main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tallon IV: Space Pirate activity increasing- Metroid Prime discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Pooja, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Metroid Prime is easier as boss but it takes longer then Ridley which can be frustrating if you're not patient enough.

About Metroid Prime 2, that game is bigger however boss fights are so easy compared to Metroid Prime. There is no equivelent to Meta Ridley in MP2, which is a shame.

Still good luck, you're going to need it :p

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, though I think thats what balances things somewhat- with Ridley, he's tough as nails but he's literally right down the road from your ship. With the Metroid Prime, you have to platform up that large area and deal with the Fission Metroids (that was a mean yet awesome variant) beforehand before dealing with the extended battle.

3. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    I run as fast as I can to avoid the fissions :p The only place where the mini radar comes in as useful.

4. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I've just started playing this again recently from the beginning.

I don't think I'll get 100% scans but I'll have a go.

Just got my morph ball and I'm playing in 1 hour stints.

I may get a two hour run tonight (Unless the nice men at the PC shop have fixed the sodding thing.)

It is a truely quality game. I'm going to actually finish it this time and then go on to Echos.

I'll not be getting a Wii and corruption till next year so I have plenty of time.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They keep knocking me in mid air while platforming if I just try to run, so I usually run/jump to the top of those bone growths on the wall first- take out the 1 chasing me, then rush to the mid-levelw here the missle recharge room is, where that small nook through the wall you encounter 2 of them- I then power bomb them to get rid of them fast and rush to the top. Worked pretty well.

6. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I think I still have like 4 artifacts to get before I can move on to the next part of Prime. Which is a real bummer because I love this game, I just have no idea what I am doing in it right now. I just kinda ran out of time to play it as much (it isn't actually my game or system) so I haven't been keeping up with it.
    In actuality I haven't played Prime or Echoes in probably a year now. I got decently far in Echoes though, that was the odd part.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The artifacts aren't that important until the last part of the game, really. I got all the way to the Omega Pirate (essentially the 3rd to last boss) and only had 2 of the 12 artifacts, I believe. Though from there I had to track down the rest (most are acquired by facing groups of Chozo Ghosts, though some are hidden in a few places)- but the clues you can scan off of the artifact temple statues helps narrow things down. It's actually pretty easy to pick up around that point- even after 3 or 4 years of down time- I'm living proof ;)

8. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah I too have beaten the Omega Pirate, not that hard either. I have actually beaten him for 2 of my other friends who couldn't.
    The only thing is with those artifacts, I think I have done everything there is to do. I have gotten most of them, but even when I was playing MP everyday I didn't know where to find the remaining ones and now I have to pick it back up and start randomly after nto playing for a year+ and try and find them again?
    Sounds great.

9. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Just read the clues, its really easy. :p

10. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah I tried that and got most of them by doing that but I guess I just suck at it.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, which ones are you missing?

12. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Not exactly sure. I remember bits and peices of some but I will go and check to be sure. This coming week will be really really hard for me to get any quality game time in though. I work from 9-9 everyday next week. GOod hours and money but kinda sucks up my time.

13. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Just started Prime again. I'm trying for 100% this time.

14. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    I just bought this game (Prime 1) a few days ago and it's brilliant. As someone who hates the viewpoint in FPS games I am really enjoying this one. I usually pick a 3PS lol as dodging seems a lot easier when you can see your character but in this one it's absolutely fine.

The exploration part is excellent and it all seems so simple to get used to but can get damn hard. The save system was a bit annoying but I'll get used to it.

This game feels just like the traditional old school alien blasting platforming game but in todays standard. Well done Retro Studios. Talk about fantasic western/eastern link up.

Now to play this and then go for Echoes and eventually Corruption. It's such a good thing that Prime1 was out in 2003 and Echoes in 2004 as they'll be so cheap now.

15. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    The save system is definitely something you have to get use it if you're new to the Metroid franchise, I love it though as its part of the challenge the game provides.

16. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Many FPS haters like Metroid Prime. I think it's because it's not really a FPS, it's an FPA, first person adventure. You don't have dual analog control, but instead a lock and dodge system. You don't have to worry about maintaining aim while avoiding all the crap enemies chuck at you. Plus intuitive weapons systems on the c-stick and great controls make me glad Retro Studios is 2nd party to Nintendo. Metroid Prime is excellent and I can't wait for Corruption.

Of course, NST had to go and suck up Metroid Prime Hunters... [face_frustrated]

17. Richard-Drahcir

Feb 18, 2004
    I've took down the 2nd boss (god those wasps were a nightmare) and now I'm recovering items its making the game a lot more enjoyable - turning into morph ball form for the 1st time was totally amazing. The game gets better and better.

18. Richard-Drahcir

Feb 18, 2004
    Wow this has been ignored.

anyway time for an update. Completed the game a week ago :) I seriously messed up and on my 5th (ish) go against Ridley forgot to scan him. It turns out I missed something important on the space station too so my scan count was only 90%

Not bad for a 1st go and killing Metroid Prime was nasty but I did it, unlocked the original game by finishing Fusion as well as the Fusion suit so I started Prime again, on hard mode, and played the 1st level but with Echoes now, I'll be playing that for a while and eventually Corruption.

Anyway see you on the Echoes thread :)

19. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I can't believe I haven't seen this thread earlier.

Since I don't have a Wii or GC, I'm playing Hunters for my DS. Anyone play this?

20. Richard-Drahcir

Feb 18, 2004
    I couldnt find the Echoes thread. It may have been locked so this one will have to be for both Metroid games. Inevitably Corruption will get its own thread but we should keep this going. Having finished and declared Ico as best game on PS2 (even more than Shadow of the Colossus) Im declaring Metroid Prime as best on Cube. It beats Prime 2, Zelda WW & TP, and RE4 as best on Cube - RE4 will really benefit on Wii, well for me anyway :p

I finished this game in Feb and is one of the greatest games ever. I hated FPS and this didnt annoy me at all, it felt like a serious old school game but in the modern age - helped by how Ive played Metroid Zero Mission, 2 and Fusion and can appreciate the story even more now - and had that breathtaking wow factor. GAMES magazine (England) gave it a 10 score and I can see why. Prime 2 is really good but hasnt kept me hooked like Prime 1 did.

I will go back to Prime 2 soon and definitely before Prime 3 is out but when I played Prime 1 I was hooked completely with only Zelda TP distracting me. Prime 2 is brilliant but it doesnt have that va va voom lol that the 1st one did.
    Anyone else get this idea?

21. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Anyone heard of this: Metroid Dread

Nintendo made a slip a long time ago (2005) but won't even talk about it.

22. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Yeah it was just supposed to be the followup to Metroid Fusion but Nintendo never went anywhere but the name.

Meh, just think of it as the one that got away.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Here's the MP2 Echoes thread: http://boards.theforce.net/Games_Board_and_Videogames/b10005/11447717/?290

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Though I don't necessarily agree with the ultimately suggested equivalence between the two, I think there are some very interesting comparisons made in this report: ABC News: Is Metroid Prime the Citizen Kane of video games?.

I was particularly intrigued by the "looking back at what was lost after the decline" comparison. Learning about the fall of the Chozo and Luminoth and such was always a gripping element of the series.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.