main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW is a very poor telling of a star wars story.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthVendictivis, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthVendictivis

DarthVendictivis Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2013
    I am a HUGE star wars fan/nerd. I've read nearly every paperback book, and of coarse know the movies line for line. Recently I have been trying to watch TCW animated series thinking maybe it has some value......It does not! This show couldn't be worse except if they had more jar jar binks. The jedi seem very under powered, they do not call on the force effectively if at all at times. they are bested by battledroids on a constant basis, and sometimes just down right suck. EX: a jedi gets knocked over an edge and a MASTER jedi catches her (by the hand)and strains very hard almost dropping the other jedi??? what MASTER jedi wouldn't just use the force to calmly to pull her back up? This is just an example i can give of the very poorly written jedi. another example of the badness of the show are the clone troopers. these guys are supposed to be Jango clones but they are a bunch of babies who get killed for stupid reason and hardly seem to know how to fight. grievous seems like the most powerful thing in the galaxy on this show....hes a droid, no jedi wouldnt be able to beat him easily. creatures of certain planets cause problems as well and Jedi routinely run away from a big monster. In the last book series i read luke and ben skywalker fought 30 rancors, 30 night mothers, and 15 sith. They didnt run once, case and point.

2. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    i agree about TCW

in before lock

(as it will get locked)

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Yes, this'll be locked (or moved) because it belongs over in the TV forums.

But really, rant aside, every "version" of SW varies:- film =/= games =/= micro series =/= TCW =/= EU, etc. Different audiences and different expectations.

4. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Actually the saying is "case in point" not "case and point."

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

'
    It's TCW man. I gave up years ago.

Hank Hill likes this.
  6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It does.

What does Jar Jar has to do with storytelling?

Exactly like in the movies. Are you saying the show is bad because it's similar to the movies, instead of being an exaggerated cartoon?

Maybe we are watching different series. But the Jedi can be overpowered by droids if they are outnumbered. Again, just like in the movies.

Care to clarify what exactly are you talking about?

I see no correlation.

Sorry, I can't reply to such a childish argument (or lack of).

Again, we must not be watching the same series.

He's a cyborg.

What the... Maybe that book is the poorly written one (if it even exists).

7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Disagree, I think it does a much better job of telling the story of Anakin Skywalker the powerful Jedi who tragically fell to the darkside, rather than what we got in the PT

8. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I think it's pretty well done.

9. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

It really sounds like you've not watched a single episode of this show, even if you've barely begun watching it. Besides, there's an entire board where you could have posted this, this is for the prequels.

10. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    It would be a pretty boring show if the Jedi could wipe out their foes easily. That would be bad story-telling. The clones were clones of Fett, but they certainly didn't have his experience, only the same genetic code. If they all had Jango's abilities, they would be too powerful to make effective story-telling. The clones, like the stormtroopers, were cannon fodder, nothing else, as we saw in the PT.

11. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    If the show had Jedi easily defeating their enemies without ever getting into real danger, it would be about as exciting as an episode of "GI Joe". Which is to say, not at all. By and large the Jedi of TCW behave in the same way as they do in the Prequels, and occasionally a little better (they don't run away from Droidekas all the time).

InterestingLurker and Alexrd like this.
  12. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Not making them uberpowerful is a plus, not a minus

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Prepare for the jump to hyperspace.

SithStarSlayer, Valairy Scot and V-2 like this.
  14. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    In the last book series i read luke and ben skywalker fought 30 rancors, 30 night mothers, and 15 sith. They didnt run once, case and point.

Yeah... that's totally plausible. Fighting when it is more prudent to run is not badassery, it is foolishness.

Seerow likes this.
  15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Should have merged it into the TCW general discussion thread imo, really don't need another pessimistic thread.

Embomania, Darthgoodguy, V-2 and 2 others like this.
  16. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Why not? o_O

17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    inb4 Lucas fanboys....oh, wait.

No, it does exist. And no, it isn't poorly written. It's Backlash, by Aaron Allston.

Does it make you feel better to dissect his entire post in a condescending tone?

Coric and Mia Mesharad like this.
  18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  19. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Different opinion =/= trolling.

20. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I really like the show and that doesn't make me a Lucas fanboy. The first half of Attack of the Clones, Jar-Jar, "Yippee!!!!!!"...

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
  22. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Uhhh yeah, one of the reasons I gave up on the EU long ago; no tension no drama, just fanboy wankery. I don't recall ever seeing Luke or any Jedi fighting 30 Rancors, but I DO RECALL SEEING LUKE RUN FROM 1 RANCOR in ROTJ.... Heck, even given the "Luke's not a full Jedi yet in ROTJ" argument it falls on its face when, in AOTC, Obi-Wan (full Jedi) and Anakin spend a great deal of time running from critters in the Geonosis arena. Thank God, the writers of TCW haven't gone this ridiculous route.

Yancy

23. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Don't worry, I'm sure someone will come along and derail it, necessitating its locking.

As for the topic at hand, I think this show was superfluous from the beginning because the time period of 22BBY-19BBY was already crammed full before 2008. That, combined with the increased focus on Anakin, OW and Ahsoka at the cost of the rest of the ensemble, the mediocre writing, dumb resurrections and the stupid inconsistencies makes me dislike the way the show goes about its business. That being said, I do sometimes become genuinely impressed with what it puts out.

Mr. Atom Bomb and Apophis_ like this.
  24. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I don't see why you could not simply merge this thread into the pessimistic thread.

25. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Mind you, they have the support of over 200 Nightsisters.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_on_Bright_Sun_Hill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.