main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Tell us about yourself, Episode II

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Jason, where do you live in Indiana Co? I'm just curious because I grew up there, and went to IUP as well. I have a brother who still lives there - he's a Star Wars freak too, but he doesn't post on these boards.

2. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Hey J.J.
    I'm right across the way in Kittanning,how close are you to me?

3. Matty_Ladd

Matty_Ladd Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    Hi all. I was born and raised in Mt Lebanon. Saw ANH in the theaters when I was 5 and been looking to the stars ever since. I left the 'Burgh for 10 years on some "damned-fool idealistic crusade" to the Air Force. Graduated from the Academy in CO and spent my career at Los Angeles AFB. Never made it in space, but came close. I'm back in Pittsburgh now, working as an information security consultant (I'm a white hat, "Trust me") and peeing my pants waiting for AOTC!!!

4. DBJedi

DBJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    My name is Brett and I live in West Mifflin. I just recently found out about the Steel City Jedi Knights. I work at Dave and Buster's hence the DBJedi moniker. I used to be a bartender at Loew's Waterfront and still know th GM there. I work with his wife and my girlfriend buy all of her Mary Kay off of her. Believe me, this is the place to see AOTC. They tried to have it open Ep I but fell behind. Don't ask for their "Revenge of the Jedi" poster, I already tried and it is sealed in its case. I take pride in my love of the universe GL created 25 years ago, but only recently have I started to pay attention to the EU novels. I just finished HTTE and would like some thoughts on the Thrawn trilogy from some of you. So if ever in the neighborhood stop in to my cantina and say "hi"

5. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Hello Brett. When did you work at Loews? I was there during the summer of 2000. Please go to the "Which theater should the Steel City Jedi Knights see Episode II at" thread as I have posted some questions for you.

6. bom_bad_boy

bom_bad_boy Jedi Master

Aug 30, 2001
    Hello everyone. Im David. Im a SW fan
    from waaaay back. I was the perfect age
    of sixteen when I saw ANH in theaters back
    in 1977. That makes me...(whips out slide
    rule...)... um... FORTY (!). I might
    easily be the oldest member here. LOL

Being an 'old fossil' however hasnt kept me home in the evenings...
    I was out for midnight madness last 4/23,
    and I met a lot of great friends out at
    the Greensburg WALMART.

Im looking forward to making the trip out to
    C2 with my 19-yr old son, Andrew. I hope to
    meet lots of you there and at other Pgh
    meetings.

SW was an obsession with me for many many years. I think I saw ANH about 25 times
    back in 1977. (Its a good thing I had a paper
    route. :) ) When the typical rugrats, mortgage, credit-card, and other family
    dilemas got heavier, my SW fanatacism faded.

(hangs head... deep shame...)

but then...

If you'll allow me to wax nostalgic for a sec,
    let me tell you that my family went thru a
    major crisis in 1995. My son became
    very seriously ill.

You know how it is, when you hear people who
    are in need of escape find some common thing
    to do together to help turn their minds from
    their despair... well thats what STAR WARS
    became for my son and I ! He and I started
    playing and collecting SWCCG cards. This was
    good because it gave us this whole 'nuther
    world to focus on besides our own. And then
    over the years, we got more obsessed with the
    SE films, and then the toys, and then StarWars
    EVERYTHING ! He's now 19, and Im 40, and we
    still laugh and have lightsaber duels. :)

And to a large part, it was STAR WARS that helped 'bring order to our universe'. Well,
    at least it helped us get through some major
    tough and scary times. (we think back on
    them as our jedi trials... lol)

anyway... I have tons of other stories to
    tell.. 25 years of being a starwars weenie
    does that to a guy.

Dave Brown

(Indianapolis... here I come !)

((no#1 Indy fantasy scenario...
    possibly kissing Carrie's hand !))

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Welcome to the forum, greenie isn't the oldbie around these parts anymore. ;) If you're going to the Comicon this weekend hook up with us at Fridays at 1PM. That's where were meeting.

8. Darth_Colt_45

Darth_Colt_45 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    Hello everyone, My name is ray and I from Coraopolis (by the airport). Like everyone else, I have been a star wars fan since the first time I seen ANH. I am 28 and enjoy being the guru of my circle of friend when it comes to star wars. we sit at the bar and they try to stump me with questions that they do not even know the answers to. My girlfriend doesn't understand my obsession with Star Wars. we are actually moving to a bigger apartment so that i may display my star wars stuff in my own room. I am an avid fan, and will admit that i don't know everything, but I am rounding up my friends and waiting for tickets to go on sale fot AOTC. And everytime I see Lando, i want to drink Malt Liquor....

9. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    I live right outside of Indiana. Brush Valley to be exact - near Yellow Creek. My mom works in Pittsburgh and IUP is of course right there hehe.

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Hi guys. Darth_Colt_45 I just moved from McKees Rocks to Beaver. I was just up the road alittle from you. Do you know any Vattimo's by chance?

11. Darth_Colt_45

Darth_Colt_45 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    no, i knew a few people from the rox, Long, Sousa, Beavis, shantz....

12. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hey, between bom bad boy and Jedi 1966, I'm almost one of the youngsters! [face_devil]

13. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    (he he he) Hey wait just a minuet....I'm not that old (ha ha )

14. Matty_Ladd

Matty_Ladd Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    I quote Indiana Jones, "It ain't the years. It's the mileage."

15. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    And I'm still the youngest!

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Upward, so that others might see, learn and share :D

17. Jeffysan

Jeffysan Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Is this like AA for SW fans?? Anyway, My name is Jeff. I am originally from Elizabeth but recently moved to Canonsburg. Just turned 29. I grew up with Star Wars. I saw Episode 4 on the hood of my dad's car at the drive-in when I was 4.
    I am happy to see so many devoted fans in the area and hope to see some of you at the Washington Crown Cinemas on Weds. night.

18. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    AA for SW fans -- hee hee

Hi. My name is Greencat and I'm a Star Wars addict.

:D

How to tell if you are a SW addict . . . Have you ever missed work because of SW?

Do you watch SW when you are all by yourself?

Do you get defensive and angry when people confuse SW and Star Trek. (As in, 'You're one of those Trekkies?')

Do you know the lyrics in both Ewok and Basic to the Ewok celebration song from Jedi?

What are some other 'signs' of a SW addict?

19. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    When on one wall you have all your Episode 1 figures hanging in their proper Collection groups, another wall has a large poster of Yoda with all his little 'saying' around him, and another wall has a collage of Star Wars cut outs of persons, places and things from the Star Wars Insider you get every two months. LIKE ME! :D

20. DBJedi

DBJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    Hmmm... Let's see here...

I planned one week of my vacation from work around Ep 1.

I get violent when I'm confused with a Star Trek fan.

I have unlearned what I have learned.

And I make "alone time" for SW viewings AND readings.

Do I have a problem if I make the misses dress as Slave Leia?

21. Jeffysan

Jeffysan Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Geez, I feel responsible for this in some strange way. And I did'nt even explain what makes me a Star Wars Addict. Lets see....

I Still have all of my old toys. All of them played with to the point of fragility.

I AM skipping work on Thursday for Episode II eventhough I am going to a midnight show on weds.

I have Episode 4, 5, and 6 on Beta, VHS, and laserdisc.

And, finally, I just got my 25th anniversary tattoo to show my life-long devotion, and addiction, to everything Star Wars!!!

thank you for your support......(sobbing slightly)....(sipping at his weak coffee in the back row)....

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    "Do I have a problem if I make the misses dress as Slave Leia?"

not at all

23. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    My version would be:
    When you have to "rotate stock"of ALL of the collectibles you've accumulated--in the spare room in your house that you call your "hobby room"--because at least 1/2 or more is in storage because you just DON'T have room for all of it at the same time,because you "miss seeing" all the other stuff you have.OR,when you are you at 12:30 a.m. (on no particular day & with no particular event forthcomming)intent on finishing the costume you started in the morning,or even building you 6th lightsaber prop hiltinstead of mowing the grass for the 12th day in a row.
    hoohooheeheehaahaa

24. bfnate

bfnate Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2002
    WEll my name is nathan i am 15 ill be 16 soon WHOOHOOO!! well ok im in highschool Witch sucks! im from beaver falls witch is pretty cool i love star wars im a MALE i think i have not taken a shower in a while but ill check soon. im read some star wars books( id rather go in the woods with a stick and wack trees pretending they were the droid army!)right now im reading the new jedi order : edge of victory I conquest it is getting good!i love anakin solo(no u pervs not like that im an guy!) ok nuff about me

25. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hey, y'all. My name is Whitney Robinson, I'm 17 (nearly 18!) And I'm a Star-wars-aholic.
    I was literally raised on the stuff by my older brother. From the tender age of three or four, my brother decided it would be a good idea to bash your little sister over the head with a plastic luke skywalker lightsaber. Little did he know, it would be the impetus to my addictive state.
    I'm originally not from around here, I used to live in York (center of the state, where Harleys are made? Anyone?) then moved out to Pittsburgh a year ago. My friends and I in York used to have our own star wars parties. Even made our own SW drinking game (with soda! come on, we're minors!) Thanks to going to the premiere last night I found out about this site. :)
    I've read pretty much all the books, have about a whole bookcase full of them. Mara Jade & Corran (YAY!) are my favorites, Jania Solo being another fave. (I tried to dress like her last night, but since I'm a blonde, it's kinda hard.)
    Well, that's pretty much all about me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.