main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 24- Hour Cool Thing/Stuff That Happened Today Thread....

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    *Picks jaw up off of floor!* AS you said..Wow..just Wow! Ok, *looks around, pulls hood up around face to make sure that nobody is looking and.....*

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*PULLS hood off, looks around innocently, "Wow, somebody was so impressed that they 'squee'd"[face_whistling]

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Who could that've been? Surely not that dignified Jedi Master...

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Oh no, not me. Never! Must have been...*looks around*..HIM! ---> points to Captain Jack.

"Huh? Did I do something?* Looks down at palm of hand, confused as aways! :D

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Hahahahahahhaha! My Master Squee'd! NARF!

*gets distracted and is mesmerized by own image in lightsaber hilt* Troooz!

5. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    ROFLMFJAO [face_laugh]

Had a new sub today..and the guy looked EXACTLY like Jeeve's (Jeeb's sp) from Men In Black. I mean, the same features, oversized ears, the one "glass" eye that rolled around. EXACTLY, I thought someone had sent someone in makeup as a joke at first (Thank the Force that I didn't say anything when I realized that that is how the guy really looked) Just a bit older than Jeeves with a "touch" of salt and pepper to his hair. Even had the same speech pattern and vocalizations.

(Course as I was leaving, one of my kids took one look and yelled, "he's and ALIEN!!!!!!" Over and Over...I just closed the door, walked outside and totally lost it!!!

Tried to sneak a pic with my camera phone, but no dice. ]-}

6. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Netflix has just informed me that I will be getting all of Blackadder in my mailbox tomorrow.

"Perhaps you've noticed my brooch of purest green..."

MCP

7. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Is it bad when you realize you have 70 movies in your netflix queue and it doesn't get shorter, no matter how many you watch?

8. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I have a cunning plan.

[image=http://www.bbcprograms.com/pbs/catalog/blackadder/images/XM03_Blackadder.jpg]

Hugh Laurie - Pre-house, comic gold!

9. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    Oh, I know, we also got first season of House from Netflix, so we're Lauried-up for this weekend. His baby blues are virtual panty-removers. Everytime they show a closeup of his gorgeous eyes, one's panties fly off. At least around here, I, uh, can't speak for everyone else.

And Vicodin IS yummy. Let no-one tell you otherwise. Thankfully I have a very understanding dentist who gives me the double-strength stuff.

MCP

10. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Ever see Jeeves & Wooster? Classic Laurie too, and Stephen Fry

11. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    Oh Lordy yes, but there's only so many hours in a weekend. AND we're off to the LA County Fair as well. Must...have...funnel...cake... AND our ongoing battle with one of the producers I work with, which is "find the least sucky thing in the commercial buildings." Last year it was really cool pendants and earrings that held actual images of the moon phase on the day you were born. We bought several. Our team won with that little gem of a find. Their team had gone the weekend before and said that everything was crap. (And he's a NASA freak, so he was properly shamed.) Bwaha. 2nd straight win in a row.

MCP
    Caryn B.

12. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    We built panels yesterday for the large "shed" being constructed in my backyard!
    One more weekend should see this thing finished. I hope....

Also, got a call from another falconer who was out trapping...made me very jealous. [face_mischief]

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Working on teaching the kids to read and spell using patterns..Kids got excited and started yelling out words and names..soon it became a SW lesson...saying the names and characters and using the patterns to figure out how to spell them.

Best of all, one of my kids (with NO prompting..doesn't even know about my costuming) Yelled out "Obi-Wan is the BEST Jedi EVER!!!! HE ROCKS!!! " :D

14. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Ahh..days like that make you glad you woke up that morning. :)

As for me...the "shed" is looking more shed-like.
    Neighbor wasn't too happy about it, but the regulations don't say anything..so NYAH!
    Master K, remind me to tell you about my neighbor's "threat" (not something I want to put on the boards). [face_worried]

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Going to have to call you and find out about that "threat" *draws saber*

As for my good news today...

No Knee Surgery!!!! (of course there are some "conditions" that have to be met...but cleared by the doctor for the challenge!) ;)

16. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Yay for no knee surgery!!!
    Of course he probably made you swear on your saber that you won't ride your horse.

17. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Actually, that was one that I can start up again...IF those other conditions are met! LOL

18. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    Ruffling feathers and displaying sick sense of humor...

Look, I know this North Korea thing is extremely serious, but every time I think about it, all that goes through my head is "I'm so rone-ree" from "Team America: World Police"

"Okay, who brew up Panama Canal...?"

MCP

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    WHERE is Team America now that we need them? LOL

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    A KESTRAL HAWK RIGHT OUTSIDE MY CLASSROOM WINDOW!!!!! Sitting on the fencing, eating a small lizard. THEN got to watch her "kite" literally about 1 1/2 feet from our window at my eye level. Unbelivable!!! And my entire class was just mesmerized by her. She is just checking everyting out and staying right here. Gut feeling is she's checking out the huge Microwave tower that is probably 7 feet from my back window, with the possibility of a future nest. :D

Have we got anything "academic" wise done today..Nope...Have we had one of the best mornings EVER? ABSOLUTELY.

(Hawkie..forgive me for mispellings and such.. but OMG just had to share!!)

21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    YAY!!!!!
    I love raptors (duh) but I love it even more when other people get as excited as I do.
    Kestrels are awesome little falcons that will eat lizards, small birds, small rodents, and even grasshoppers.

http://www.wbu.com/chipperwoods/photos/kestrel.htm

This site has some good images of comparisons between males and females.
    I'm so glad your class got to see one up close and personal. Forget structured lesson plans, the things the kids are going to remember are days like this.

22. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    /\ THANK YOU for the link!![:D]

We have a little boy!! (Actually an immature male) :D

Gods, he is just hanging around, checking things out..and is now just soaring and "talking" as he swoops by. (And I think he is about as curious about the kids in the classroom as they are about him. He just sits right next to the window on the fence and just checks us out! LOL). They just went to their other classes so I'm getting tvo enjoy him all by myself.

They want me to name him...

So,the obvious choice is

.............."Millennium" LOL[face_laugh]

Hope he decides to stick around!!!

23. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Glad I could help!
    Just make sure he doesn't decide to go chasing his own reflection (or that of another bird) in the window. Some places (can't remember names right now) make silhouettes of raptors for windows that cut down on the number of birds hitting windows. It sounds like your little guy is enjoying watching "raptor TV" and should hang out as long as there is food and no other adults are established there. :)

"Millenium" would be a great name!

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    "Millennium" showed back up this morning. Happily sitting on our fence with what looked like a lizard tail hanging outta his beak. (YUM!)

25. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Mmm..lizard...tons of protein and a little crunchy. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.