main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Tff Scrapbook Issue

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Dec 25, 2006.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey all for those that dont know I volunteered to keep a TFF scrapbook after the Katrina event. Well needless to say the club took off an dwe have had a ton of events and a ton of pics. Here is my problem: There is no way I can afford to print out or have Photobucket send my physical copies of all the pics needed to complete the scrapbook by event. SO far referring people to the websight has been very successful, but having a physical archive of some kins helped us get the hospitals and intot he Not 2B Toyed With premier when Steve came tot he meeting and looked at it.

So, I need some thoughts. Shold I make it with one page events where I only have the best pics from every event? Or would everyone mind volunteering to buy some pics from photobucket and have them sent? I am also not opposed to lending the book to someone to complete a page at their own cost.

Looking bakc at the number of eevents, cost of ink and paper, and cost of having photbucket send the pics, I would have shelled out hundreds.

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I do not see the need of having EVERY picture included in the photo album.

This might be a case where we would need TWO photo albums.
    One to use as a promotional tool (such as Dustin is describing), and the second one to house all of the photos. The first one should only have around three to six photos per event with a short paragraph detailing the event, ballpark figures on attendence, and the fact that we kicked the Harry Potter kids' butts two years in a row.
    Also, the COST of all this should be shared by ALL the members.

3. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I agree that we only need a few good photos from each event. Enough for us to remember the event fondly.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I can send an invite to you from snapfish.com and you'll get 20 free prints from that. :) Just PM me the email addy.

5. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    To save some ink, I have a request. Can anyone who has the ability and is attending the next neeting print up two of their favorite pictures from the photobucket site and bring them? Ill get them into the scrapbook, and it will save me some money, ink, and time.

6. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    What size pictures R U looking for? I have a picture printer (like the one your mom used at Katrina). I'm almost out of ink (I have TONS of picture paper) but ink is somewhat cheap at costco.

7. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    normal size 4x4 etc would be preferable, I am fitting them onto a 12x12 sheet of paaper, but cropped and decorated

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    K, send me what U want printed (digital) and I can start.

9. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I don't know as I will have any ink left, but I will try my best to do this before the next meeting as well.

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005

Heck, I might print up three or four...

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Lets do this.

Everyone pick one event, and print out, or get, your favorite pics from them.

Sound off on which event you pick to avoid dupliction. Here is a list:

MS Walk (April 8)
    PF Chang's run (January 15)
    Christmas Party (Dec 16)
    Tucson Events already completed:
    Make A Wish Tucson
    Howl o ween (three nights)(Oct 27,28,&29)
    Heroes and Villians anniversary party Dustin attended (Oct 28)
    TMC (Oct 31)
    Toy Drive (Oct 14)
    "Not To B Toyed With" fan film (Oct 7)
    Battlefront II (July 23)
    Toy Boxx Teen Challenge (June 24)
    Jada's daughter B day Party (May 13)
    March of Dimes (April 22)

the events not listed are because I either have enoug pics, there are to few, or I have specific design ideas and which pics to use.

The Howloween Reid Park Zoo event had so many pics, if two people or more want to take it thats cool.

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I'll take Battlefront II

How many pictures do U want?

13. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    How ever many you want to provide. I want to fit them onto one 12 x 12 piece of papaer.