main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE 24-HOUR ALL-WHINING ALL COMPLAINING BOARD!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    *looks up* first my car..now my phone...I dare you to just try one more thing...see if I don't snap...dang Universe always messing with my life.
    Fine!!! Ya know what?! I'll walk. SO it's 90 degrees out, so I have to walk a couple of miles to get into town. FINE!!!

*walks off grumbling and cursing the law that says "anything that CAN go wrong WILL go wrong"*

2. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    *cringes and knocks on wood for Tionne* Don't tempt the universe, it always has tons of "worse" to throw at you, like accounting errors (oh that was a deposit, sorry we recorded it as a DEBT), housing problems, neighbors, etc. etc.

3. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Well, luckily this week is shaping up to be better than last. Phone is working, car is working (knock on wood), and I have a fun SW filled weekend coming up.

4. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Sorry, we won't be able to make Sacto this weekend, I'm getting over the creeping crud, and of course Mrs. got it from me so now she's going through it.

I blame Master K.

No real reason, but it's SOP.

It is probably her fault somehow anyway, probably passed on the plague from her little disease factory at work.

See, it IS her fault.

It all comes back to the Jedi.

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Um...did you know that Harvester Ants are really really fast, and try to escape when you are trying to get their little dead "buddies" out of the AntFarm? :eek:

(Jos is soooo not ever going to let me have one of these things again!)[face_worried]

6. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    [face_laugh] I always left the dead "buddies" in my ant farm. The others would move them around as they saw fit and have little ant funeral pyres and services. Quite touching actually. ;)

My whine for the day/week: It's HOT!

7. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I had an ant farm as a very young child. Some of the ants got out and bit me! And it was more like a sting! YOW! Little red ants. Perhaps they never use nasty little red ants anymore, since harvester ants are at least sting-less.

Anyway...yes! Ant farms can be a pain...literally!

8. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Toooooo hoooooooottt!

I'll be glad when things cool down.

And Summer just started, bleh. "Longest Day of the year" which means from here on out, we're getting shorter, sliding towards Winter already.

I like long days, but not when they are this hot, reminds me of Phoenix when I could cook eggs on my car hood. Or the concrete. Or anything.

But then that also reminds me of watching Empire for the first time, and that was a good time too.

Still, I like it cooler, and sure like where we live now, but I'm not looking forward to that first utility bill with the A/C running...

*cringe*

And although it looks cool, Master K, it's still beyond me why anyone in their right mind would bring ants into a house, I've spent years trying to get them OUT, not to mention the termite problems we've er, tolerated.

9. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Welcome to Anchorhead...now go home.

Power conked out yesterday when the temperature was 104 degrees. Stayed out for several hours, and we couldn't get the heat out of the house again until about 1 AM. By then, the outside temp was considerably lower than the inside, and we turned on the huge, noisy, freaking powerful attic fan.

It pulled so much air that doors we forgot to brace slammed shut all over the house, traumatizing the cat, and created a pull-pieces-of-paper-across-the-floor wind that sucked cool air through all the windows and right up through the attic and out the roof. Thank goodness.

It's due to be even hotter here, today. Can't imagine how much worse it might be down in your neck of Tatooine, Master K & Siri.

- Kai, cursing these multi-layer robes

10. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Without A/C they (and we'd) be royally bent over the chrome. Thankfully power is a lot more stable where we are now, no more forest to take out power lines. But there are still plenty of whacky drivers who just seem to aim for power poles in their drunken stooooopir.

Hopefully, they will keep to the roads this coming holiday weekend and not decide to drive the sidewalks in droves.

Livermore is a furnace as well now too, don't envy you at all.

I lived in Phoenix years ago in an apartment complex and the A/C went out there one hot summer night. It turned into a big party, sort of, everyone left all the doors and windows open, and since no one wanted to get robbed, many slept in the doorways, so we chatted all night along with the neighbors between dipping into the pool and taking cold showers.

I know it's cliche, but at least it's a dry heat. Been in the other as well, it's worse IMHO.

11. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    It's supposed to hit 108 in Sac this weekend. I think I shuold try to stay inside and costume as much as possible. ;)
    Lying on the tile floor in the kitchen doesn't sound too bad either. I just feel bad for my poor black kitten. All that fur and she won't let me put her in the fridge...wonder why.

12. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Use tuna. And don't close the door.

13. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    hehehehe...I might actually try that...maybe she'll let me give her a bath [face_laugh]

14. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Wear armor, and have lots of neosporin nearby.

15. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *sniffles* blech..after doing a thorough cleaning of the owl aviaries on Friday, my roomy and I both have really dry throats and clogged noses....I really really really hope I'm not getting sick. I can't get sick before Comic Con!!!! :_|

16. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    At least you still have 2 weeks to get well.

17. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Owl aviaries?

This sounds like a story...

18. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    The washing machine from hell decided to upchuck water all over the laundry room floor AGAIN..(which immediately went into and was soaked up by the drywall that we are still trying to get repaired from when it last decided to spew water... To top it off, Jos put her new mattress cover into the dryer (which had also been acting up a bit) and put it on air dry..then when I opened it up after the little bell went "ding" Suprise.. a melted rockhard ultra modern sculpture!!!! Quick phone call (never heard her quite so livid) to the appliance store..and now, bye bye nasty washing machine/dryers from hell..and hello new (completely different manufacture) washer and dryer...Gods, some days it doesn't pay to gnaw through the leather restraints....

(But there is good stuff too.. see other thread)

19. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Is it so wrong of me that the image of the "modern sculpture" caused me to bust out laughing?

Sorry you had evil appliances. I am glad they are banished back to the circle of hell from whence they came.

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Nope, not bad at all for laughing (I think that MY laughing is what really got Jos so livid!!!) But yup, evil appliances are banshied back to the circle of hell...*waves bye-bye to them from edge of circle!*

21. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    The Undead Monkey will NOT shut up and "wakes up and goes off" randomly...

*looks for flintlock to shoot it*

My crew is threatening mutiny and "why did I ever let you get that thing?*

22. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Master K really should be forbidden to buy any more animatronic creatures...first Yoda, now the monkey...

23. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    It's always the droids, washing machines, electronic Yoda, monkeys (non flying?), etc.

It's bad droid karma, I tell you, must have abused a typewriter or maybe a telegraph operator in an earlier life or something.

*yells at Edison* Answer the phone yerself, fool, I'm going to take mah horse for a ride.

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Probably gonna be a long whine tonight...

First off, Mom and Dad's house has sold, which means that we are currently going and sorting through 52 years of memories and stuff. We have a little over a week to get it cleared out and at times extremely overwhelming. I miss both Mom and Dad terribly and still can't belive that they are physically gone. So, last couple of days have just been an emotional rollercoaster.... One of Mom's last wishes was to see me in the Captain Jack Sparrow outfit. She even asked me just a few hours before she went into the coma..."You are going to do Jack aren't you? I think you would make a great Jack and I better be the first one to see it." Then she laughed (Mom had a HUGE crush on Johnny Depp lol and was so happy when I told her that, yeah, I was going to do him. She always told me how proud she was of me portraying Han, Indy, Kenobi and was excited about Jack. And how proud she was of Jos for Leia, Marion, Siri and was hoping she would be doing one of the characters from PotC as well. She was one of our biggest supporters in our costuming. As was Dad. I think one of the main reasons for the push to get him done was to fulfill that promise to her. I still think she had something to do with the win. :) But I wish I could have had her see "him" in person. *sigh*)

Second, well due to the wonderful "mold issue" with the malfunctioning washer hose..they are starting demolition on our kitchen and washroom tomorrow. Which means that while we are getting basically an entire new kitchen (see good things that are happening thread), we will be without oven/stove until around December..that's right DECEMBER!!! (to quote Sparrow..."Bugger! Bugger! Bugger! Bugger! Bugger! Bugger! Bugger! Bugger!!!!!!" *note to be said as fast as one can* ) Our oven is currently sitting where our dining room table should be and our washer and dryer are sitting in the living room for at LEAST one month while they repair that wall as well...

Just to all of you, thanks for the shoulder and just being there.

Hugs to all

25. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *offers shoulder and a hug*
    I think you are gonna need a firepit in the backyard for a while. I can see Master K and Siri sitting with a pot of soup over a fire, glaring at the oven in the living room.

Guess we'll just have to go out to eat when I come visit!. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.