main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Terra Nova] That Spielberg TV show with people Time-Travelling back to the Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    It would have been a neat development if the meteor fried all technology and both Terra Nova and the sixers were back to sticks and fire until the next pilgrimage. But alas, episodic shows...

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    This episode was decent enough that I'll keep watching but damn I get flashbacks to the X-files when I watch this. Every episode feels like they are following the monster of the week formula. I'd like to see more advancement of the main storyline and more Dino's.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The last few episodes have been really good. I especially like the subplot with Skye and her mother. Taylor and Mira teaming up was good too.

Taylor's son seems really delusional. I'm half-expecting the people back in 2149 to just "dispose" of him, now that he's fulfilled the mission they gave him.

The preview for next week's 2-hour finale looks really good. T-Rex loose in Hope Plaza!

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Season finale tonight!

5. alt0233

alt0233 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    I totally didn't realize it was tonight. I've been enjoying it, even though I recognize that there are things about it that are pretty bad. It's more fun than bad, though.

6. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
  7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    So unexpected!

8. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Not unexpected but I'm still disappointed, I enjoyed it and had hopes that the ending would provide enough of a hook for season 2 at least.

I hope another broadcaster is prepared to take a punt on this as it has potential.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Booooooooooooooooooooo(urns)!

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I guess you could say this show is...
    [image=http://www.thetoque.com/images/stories/david_caruso_sunglasses.jpg]
    ...extinct.

11. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008

12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    You win.

13. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/netflix-expresses-interest-picking-up-297585

Perhaps we spoke too soon!

14. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Good god, that's the FOURTH tv show that I've gotten into the past few years to get cancelled after the first season.

The other three being The Event, Caprica, and Moonlight.

I really hope someone else picks up the show, it was showing a lot of potential at the end of the season.

15. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Oh, joy! My 3 favorite shows that got cancelled after one season were: Firefly, no second season, Jericho, got second season due to fan uproar and Moonlight, about a vampire living in the 21st century. The actor who played the vampire is now on Hawaii 5-0, Alex O'Laughlin, I think is his last name. The network figured out that more people liked the actor himself, than the show, so they put him in Hawaii 5-0.

Please note only one show got a second season. I hope Terra Nova gets a second season.

I had two other shows that I liked get cancelled, too. Neither one is back yet.

But, if a lot of people complain, Terra Nova might get a second season, so keep complaining!!

16. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Sad...live-action sci-fi doesn't stand much of a chance these days.

Makes me wonder how Star Wars: Underworld will fare.

17. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    This is why I tend to skip season one. :)

18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    If this keeps the chance of another season of Fringe alive, I will gladly sacrifice all of Fox's current slate except for New Girl and Raising Hope. And those two are negotiable if it means a full season or more than one season [face_whistling]

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Its Star Wars. It'll most likely very do well, as it'll basically be a 45 min Star Wars movie every week.

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But will they have the money and time to do good-enough special effects for each episode? That's the question. That's one of the biggest things that kept Terra Nova back. At least with Star Wars, Lucas has money he could dip into to fund an expensive show, but if it doesn't make a profit I doubt it will survive more than one season.

I do hope Terra Nova goes into a second season. It had its flaws, but it was fun, and better than the countless reality/court/medical TV shows.

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    This. Buffy, ST: DS9, and ST: Voyager were the only series I watched first - run from beginning to end (DS9 back when TV execs hadn't quite managed to truly break my heart by canceling shows I love so early, and Voyager on the thought that it was Trek and wouldn't get cancelled after one season. Buffy was a combo of a whim and I liked the original movie. Looking back the movie doesn't hold up nearly as well as the show) The rest I've always held off on given the networks track records. Even then Season Twos aren't guarantees. *sends daggers at FOX for Dollhouse's demise*

22. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  24. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    WHAT YEAR IS IT?

25. Ghost