main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Syal and Myri Fan Club: "You must be so proud."

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by imiller, Sep 8, 2012.

?

Syal or Myri?

1. Syal

26.5%
  2. Myri

38.2%
  3. Both

35.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Seha was not a shelter kid. I'd just like to see them included in the novels, have their characters expanded upon. These characters are too old for a Young Readers series. At least that's my opinion:p

A Tool likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe not about Seha being a Shelter Kid but the authors could include her as a new character if they started the series at the time of LOTF or maybe just a bit earlier. I don't think they are too old. It could be done.

A Tool likes this.
  3. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Agreed. Or, alternately, Sword of the Jedi (to beat a dead eopie! ;) )

4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    If they have everybody of the next generation. We shall see

5. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Well, we know it has Jaina and Jag, and Ben has been hinted extremely strongly at. Golden will probably invent some new characters, but given her love of Ben and Vestara, I wouldn't be surprised if she finds more room for his peers or immediate preceeding generation (as she did with the Unit in Fate of the Jedi).

In other news, I'm attempting to recruit peeps for Wraith Squadron! We have positions and ranks to hand out like candy (though many of the ranks are probably Flight Officer). Unlimited mayhem awaits those who join us! And, of course, the chance to maybe meet Myri ;)

Katana_Sundancer and s65horsey like this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Well whoever's in it, SOTJ should be good. I hope we get some good new characters. Hopefully a cameo from Dorvan.

How do we join Wraith Squadron?

7. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    To join the Wraiths, you have three options:

1) Be a former Wraith who has quit in tragic circumstances and must be pressured back into the fold.

2) Be a complete screwup needing a last chance with marketable commando and/or piloting skills.

or

3) PM me or s65horsey (Wraith Lead) and request to join! We're hoping to start having our squadron headquarters over in the Wedge club, and since I assume most of us are huge Wedge fans (thus leading us to become huge Syal and/or Myri fans), that will feel just fine!

A Tool and Katana_Sundancer like this.
  8. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Please no! Ben does not need to be a member of some group like "the Unit". He's too cool for that.

Sounds interesting.

A Tool likes this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I was 2, btw.

10. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Any questions can also be asked here, at the Wedge thread, or by Conversation to me or Sey.

Well, I do think Ben is very cool - but I also think he could use some more friends. Not the Unit, certainly, but people his own age to hang out with.

Similar to the way Myri has Jesmin. I wonder what kind of friends Syal has - because of the way her story played out in Legacy of the Force, we never really saw her interacting with her peers. Some have suggested Doran Tainer as a partner for her ;)

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  11. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Sinrebirth - do you mean you are Wraith 2, or you were a screwup with marketable skills: ;)

12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    So much goes unanswered for Syal, I still feel bad she lost her fiance. It would be great to learn she's seriously involved again or even married by now.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The latter :p

14. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Why am I not surprised ;)

Kidding - you're the best, Sinre!

15. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Ooh, sign me up!

I'm Rogue Twelve over at the XWFC, let's add Wraith credentials to that!

16. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Excellent! We may none of us have been flying as long as Myri, but we can certainly fly with her!

17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm sure Myri could fly circles around me, but hopefully with a little extra sim time I can change that.

18. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    I wish they'd release a new sim. A post-Mercy Kill flight sim, with Alephs, the YT bomber Han and Wedge flew in Betrayal, ETA-interceptors, Stealth-Xs, E-Wings, etc, would be totally awesome - and even cooler if Syal and Myri were playable characters!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    A NJO Flight sim is the one I want

20. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    I'm not sure - I have enough trouble with dupes, why would I want to try to vape skips? Especially since we'd have to incorporate stutterfire, inertial shield keepers, shield trios, etc.

That makes me wonder - do Syal and Myri have sim experience vs. skips? Are those standard training protocol? And if so, I'd bet they also have experience against the Ssi-ruuk pyramid drones.

21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Ugh, another reminder I should re-read the NJO.

Syal I would assume has experience against anything and everything in a sim, since she was trained in the military. Myri I'm not so sure.

22. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Good point. Man...I really hope Allston gets his second X-Wing book, given his promises about the Antilles girls...

23. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    That would be so awesome. So is there anyway to find out sales numbers on Mercy Kill, find out what our chances are?

24. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Well, he was 17th and then 30th on the NYT bestseller list for two weeks, and reports from Dragon Con say he had pitched things to LFL...so, hopefully? I'm hoping for an NYCC announcement...and goodness, I hope we don't have to wait another two years...

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd be willing to wait two years, as long as I know it's coming...but I'd rather not!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.