main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The ABYverse Resource Thread - Now discussing the aftermath of Legacy: War!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 15, 2009.

1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I vote we find and burn every copy, just to be safe!

3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    If they replicate like Xenly a single one that escapes us will be enough! :p

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Then we'll organise a witch-hunt, on top of it, to kill all those who dare hide these issues!

5. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So. It is over. Even less impact on the galaxy as I thought.

Any thoughts on it? Where do we go from here?

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    My exact thoughts; both of them.

There is so going to be something to follow this.

Events were too... well, they simply resolved this particular situation. Not the 'war'.

I'm going to do something involving Legacy at my end, but I don't believe we can actually do a real sequel as that wasn't a real ending. It really didn't feel like it.

7. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I felt it was a let down. Especially with the Sith. Make them loose or make them win. Instead they downsized them. A second grade leader, a second grade position. Another of these random Sith tribes that are actually irrelevant. Sith become something of the pirates of the galaxy. A nuisance you have to take care about, before they grow to many. But if you got anything more important to do . . . really. Nihl is now the Dark Lord. The guy with the long lightsaber hilt? The guy who never got what was going on? Mediocre. just like this lost tribe. Mediocre. Sith are never mediocre. Aaargh. guess it was an obligation by DH, as they clearly wanna do more comcis. Well, nothing else sells so who is surprised?

At least we got a stable position of the GA. Anyway, not a single interesting RPing plot can be taken from that, I think.

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I think there are one or two, but not too many. Chalk is a big one.

9. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    It is indeed strange they decided to have a leftover Sith Empire who is actually deciding to infiltrate the GA with a warlord at it´s head. And red faces. What great starting conditions to infiltrate a government. Hey, our Governor is pretty red is he? Could he be a Sith?

I like the cutting between the two scenes. But the Emperor and Draco were much more engaging.

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    At best we've got some Imperial Knight plots, but its not nearly enough.[/h]

11. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    It is a soldid end they did, although the "keep the Sith alive" thing as really only for future purposes. It makes not really sense, I think. Why aren´t they hunted down? And Nihl the infiltrator? Sorry, but . . . that is ooc.

I would like to see some classical ABYverse, though. I wondered if I do something in that direction. Something small. Maybe about IKs.

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That's all we have left, really.

I've made it open for fans to play characters in Shadow War, but there's a not a great deal of interest.

I was tempted to set up a game at the close of the war, explaining why some of us simply abandoned the GA in its time of need, or only fought when the GA saved us. Could be an interesting political plot if members of the GA post-war look to blame those who started the war, and those who abandoned the GA and Jedi, as the war criminals, without any Sith to blame.

Thoughts?

13. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Hm, well I tried to develop a project to play around here lately and I stumbled over our old ABYverse, obviously. Well, if it is taken serious as a universe spawned by 128 ABY, I think we got the following games.

128 ABY
    Turning Point
    The Collapsing Galaxy
    The Unknown Terrors
    Force War

129 ABY
    Betrayal's Aftermath

133 ABY
    The Dark Odyssey
    Cold Embrace
    The Vulture's Talon

That´s the games. All others appeared to me to be spin-offs of more personal fanon and passion projects. Which is nice, but doesn´t actually help us with creating anything that helps "drafting some sort of Sequel" to ABYverse. Characterwise I think we got few remaining originals unconcluded after 133 ABY, did we? Ratep Sentarin and Hespar Kesslar come to my mind, as does Yu´Dor. Other than that all I can think of are without players or are "complete". 130 ABY certainly had more of a future, when we still had something to play there. But I can´t think of a Jedi character we need to kill off :p So basing this on the idea that we need to play "with someone" from the ABYverse I´d say the logical step is a game centered around a plotline with Hespar Kessler (Ratep always plays into that and Yu´Dor is more of an creepy support, I´d say). Therefore a story around the Imperial Knights. That´s my logical approach to potential stories. 132 ABY - All the Emperor´s Men?

14. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Hm, I see the logic behind that thought. but I must confess, if I look deep, deep into my player heart ABYverse, as well as HONORverse, ended with 133 ABY. I don´t feel a need to play Yu´Dor once more, really. I think she got a bit messed up over the year, until shee had little resemblance with my original idea about her. Hespar? Oh, I think he was fine for me to be out there and serve his Emperor. Everything else was wrapped up in the 129 ABY fanfic Sinre wrote.

So, me playing the LordT part of Advocatis Diabolis . . . asks herself . . . is there a need for playing another ABYverse game? I think it was amazing when it had it´s time, but today we got ToRR or KotoLR who both could very well turn into franchises. The GMs of that time moved on a little . . . even in Shadow Wars (which I understand is meant to be set in ABYverse) I find little of our old games. So, if we got no players who want to play on with their characters, I think we as GMs (funny, I am not one, but anyway) should probably let it go, too.

It´s not even sad. ABYverse gave birth to two of the most epic games I ever played. What more could a franchise ask for to be remembered?

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, Sirak i see your point. that is why i think the time for 130 ABY - The Tragedy of ossus came and went, while we were all doing other stuff. but if we feel like we might enjoy it, why not a last game?

I would be game for Hespar Kessler. Totally. He is one of my chars who deserves a farewell ride.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The issue I have personally is that I have no character to finish off.

Generally, though, apart from Ratep and Hespar, everyone else is finished off as of 133 ABY, or no longer posting on the boards since then.

Yuul has his character, I suppose, and The_Loyal_Imperial has one... but that's really it. Winged has one character, but he abandoned it back in 128 ABY, as did Trimaj his.

So I'd be at a loss where to go from here, to be honest. Shadow War are spin-offs, more than anything, to be sure. But good fun nonetheless.

I feel like we need a send-off, though, somewhere, somehow.

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Same here.

What actually happened to the eldest of the Kae brothers? The IK who rebelled in 128? I always felt the Kae brothers weren´t done, yet.

And I would love to see TSG once more as Krayt. Her interpretation of him was - in the light of Legacy War - closer to him than I ever thought it was poosible. Her first post in that dark caves of Korriban reads like a 100% foreshadowing of the late krayt we saw in the last Legacy issues.

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Aden Kya? Good point - I haven't finished him. He adopted an orphan, during Fool's Gamble, at the beginning of Legacy, but that's about it. I'd completely forgotten about him. :cool:

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So my initial idea as a GM is we need something that lies beyond 133 ABY. We don´t have characters to feed another outing in the "129-133" years, as a direct sequel. I´d say 133 ABY end of the year, 136 ABY parallel to the comics or simply 138 ABY, after it all went down.

A standalone story like The Cold Embrace or 41 ABY would be nice. Having old characters show up in flashbacks, probably? Nothing big. A good solid 300-400 post game that we finish up with "steady" players of our earlier franchises. And despite your "misgivings", ah let´s call it reluctance, I wonder if you would not be a good choice as GM Sirak. You know the core games better than any of us and after all . . . you got the skills to make it a thrilling ride! Sir_Draco showed interest, too. If he returns from his RL adventures he certainly would be a fine GM to bring it to an end.
    Maybe he would like to do his Cade one last time?

Otherwise me or Sinre would be the obvious choice. Altohugh it seems to be our characters to finish of. Maybe even both of us. I got my hands full until early 2012, but I think a smaller game about the size of ME: Ashen would work very well, with a contained epic but final story.

A send-off. I love good send-offs.

20. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    I actually would throw my hat into the ring (if a GM is needed), because I actually had an IK idea for years now I never was able to play. And different from you guys I have little DNA around here and my onl game I ever did was 128 ABY - Unknown Terrors. So I would like to see ABYverse burning for a last time, before we allow it to glow out . . .

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'd give my vote for Sirak, that I would. And I'm going to be similarly busy for a while also, like Fin.

I suspect that this 'secret announcement' will pertain to what we have to plan, but otherwise, as a last hurrah, I'd love for us to do something, and definitely see Mel and her last Imperial Knight. I was about to suggest we ask Jello back to finish off Emperor Fel, but then I remembered Fel is dead. :oops:

22. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I certainly would. Actually I had an idea yesterday after I posted which might work pretty well and show a new side of ABYverse while using a lot of our old stuff. But that would have to be post TORR and I personally hope for a long and very healthy run of Torr. TGI and I have ideas for at least 5000 posts of story and enough players we can afford to loose a lot and still have a working game, so I really hope we can keep it going a while. If the RPing gods show no mercy though, I might very well start working on a game set in 138 ABY. Featuing, among others, a seasoned Hespar Kessler.

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I don´t know. I must confess I would not have much of an idea fitting a farewell game in my pocket. Sinre? Any plans you had? You mentioned a game where you play out the aftermath of Legacy: War? Otherwise I would be happy to see any hint, teaser of what you might be going for, Sirak.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, my plans would need to be put aside for sometime, and I'd recommend holding out until the announcement as it is anyway...

... personally, I was looking to proceeding with a small scale cast focused upon the Imperial Knights and the aftermath, constitutionally, morally and ethically, of the war for them all, and their relationship with the Jedi and galaxy anew... a crisis from the past arising, methinks, a crisis of conscience for the cast, one and all.

25. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Could this story not be told in the greater context of Shadow War, further solidifying its position in the ABYVerse? Or perhaps, it could serve as a prequel of sorts... with characters from Shadow War (Insipid?) appearing?