these each month, I might as well try to confine my ramblings to one thread. So . . .

Ladies and gents, the new SWT-G21 is up!

It includes 16 new Fan Fiction timelines, courtesy of John Cron, plus new summaries for Poison Moon, Rite of Passage #2, Betrayal #1, and The Dangerous Games. It also has a bit of info about what to expect in October.

You can find it at the link in my signature. I hope you enjoy it.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Let me be the first to say: Whoa.

3. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
  4. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Michael asked over at the GS when the new ChronoRadio and SWT-G were coming out, and it dawned on me that I hadn't given any release projections over here for a while. So . . .

Michael (and anyone else interested): The new SWT-G and the two new episodes of ChronoRadio (#5 and Special Edition: The Canon Question) should all be released the weekend of the 19th/20th, if not earlier. The actual 5th Anniversary is considered to be the 17th, but I'm not sure how easy it'd be to hit that target. I'm still going to *try* for the 17th, though, which would be a week from today.

5. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Thanks for the update Nathan!

It's great that you have started a single thread for your announcements.

6. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    This is gonna sound bad...but who is Nathan Butler? ?[face_plain] [face_blush]

7. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I still don't like the idea of having fan-made and unofficial stories being referenced in a document that's already massive, but this looks excellent.

8. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Sturm, I have always agreed with the statement you have made.

9. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    :eek: Comprehensive enough ;)

10. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    As comprehensive as Timetales?! :)

11. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    But what is it!

12. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I don't mind the fanfiction and fanfilm stuff. Its apart of fandom, of couse. Just ignore it if it isn't your cup of tea.

13. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Wedge 88, thank you for posting and ignoring my question. :mad: [face_plain]

14. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Nathan Butler is a guy who has created the Star Wars Timeline Gold, a massive Star Wars timeline similar to Timetales.

15. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Ah, thanks.
    I had started to figure as much.

16. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Sorry, Trell. I've been somewhat away from the TFN boards except for a few Fan Films threads over on that board recently. Teaching takes up a lot more time than I'd like.

Anyway, to answer some of the comments:

It's great that you have started a single thread for your announcements.

There's one on TOS, and one on GS. I figured why break with tradition. :)

This is gonna sound bad...but who is Nathan Butler?

I'm another of those obsessive SW fans. I'm one of the handful of "major" writing and voice acting players in the current fan film community, but in this case, I maintain one of the other major SW timelines on the web. TimeTales and the SWT-G tend to stay about on par with each other as time goes on, but stepping beyond our two projects, there's not much that can touch us these days. (Unless something new's popped up that I don't know about yet.)

I still don't like the idea of having fan-made and unofficial stories being referenced in a document that's already massive, but this looks excellent.

That's part of why I split it off into its own supplemental file, instead of keeping it part of the primary document. I figured that fan fiction (which I added so as to provide a reference and to give some of those authors much-needed exposure) might as well be treated as apocryphal materials were: given timelines for their own distinctive "realities" and separated off from the main file, so as to avoid confusion.

Sturm, I have always agreed with the statement you have made.

What can I say, it's the style differences that keep the projects distinguishable to the layman. Heh.

But what is it!

Someone didn't hit the link. ::smirk::

At any rate, I'm still working on the new release right now. I'm aiming for this weekend. The new episodes of ChronoRadio are ready to go, but the timeline itself has a few summaries to go before I'm ready to send the new one up.

17. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Can't wait for the next episode of ChronoRadio.

I've been looking forward to the "Canon" question segment since August.

18. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    You're in luck then. The "Canon Question" segment was expanded into an entire separate episode. So, this month, you'll get the new regular CR episode, but then also the new CR:SE on the "Canon Question."

Since CR5 has a feature on the SWT project's anniversary and CR:SE #1 features the Canon issue, the two old non-CR audio clips from the SWT's homepage will be taken down when these new episodes go up. The "Levels of Officiality Visualization" file that has been so helpful, though, has been worked into the Special Edition episode, so the idea isn't lost.

All that remains to be done for the next release is to get Destiny's Way, Ylesia, and the new Emissary of the Void edition summarized. Otherwise, it's pretty much ready to go.

19. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    Will we have it tomorrow then? I really hope so. I can't wait for your NJO retrospective. I hear you might be going back to "What will happen to the SW galaxy after NJO?" briefly in your NJO retrospective and talk about the upcoming NR books that will be published after NJO.

20. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Probably not tomorrow. Probably more like Saturday. Tomorrow's my birthday, so I'm taking the day off from grading and such, but I've been feeling so crappy lately health-wise that I'm tempted to spend the day after work sleeping.

As for the retrospective, it's set up as just a retrospective. I was going to add bits about what's coming, but I ended up on a 10 minute rant against the idiots who sent *death threats* to Salvatore after Vector Prime, so I didn't have time. :)

This marks the first and only time thus far in a CR episode that I inform younger listeners to turn down their speakers for a few seconds so I can rather blatnatly swear at someone. The Infinities discussion in episode 4 didn't even merit that one.

I also hope people will like the "5th Anniversary Celebration" style intro. Chris Hanel (The Formula, Digital Llama Radio, TFN Humor) will be making a new intro later, but I worked up a quick one to replace the old Yoda intro for this episode.

21. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Okay, I finally have time to sit down and work today. The new SWT-G, CR #5, and CR:SE #1 should all be up by sometime early this evening.

I'll post when they are available.

22. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Alright! Ladies and gents, the new 5th anniversary release of the Star Wars Timeline Gold is now available! This new edition includes several new features, including new summaries, new events, and several new appendices. You can find it here:

http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/

Along with this edition of the SWT-G, two brand new episodes of ChronoRadio are also available. The first is ChornoRadio #5, featuring a NJO retrospective, SWT-G retrospective, a rant about death threats after Vector Prime, and more. The second is the long-awaited ChronoRadio: Special Edition featuring "The Canon Question." It's filled with quotes, cases in evidence, visualization tasks, and more, all with the ultimate goal of helping quell the "Levels of Officiality" confusion.

You can find those here:

http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/chronoradio/

Also in CR #5 is a new, exclusive preview scene of Star Wars: Second Strike, the fan audio drama. You can find more information on that project here:

http://www.starwarz.com/timeline/2s/

The project has hit five years, and those of us who have worked on it, down to the smallest contributors, are having a great time this month celebrating.

I look forward to any comments, particularly on ChronoRadio.

23. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Thanks for the update!

Downloading now... will give you feedback after I have listened to it.

24. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Lo and behold, I drop by and the thread isn't on page 20! :)

Sounds good, Michael. I've just made it a point to try to get opinions on a few of the older CR topics from some LucasBooks staffers who are posting over on the Official Site, so maybe the next episode's "callbacks" can include some of their thoughts.

I'm pretty sure that the next episode will feature a look at various home video presentations of the films, but I've yet to decide on the review topic or what the 2nd feature would be.

Suggestions from the peanut gallery?

25. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Great work with Chrono Radio #5. I liked the little clip from Second Strike that you incorporated into the Episode. The New Jedi Order retrospective was really good too.

The Canon Question Special Edition was a nice treat too. Your analogy of the Castle and the Kingdom was great.

I was a bit surprised that you didn't mention or touch upon Sue Rostini's quote in Gamer 6.

Other than that, it was all great stuff. Does the next episode come out in December?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.