main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Temple FanForce

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Amidala Starkiller, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Hey I'm sure that Temple has enough members to start it's very own FanForce chapter.

I go to school in Belton and I would be happy to help Temple get one stated.

And Texas would have more chapters then any other state [face_mischief]

2. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    HA HA! FINALLY WE'LL BE ABLE TO FREE AGAIN! [face_mischief] :p

3. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    Wow...I just realized that we can topple the whole MidSouth with TEXAS chapters

Hehehe

We need a Temple one

4. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Who all lives in Temple besides me???

5. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    britt1 I'm making up flyers for Waco this week. I'll go ahead and make up one for Temple, in case you want to pass it around.

I thought Temple's needed one for a long time and I'll help out as much as I can

6. leiasolo

leiasolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I'm in Belton, so Temple would be much closer for me than Waco or Killeen!

7. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    That's two, don't you need at least three to get started? Amy, any fans at your school? BTW McAllisters in Temple would be a good meeting place for a small group! How about the Jedi-Temple for a name???? :) and I have a Yoda like Debby. Haven't learned how to use it yet.

8. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    I like the "Jedi Temple" name, it's really cute. There is a guy that I met at Bankston's awhile back...I haven't seen him log on lately but here is his user info...iktarr_Fett

Contact Nabooty when he get's back. If you want I can do a banner for you :)

Don't worry...your numbers will grow

9. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    A banner would be great.
    Temple is such a funny town for clubs. I remember when they tried to start a Star Trek club here years ago and it just didn't catch on. Maybe Star Wars will work better!

10. leiasolo

leiasolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Most of my coworkers are more into Tolkien than Star Wars. Elizabeth, do you know any students who might be interested? There were some other UMHB students at the midnight opening line with us, but I can't remember who all it was!

11. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Yes! More Texas FanForce chapters, everything is proceeding as I have foreseen! [face_devil]

Keep me in the loop regarding plans for this Jedi Temple ;)

Brian

12. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    I have one friend from work and his son who might be interested. I have other friends that like Star Wars but not enough to join a club plus they have other obligations.

13. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Amy, I recognize people at the line up but I didn't know any names. Next week, we'll get some flyers out around UMHB and a couple of comic and book stores around town.

14. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    I was trying to think of something good for the logo. What about the red rebel bird with a lightsaber on it???? I am not very good with graphics so I don't know how to make it. Any other ideas?????

15. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    Elizabeth,
    The only comic book store I can think of is Kopriva's Collectibles off of 31st in Temple. Don't think Belton has any offhand. There is a Waldenbook in Temple Mall, not sure if they will post flyers. Do you know anyone who attends Temple College? That would be a good place.
    Jim

16. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    How about the Book Celler downtown

17. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    You know, I am not sure if it is still open??? Haven't been over there in ages! They have been renovating downtown (it's a big mess)so some places have just closed. It may have been one of them. There is a new game room just up Central call Dmerz' Domain. I haven't been in there but have seen there ads in the paper. Not sure if they have the Star Wars games but could be a good place to try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.