main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tatooine

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Jedi Bib, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I figured I should relocate.

This expansion's gonna rock!

2. Imrahil

Imrahil Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2000
    I don't know. The cards I've seen so far (Jar Jar, Maul, C-3PO, etc.) seem really overpowered and could hurt gameplay. I hope Decipher isn't ruining the rest of the game in an attempt to sell it's prequel products.

3. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    More power means more fun.

Maul isn't that powerful, no more than Vader.

I had an idea: the rule of two. What if Maul and Vader can never by on the table at the same time? Or only Sidious and Maul, or Vader and Maul, or Palpy and Vader, etc.

4. Imrahil

Oct 22, 2000
    That'd be a good idea. We might need something similar for the LS or suddenly 12 Jedi Masters (okay, so only 11) are going to show up and be kicking some DS bootee.

I'm also up in the air about podracing. I really have no room in my decks for this side mechanic, but if my opponent reaps massive benefits from racing alone, how can I not get into it?

5. JefferyJedi

JefferyJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2000
    Maul's not that bad, besides the lightside is getting Jedi too.

6. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Qui-Gon will rule.

I think the counsil will be released as either effects or interupts.

7. JefferyJedi

Sep 20, 2000
    I wonder if the old republic and the Trade federation will get their own icons.

Also will Aurra Sing be ability 5? I hope they make her she's cute.

8. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    The old republic's ico is on the Obi-Wan card (we think). It can be assumed that Qui-Gon would have one as well, if he weren't a master.

I have no clue about the trade fed.

9. Imrahil

Oct 22, 2000
    I'm a little confused on the new icons. For gameplay purposes, will Old Republic = Rebelion? I'm thinking no, but you never know.

How about Sidious, will he have an Imperial icon or just a Force icon?

So let me get this straight, when Tatooine is released, there will be 7 classifications for character:

Imperial
    Rebel
    Alien
    Jedi Master (and DS equivalent)
    Old Republic
    Trade Federation
    Darth Maul

Right???

10. JefferyJedi

Sep 20, 2000
    Could be, on the site they definatly talk about the TF and old republic.

I'm thinking no about Old republic = Rebels. Because the Empire is basicly the Old Republic under the control of Palpatine. (think of the senate guards becoming the royal guards, etc.)

It's possible that some Old replubic cards could be darkside, like aliens are on both sides.

11. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Wow, so many questions/observations:

Old Republic- I believe that this will be an icon similar to droids and aliens in that it will not be exclusive to either side.

Podracing- Decipher has told me that podracing will be something that does not require a ton of cards to make possible. It's be just like any other Force retrieval engine...it will take spce, but not an entire deck. And don't forget too that both people can podrace even if only one player has the cards for it. Don't ask me how :) but I'm sure it will all be explained to us in the rules.

Cards are too powerful- Well, since we haven't see ALL the cards yet, I suggest that we give them a chance to come out and circulate :) I'm sure it will all work out fine.

12. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Sidious better be moucho powerful to conteract the new Jedi.

13. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    It wouldn't surprise me to see him be an ultra-rare that let's you search your deck for a Dark Jedi or something like that.

14. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    That would be cool, but what about "the rule of two"? If this became a rule it would be interesting to see who would keep Vader and who would choose Maul.

15. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    what would you have the rule say? two on table ot two in a deck...?

16. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    That would work but until there is the network of backup cards for maul like there is for vader, I think most people who can't afford two+ boxes will keep using Vader

With the light side and them having lots of Jedi Masters, wouldn't most of them have similar game text to Yoda? If they didn't LS would be to powerful, heck Yoda is to powerful by himself but his game text makes him better at being the teacher and providing support

17. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    That's what my thinking is as well. I think a lot of people don't realize that the Council members are the "Jedi politicians". They don't do a lot of field work anymore and perhaps the occasional training. It wouldn't surprise me if the Council members worked similar to the "representative" idea for Jabba's Palce.

18. jade-sabre

jade-sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    I agree that the Jedi Council members will probably be used as effects and interupts just like a lot of the cantina aliens.

The cards seem too powerful, but when you play with them they will cancel each other out. Both sides will be losing cards with attrition, people will decide to forfeit from the site, etc.

A lot of people at the decipher boards are up in the air about the timeline being messed up. It is ALWAYS messed up when you play the game. That is part of the fun. From a purely game stand point, Qui-Gon is just another powerful character. They could of used his gametext a put Kyp Durron's name and picture on it and put it in with the EU cards.

Just think of it as one giant game and not an actual storyline. All SWCCG players have wondered what a Darth Maul card would be like in our game and not just in YJ. Now we get our chance. It is great! I can't wait to duel Luke with him.

What about the new Obi-Wan card spoiler. He can deploy to Obi-wan's Hut for 1 force!!! And then redeploy for free to another Tatooine battle for free. Wow!

That's enough for me. How many boxes are you guys gonna get? I will get one for sure and hopefully two.

19. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    It depends if I'm employed by that time!

The JC as representitives... hmm...
    If they added 1 or 2 to the power of all the other jedi on the table having a few of the council members would be a very good thing. Maybe they'll add to force drains.

I don;t care about the time line. give me more cards!

20. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

Yarua Of Kashyyyk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    MORE spoilers for Tatooine from RFD...

Gragra
    Dark Side
    Unique Alien
    Destiny: 2
    Lore: Female Swokes Swokes. Lives in the city of Mos Espa and runs a street corner market there. Seller of chuba.
    Power: 2
    Ability: 1
    Deploy: 1
    Forfeit: 2
    Game Text: Once per turn may use 1 Force to target opponent?s card with ability just deployed to the same site. Opponent must use 2 Force or return target to hand. Power +2 at Mos Espa.

Changing The Odds
    Used Interrupt
    Destiny: 5
    Game Text: If opponent just drew battle destiny or destiny for Watto?s Chance Cube, subtract 1 from that destiny OR If you just verified opponent?s Reserve Deck, search that Reseve Deck and place one Interrupt found there out of play.

The Camp
    Unique Effect
    Destiny: 5
    Game Text: Deploy on table. Each non-battleground docking bay generates no more than 1 Force for either player. Opponent?s aliens deploy +1 on Tatooine or +2 if non-unique or to the same Tatooine site as your Jedi or +4 if both. Immune to Alter.

21. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Cool! Thanks, man.

22. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

Yarua Of Kashyyyk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    That's OK...glad someone appreciates it!

23. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Yes, thanks for the spoilers, I'll have to post those as a news item. But I wonder what Decipher has against DS non-unique aliens on Tatooine?

24. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    No idea.

I have a question: Why the heck is this set called "Tatooine"?!?! Is there a good answer??

25. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    perhaps they don't want to enhance any Tusken decks out there, probly there'll be some power boosting characters and the cumulative power would be like some of the old light side CZ3 decks, with power 10+ rebel guards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.