main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Symbols - L/M AU Romance - Author's Note 12/19/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Mar 16, 2010.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the vows and the friendly way they talked with each other during the reception -- but Kenobi's parting shot [face_laugh] Trials just beginning huh? [face_laugh]

;)

[:D]

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    "Yeah," he whispered in return. "Whatever happens, we're in this together."

You've captured Luke so well here, as he always looks on the bright side of things. Of course your Mara characterization is perfection. I'm enjoying this so much!

Bravo! =D=

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Oy, a two-hour receiving line.

[face_laugh] Love the L/M banter with the reporters.

=D=

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Humor is the only way to survive sometimes. Luke is going to have some more trials of course. Any marriage has an adjustment period - theirs more than others.

5. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Of course, Artoo wasn't too happy about the situation, but it was getting him away from Threepio for a time.

Oh, a positive and a negative at the same time...

The ceremony had just the right flair to it, and changing the vows? Liked that!

"Lady Jade," one of the female Bothan reporters asked, "how does it feel to be Mrs Skywalker now?"

His wife tilted her head slightly and raised an eyebrow, "It's Lady Jade-Skywalker, and as for how I feel, my feet hurt and I'm starving. Does that answer your question?"

[face_laugh]

"She's rather devious actually, she's going to make me laugh to death and claim it as accident. All as an excuse to never wear anything but black ever again."

She glance at him thoughtfully, "You know, that might work, how much life insurance do you think I can claim on you right now?"

(glanced) Is that the beginning of bonding I see? Awwwww... ( [face_laugh] )

And that talk with Kenobi... :D

Well done, eager for more. :)

6. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Well, nobody got shot! ...but they've yet to get to the ship, haven't they? That's just enough time for somebody to swoop in and take a potshot at 'em.

Yay Obi-Wan! <3

Peace,
    Bea

7. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    During the rehearsal they had practiced this, just to keep themselves from looking like two mentally disabled fish in front of billions

I can only imagine this rehearsal...[face_laugh]

So nice to see how these two would communicate if there were no last commands, no revenge and other reasons for hate))

8. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    This is great stuff! PM's, please!

Raptor517

9. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Great update, good to see them getting along :)

=D=

10. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Aw....thats sweet; Obi-Wan was just the right touch at the end of quite a day! :) Its a lovely lovely story, I can't wait to see how it goes and I can't wait for sparks to fly!!!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

11. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    Wow, political vows how.....strangely appropriate.

Mara's humor was very entertaining and so was the light bannter between Luke and Mara.:p

Obi-Wan.=D= Smart as usual.

Awsome post.

12. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    Another great chapter, loved Luke/ Mara banter, loved the bond that is forming between them as they realise that it is us against them. Loved the little cameo of Obi-Wan playing the sardonic, wise sage at the end, hopefully he shows up later in the story. So...bring on married life :cool:

Looking forward to the next chapter :D

13. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Hey, lady! Great to see you back! You KNOW I loved this one and I can't wait to read the ending finally! :D

14. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    divinerose - I think they will be fine too... eventually... [face_devil] [face_mischief] I know, I'm evil... :D

Jade_eyes - Luke and Mara are in the same boat to begin with so there is a bond there, but let's see how things go once they have to spend some time together. [face_whistling] And you know I'm not going to make it easy on these two. :p

Jade_Pilot - Definately going to have a bit of a fire/ice thing going on here with these two. ;) Let's see if this becomes a good or bad thing. :(

FelsGoddess - The things people do for peace... :p

RebelMom - This is so true, humor can get you through the worst of times. :( :) As for that adjustment period... yeah... someone could get hurt. [face_whistling]

DaenaBenjen42 - Luke can be sneaky and cool. ;) :D As for bonding, just wait and see. :D ;)

lost_lauries_grapes - Yet? :p :D [face_batting]

Piper057 - The rehearsal was pretty psychotic, I tell ya... [face_tired] 8-} I'm sure these two could find a reason to kill each other though. :p

Raptor517 - No problem! Added! :D

tahiriveilax - Yep, let's see how long it lasts! :D

Irish_Jedi_Jade - Obi-Wan does rock! ;) and yes... sparks... they will fly, but what kind of sparks? [face_thinking] [face_whistling]

Goddess_At_Heart - Stupid government. :p :D So let's see if L/M can keep the humor going, or if things will desend into arguing. :(

Wifflesnip - Yep, they are bonding already! Us against them is a great way to describe it. :D Obi-Wan will show up, but mostly will just be L/M and the ship's crew for awhile... :D

ginchy - GINCHY!!!! :D [:D] Missed you girl!!

15. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Chapter 7 ? The Wedding Night

"Now, I imagine you'll spend most of your time planet bound while at Imperial Centre," Mara spoke as they walked down one of the long white corridors of the Star Destroyer. It occurred to him that while he had seen pictures of the ships, inside and out, he had never actually been on one. He would have to do some exploring later, that is, if he was permitted to.

"But when you are on the Chimera," she continued as they stopped in front of a non-descript door, "you'll be staying here."

She tapped at the control pad, your typical but very advanced bio-lock. A few taps later and the panel glowed blue signaling that it was ready to receive another bio-indicator. With little prompting he placed his hand on the panel and pushed firmly till the lock took and the panel glowed green.

"Only you, myself and Gilad have access," the door slid open and she gestured inside, "welcome to my room."

As he stepped in, it was as if he had entered a modest sized home. There was an entry way that led into a living space, fully decked out with chairs, bar, holovid, and from there several arches and hallways to various other rooms, at least one an office that he could see. The only thing missing was windows...

"Whoa," he stopped himself short of letting out a whistle. "This doesn't come standard."

"It doesn't," she walked towards the bar, "had this place redone years ago, took engineers a few months to do it, getting around all the cables, bulkheads, etc. Drink?"

"No thank you," he started to walk around, trying to peak at the other rooms.

"This is my home," Jade had poured herself one and drowned it quickly, "Imperial Centre is more of a place to stay, if you understand that."

"I do," he turned back towards her, a thought clicking into place, "so wait, this is yours? Where do I stay."

"Here," she moved away from the bar and across the living space to a short hall and stopped at one of the doors that seemed a bit out of place. She clicked the panel and it opened up to reveal a bedroom with a small but comfy looking bed, dresser and wardrobe, and nothing else except his travel luggage piled next to the bed. "It used to be the game room, we had to install a door for your privacy, and knock one into the secondary 'fresher," she gestured to another door next to the wardrobe, "it will be your 'fresher, but sorry, only a sonic shower. We need to get engineers in for a complete overhaul to get running water into the shower."

"It's great," he smiled at her thoughtfulness, "thank you."

"Yeah, well," she turned away and headed back into the living space. "If you're not going to spend much time here, not sure I should even bother getting it redone."

"I'm not sure myself," sighing, he looked at her and let some of his vulnerability show through, "I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with myself, actually."

"I'm sorry?" she questioned.

Shaking his head lightly, "I'm a Jedi Knight, and I can't be a Knight in the Empire... not with all the prejudice. And as a symbol of this peace... I don't even know where to begin with that."

"I'm sorry," this time it was a softly spoken statement.

Quiet passed between them for more than a few minutes, Mara to break it first, "Listen, I'll show you the rest of the place, and then if you want, you can borrow my water shower. It's been a long day, for both of us."

"Thank you," he gave her a soft smile.

"Not a problem," she turned and gestured for him to follow, showing him the rest of their shared apartment.

Mara sat on the end of her bed, she had removed her wedding dress and hung it up on the side of her wardrobe, now she only wore a pair of casual pants and a loose tunic, her hair pulled up in a tie but still cascading down her back.
    She didn't really know what to expect now that it was done and over with. A part of her had hoped that she could just chuck him off at Imperial Centre and not have to see him again until they had to. But she had a mission to promote the peace she ha

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nopers, not the usual wedding night. Aww, well LOL [face_mischief] The warming up to each other process will be exciting I have no doubt [face_dancing]

They just need to work past the awkwardness into true friendship into romance ;) :p

17. divinerose

divinerose Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 15, 2009
    What, not even a hug? It's not like they hate each other. :p

Yes, it wasn't a normal wedding night, but who ever said they were normal?

18. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    lols. This be funny.

Raptor517

19. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006

The man shrugged, "Just wanted to set the record straight that any one of this crew would die for her, or kill for her if that is required. Figured you deserved that much warning."

"I understand," he nodded and Landis gave him a half-salute before heading back down the hall.

Thank you, Corporal Landis. [face_laugh]

This tour of the Empire sounds exciting!

Peace,
    Bea

20. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    I LOVE landis...that's a wonderful thing, to make Mara's ship into something like that...and definitely something I could see her doing, had she had any sort of power in the Empire over something she could call her own. And Luke...always the gentleman, isn't he? :) Love it though, its so well done!! Eagerly waiting for more!!!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

21. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    From Mara having the best room ever on a Star Destroyer, to Luke getting to know Landis, to them getting to know eachother and a potential tour of the Empire incoming... loved this update. :) Awesomely done.

22. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    Landis is an awesome man! I love him! [face_laugh]

Mara and Luke. [face_shame_on_you] What are we going to do with you two? Say goodnight and off to bed, what kind of married couples wedding night is this?

Ugh, anyways, nicely updated. Can't wait fo this exploration of the Empire. Very nice.

Can't wait for more! :D

23. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    "I'm listening," his interest peaked, she gestured for him to take a seat on the bed with her and as he did she noticed how polite he was about it, making sure to sit a respectful distance. She might have thought the gesture cute if she let herself think such things.

Oh, Luke)))

That thing with Mara's crew is wonderful. Not many people can gather a team ready to die for you - but it's Mara))

Not a traditional wedding night, yes - I only hope, they won't put it off for ten years. :D

24. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    this is really good ;) I wonder what they will do now....

25. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    At least they are getting along :) I can't wait for the romance to start!

Great update and thanks for the PM.