main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tips & Tricks Tattoo cover ups

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Achilles_of_Edmonton, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    In the next year I plan to do two costumes that will show my bare shoulders but I have a rebel insignia tattoo on the left one that would be inappropriate for either one.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it temporarily invisible?

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    There are make ups designed for those with blemishes and disfigurements that should do the job. You will need someone else to apply it to make sure it is covered.

3. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I am fortunate in that I picked a tattoo that I think would work with any costume, if it showed.

It represents duality, being a Celtic version of the Yin/Yang symbol: good vs evil, light vs dark, Jedi vs Sith ;) :

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Girl%20Jedi/ea3e4286.jpg]

4. Darth_Feral

Darth_Feral Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2005
    Yeah makeup would work good, but to have an easier time at it you could first paint on your skin with liquid latex then apply the makeup

5. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    Check with a local theaterical supply store/costume rental store. I am fairly sure that Ben Nye make-up has a tattoo cover make-up. These are specially formulated to cover the types of color in a tattoo.

The latex cover method can have problems, such as if you are allergic to latex. Plus some make-ups don't adhere to the latex (there are special make-ups to cover latex). And if you sweat alot, the latex will pop off.

Also check the web for make-up companies to see who does have this type of make-up.

6. degamad

degamad Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    I would think makeup would work good, as long as it did not mess up your costume if some rubbed off on it.

my arms are covered in tattoo's so all my costumes are long sleave, it would take to much make up to cover :)

7. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Not much help but there are makeups that can cover up the tattoo completely.

Some time ago, I was watching a show on Cable and it featured this woman who get her whole body and face tattooed as the "cure" for her blemishes/acne problems. One moment she looked normal with the usual Caucasian skin, the next she was shown with every inche of her skin covered with her tattoo.

8. Jo-Nich

Jo-Nich Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2005
    Try liquid latex. Can be found at Halloween makeup stores.

9. DERTHH_MAWLZ

DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2005
    Why not just do a temp tattoo over it of the international "no' symbol of a circle with a line thru it... no rebs!

10. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    "Dermablend" makeup covers up tattoos excellently.
    http://www.dermablend.com/productDetails.aspx?prodID=17

I used this a lot in my modelling days (a looooong time ago). I still keep some handy in case I need to cover one of my tats up. Goes on smooth and you don't have to cake it on, either.

11. Jo-Nich

Jo-Nich Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2005
    Oooh...or be a rebel that has TURNED to the dark side. And uses the rebel tattoo to "trick" the rebels. :D

12. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Any drug store or chemist should have "coverstick". It's good for hiding bruises (including hickies), birthmarks, tatoos, pimples, and other blemishes. It does wash off & eventually wear off, depending on how you treat it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.