main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TERRORISM. Europe's point of view...

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by VaGG, Sep 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaGG

VaGG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    I am still socked by yesterday's events. I wouldn't want to go to my office today... I still have yesterday's pictures "burnt" in my head.

The idea of thousands of people dying is absolutely horrible. It 's almost like counting casualties of war!!! Don't be mistaken people! There have been wars with less casualties!

I am trying to keep myself up to date with the latest news flashes regarding the "event"... I 've heard that European ministers of defence are contacting one another as to what course of action they would follow... A lot of military and police are added to American Embassies' securities... Military bases are in readiness (esp. air forces)... Economy goes to hell minute by minute (dollar is dropping - oil price is rising - Stock Markets are going down the tubes...) OF COURSE all of these are meaningless compared to the massacre... LOSS of life can never be compensated! My deepest, deepest condolences to the victims' families

It is a tragedy!

2. PROTAGONISTIS

PROTAGONISTIS Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    I fully agree with everything you stated.

1)My question is what will the repercussions be to the world?
    2)Is this the beginning of a terrorist war against the US and its allies or just a one off incident?
    3) Who has the ability to mount such a logistically perfect plan?
    4) How quick will the CIA, NSA or the FBI find the terrorist group and put them to justice?

Some questions for us to elaborate on.

3. VaGG

VaGG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    1) Everything almosts falls apart... This is not an overstatement. Economy becomes unstable... even for strong (financially) countries, great global events (e.g. sports events) get canceled, fear is ovecoming people all over the world (If "they" pulled through an attack as large-scale as this one then nobody is safe!)...

2) I wouldn't call it a begining... I think it's more of a climax -- a peak... It is with no doubt the biggest terrorist act ever! Let's hope it stops there (undoubtedly).

3) It has been announced that only Osama Bin Landen (sp?) has the mussle, money and fire power to deliver such an attack... He is denying having anything to do with it but he admits that it is a happy day for him (!!!!!)

4) UKNOWN!

4. Theo_G

Theo_G Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2001
    I would definitly like to see some more European opinions on the subject.

What do you think the U.S. and it's allies should do? Make an attack in the near future? Or wait for how ever long it takes to find the truth(if that's really possible).

So far, the largest countries in Europe say that they support the U.S. in bringing those to justice. But what is the feeling that you the regular citizen have to say?

EDIT This is a better update:
    Bostons Logan Airport is a crime scene. They apparently found a rental car in the garage with pilot instructions in Arabic. They are saying that there are 5 Arab suspects in the two hijackings from Boston and they boarded the plane with knifes and not guns. Apparently these guys had some kind of argument with another traveler over a parking spot. The other traveler didn't think anything of it and went about his business. When he landed and heard the news, he immediately called the proper authorities.

Honestly though, when this first happened, I though it was a domestic terrorist group.

5. Yar_Kaii

Yar_Kaii Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    this horrbile attack really shock me, too.

german media reported this day, that flats of some people who are said to be probably in some kind of responsiblity. german police-staff broke into the flats in Hamburg and took evidences. the flat-owners are said to be arabs. they were students in the university.
    in a press-conference a police chief said, that 2 of the arabs maybe died in the planes, 1 is arrested and a 4th one is still on the run. german special forces, police and BKA hunt for this individuum.

there is no clear statement in which kind these 4 persons were involved in the attacks. According to the media, 2 of them were passangers of the flights.

this is just a update.

i still cant find words, what happend on this 11th of september. this day will change everything...

6. PROTAGONISTIS

PROTAGONISTIS Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    After consulting with a good friend of mine ex- Captain of the anti terrorist unit of the US Marines.
    He informed me that after talking with friends of his in the Pentagon "The Geography of Afganistan will be altered".

I may be a pessimist but I believe this is the beginning!!!!!!!

Nostradamus

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
    Two Brothers torn apart by Chaos,
    while the fortress endures,
    The third big war will begin when the big city is burning.

In the year of the new century and nine months.
    From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
    The sky will burn at forty-five degress.
    Fire approaches the gret new city...."

2001 is the first year of the new century and this is the 9th month.
    New York is located at the 45th degree Latitude.

Think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Wolfshead

Wolfshead Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2001
    I've felt very angry after the shock. The fact that Nato is executing article 5 is good, although it seems more like political than military support to U.S. I hope European Union would do something like that as well. Free, democratic world can't stand back now, if we do that now, terrorists have won.

It looks like Osama bin Laden is behind all this, what I've heard from CNN. But then again co-operating terrorists seem to spread all over the world, which makes all kind of counter-strike quite hard. How to fight against enemy, who hides behind civilians? Still, it makes a difference if bin Laden is taken out, after all, he's a major sponsor for terrorists. Terrorists maybe ready to die for their cause, but are their leaders ready to do that as well?

I've never understood how anyone can hate someone else, just cause they have different religion, skin color, values of life etc. Hate so much, that is willing to blow himself up in the crowd or to do something like that.

Good news is, that they've found five firemen last night and ten policemen alive today, from the ruins of the WTC.

8. Preacher_Jesse

Preacher_Jesse Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2001
    Come on !!
    Don't try to threaten us with Nostradamus, it's as ******** as Necronomicon!!!

9. Theo_G

Aug 15, 2001
    Sorry, but what/who is Necronomicon?

10. VaGG

VaGG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    Noone is trying to threaten you PJ... And Theo_G 's right... who is Necro... whatever?!
    We are just having a simple conversation here and everyone 's invited to share his opinion on the brutal terrorist attack that costed thousands of innocent lives!

Anyway...

You have a point there Yar_Kaii... it will never be the same from now on, no matter how you look at it... It 's what I said a little earlier -- noone can be certain of the future -- and yes, I am afraid of things to come!

PROTAGONISTIS, let's hope that what you friend told you was not entirely true, because at this point no country can afford a war...

I don't know people, I just don't know...

11. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    that nostradamus thing is a HOAX don't believe it.

12. Theo_G

Aug 15, 2001
    I personally don't beleive that Nostradamus stuff anyways.

I also just want people to know that how patriotism is at it's best right now. The people that did this have no idea of they have done. As a country united, is there anyone stronger or more determined?

13. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    About the Necronomicon or Qitab al-Azif (if I remember well), it is a treaty first written in Arab and then translated in ancient Greek and Latin under the title of Necronomicon, which is a sort of unholy bible, including a great many rituals.

14. Theo_G

Aug 15, 2001
    Oh, ok, I guess that explains it.

15. VaGG

VaGG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    thx for that info LordBan...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.