main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWEEEETTT!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by TK7771, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Check it out!! :cool: :D

This should definately be a get together or a meet or something!!! [face_mischief] :cool:

discuss!! :D

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    IIRC, TFN posted not too long ago that AOTC was not going to be released at IMAX theaters. BUT if this is indeed true, we should definitely do this. [hint hint] providence mall has a sweet IMAX theater [/hint hint] :D

3. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Yeah I read that to,but TOS says its gonna happen.I'd take the TOS's word over TF.N's!!

4. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    this is awsome! I wouldn't miss this for the world, just tell me when and where and I'm there! This is SWEET!!!!! I hope they do this for all of them! AOTC and ESB are my favorite 2 of the saga, so this is awsome!!! Seeing episode 2 on IMAX, NICE!!

5. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I'm not going to Providence when the new Jordan's Furniture just opened a brand new IMAX theater a few weeks ago. That may be the only IMAX theater playing AOTC in the Boston area since most of the others are usually for educational films.

6. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    eh the providence thing was a joke, i always kid about making a meet down here :p but by the same token i won't go all the way p to boston when i can see an IMAX down the street

7. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    There ya go, Uncle George, anything to rake in a few more bucks. :p (j/k)

8. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    HOLY #()$*#)($*(&$*(@&^@(# I know where I'll be this winter, HAIL IMAX!!!!!!!!!

9. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Joke or no joke, I will still refer to the title of this forum and club as my arguement.

10. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Holy s%^t! this is awesome!

We could go to the Natick Jordan's furniture and go to their 6 story IMAX theater or stick with our usual Aquarium IMAX, it's up to you guys but this is def. a meet. We'll be having two meets in one month...

//begins saving his money

11. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    aw sure just make me feel like an outcast for living in rhode island :_|

:p

12. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    We'll have a meet in Prov. one of these days. We'll see.

13. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Maybe this will be worth my attending a meet :p

14. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    The only problem I see with seeing this at either Jordans or the Aquarium is,They are both 3-d IMax theartres!!Aotc isnt in 3-d,although it would be cool if it was.

15. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    The real issue is what IMAX in the area is going to pick it up. The Aquarium and Science Museum probably won't as it's just entertainment. I think the one at the Providence Place mall is the same way, as it's major benefactor is heavily into education. That really only leaves the Jordans Furiture one.

16. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    But the jordans IMax is a 3-D theatre!!

AOTC is NOT 3-D,how could it go there!?!?

If anything the Museum is the only place in Boston with a regular IMax screen.I've never been to the Providence one so I cant say much about it.

But its not being realeased til Nov 1st anyway,and we have no clue as to where it will be shown.Heck,it might not even come to Boston,or New England for that matter.If thats the case the closest it will be is NYC.

17. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Well my current drooling thinks it's a good idea!

18. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    hey just because feinstein is a dweeb doesn't mean the providence place one is just about educational films. beauty and the beast ran there for about a month. i am almost certain they will run AOTC at the providence IMAX.

haha ok actually i just called them, and they said most likely they will.

just thought i'd share. and it's right across from D&B :D

19. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    If this place in Providence says that they most likely will be showing it,I dont see why we cant go down there to see it.

In all fairness to Carrie,and any others that live down that way,it seems fair.The same way we go out to Berlin to see the LotR movies,to make it so the members who live out that way can actually make it to a meet!

EDIT:After posting this i saw This announcement on TFN.It looks like it may hit the MOS IMax.But it still doesnt leave out a trip to Providence to see it!

BTW..what is D&B?? :confused:

20. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    What kind of theater is IMAX again?

21. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I think This site here would be better to explain it to you Leah.

22. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    D&B=dave & busters duh :p just as a side note, those under 21 can get in with someone 25+

and also, i know i joke (or no joke, bib :p) about making a meet in providence, but seriously you guys do not have to go out of your way. i'm just as happy going to boston or whatever. if it happens that AOTC comes to the providence place IMAX, well then that's sweet! if not oh well.

but in the event it does come to providence i'll let you know just the same :)

23. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    I just talked to the Providence Place IMAX and the said they WERE NOT showing Star Wars in November!!! WTF!!

24. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    D&B=dave & busters duh 8-}

Why thank you, Queen of all sillyness 8-}

we dont have a Dave & Buster's in Boston (at least i dont think we do,I've never seen one :confused: ),But now I know!!

25. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    what?? why would they lie like that?! i talked to some guy who said they'd more than likely be showing it. :confused:

haha queen of all silliness, i love it [face_laugh]

BTW our dave & busters has pooooood raaaaacing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.