main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Academy [I-5] - *The NEW Role Playing Forum (RPF) Adoption's Program*

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Sith-I-5, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CronaGorgon

CronaGorgon Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2010
    Crona Gorgon

"Really quick huh?" The androdgynous tone in Crona's tone seemed to develop a bit of a depressed echo. Crona took the time to make note of what was required to join and readied a notepad. "I have an idea... but I don't know if it'll be allowed." A fading smile could be seen on Crona's face as the pad was held out to Fen.

"I'd like to play something along the lines of a tribal shaman, maybe someone who was rescued from a world that was nearly obliterated by the Separatists?" Crona's pale blue eyes fell to the floor. "I know it doesn't fit with the high-tech gadgetry that others in the group would have, but I was thinking that she would be useful as a medic?" It was funny. Crona had already decided that this character-to-be was female.

"I'd really like to get some input on the idea, if that's okay?"

TAG: Fen

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Padawan Fenlaka Zula

"Really quick huh?" Gorgon asked, making quick notes on a datapad. "I have an idea... but I don't know if it'll be allowed."

Fen nodded, understanding her concerns. "Hey, Sith-I-5's character range for this series has run from a Jawa detective, partnered with a female twi'lek martial artist; to my Dad, a near-immortal twi'lek Force vampire. Whatever your idea, at this preliminary stage, you are limited only by your imagination. What's the idea?"

"I'd like to play something along the lines of a tribal shaman, maybe someone who was rescued from a world that was nearly obliterated by the Separatists?"

The twelve-year-old nodded as he thought about it. "Okay. Sounds workable."

"I know it doesn't fit with the high-tech gadgetry that others in the group would have, but I was thinking that she would be useful as a medic?"

"Variety among different players' characters is a good thing, Crona." He pulled himself closer to the computer and started tapping search parameters into the keyboard. "Now, let's see, players cannot play jedi. Well, your character is a tribal shaman, not a jedi, so passes the first hurdle! In order to present your concept to the Games Master, we have to put it into the form of what we call a Character Sheet, or CS for short."

A hologrammatic projection of information excerpted from the game's intro', floated over the computer:

CHARACTER SHEET TEMPLATE

Name:
    Species:
    Skills:
    Short Bio:
    Anything else to add:

>>> Other IMPORTANT Info

1) About the Character Sheet: the Previous Profession is what you did before you became an MI5 agent. And the Skills is connected with that. It helps tell us what your character specializes in. And you?re more than welcome to post a full description and/or an image for your character?s Appearance. (I love seeing original artwork and encourage you to create something of your own.)

Fen looks over at Crona'. "Okay, see if you can complete the CS template, and then post the completed item here, and feel free to ask me questions."

There was an unexpected flash of white light, and when it faded, another twi'lek was in the room. The boy being purple, and this one being a deathly-pale white, piercing red eyes, over six feet tall; you would not think they were related, but-

"Dad!"

"Good to see you, Fen. Ktala." The twi'lek immediately rounded the counter, and kissed his son on the head, which the padawan wiped away self-consciously, and half-scowled in embarrassment. "Call up my last CS, will you, Son. I will have to update it for this new 007 game."

"On it!"

While Fen typed away, Mitch beamed at both the pink-haired CronaGorgon, and Pluck47. "I hope my boy is behaving himself? Agent Mitch Nifesta, SGIS." He held out a large white hand, held in such a way, that it was clear that if the girls reciprocated, he would be kissing the back of theirs'. He could be quite charming in his own way.

Tag: CronaGorgon, Pluck47, Ktala, Mitth, any

3. CronaGorgon

Dec 26, 2010
    Crona Gorgon

"U-uh... p-pleasure to meet you, Sir. C-crona... Crona Gorgon." Crona bowed instead of shaking hands, seeing as either one either rested on Gorgon's shoulder or the hilt of the massive sword that looked far too heavy for the teen. Crona didn't mean to be rude if the gesture was indeed deemed as such, it was just how Crona was.

The dark-clad newcomer quickly shuffled over to an empty seat to pull out the same notepad from before. While chewing on its lower lip, Crona wrote down some more details on the notepad while fleshing out the character. The pale blue eyes looked up and down the page, trying to envision the female character within.

"I um... have some of it." Crona called to Fen as the notepad was held up for him to see:

Name: (Not sure yet. This is always difficult)
    Species: Unidentified mouse-like humanoid (Original... not overpowered)
    Previous Profession: Tribal Priestess
    Skills: Herbalism, healing, alchemy, foraging, first aid (maybe more help here?)
    Appearance: Her appearance
    Short Bio: (Still working on how to incorporate her)
    Anything else to add: Force sensitive, a black bird companion

"I-I know... it's terrible isn't it?"

TAG: Fen, Mitch, those around

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

Ktala stared at the lithe, androdgynous individual that looked up at her. Pale blue eyes too. Hmmm. She knew that there were many races in Star Wars, but at the moment, the 5th Element is what came to mind... It was clad in a tight full-length dress which seems to be made of a fairly flexible material. But when they started to speak, Ktala ditched that thought immediately.

"I was interested in finding a group to adventure with," Crona answered, clutching a dark bladed sword in one hand while the other rubbed at Crona's shoulder nervously. [/i]"I'm not sure if this is the place I should be looking, but I was directed here by some folks who seemingly know their stuff."[/i]

Crona offered forth a smile.

Suddenly the young Padawan who Ktala thought had followed Sithy out, was speaking.

"Hi. I'm Fen." He waved up at her. "Well, you can adventure with us, Crona, though you might need a warm coat. However, if you want to know which games are welcoming new players, there are three current games on the Role Playing Forum that actually put in their titles, that they are permanently open to new players...

Ktala leaned back, and let Fen go at it. She was annoyed. No, natch that. She was ticked. She had to calm down, before the fire suppression system went off. And since this place was already underwater, that would probably NOT be a good thing. She paced instead.

Behind the empty counter, where the normal receptionist had her computers and monitors, a voice came out of a commo speaker: "Is there anybody there? One knock for 'yes', two knocks for 'no'."

The boy gave Crona and Pluck a wan smile. "I better get that." He moved past the adventuress, and the Togruta, to step round where he could answer and transmit. "Sergeant? This is Fen. Where are you?"

Ktala groaned.

An ominous two-toned alarm blared, and could be heard echoing elsewhere in the ocean-based Academy.

"I HATE THAT THING!" Ktala growled.

This was the second time in a day that Fen had heard that, and in the deafening silence that followed, he looked pointedly across at Ktala, while pointing up at the high ceiling.

"Did we ever find out what that meant?" he asked her.

"Yeah. It means, soup's on." she answered flatly. Right now, she was trying to come up with how many ways she could use a force pike on someone. She was up to 22 at the moment.

The klaxon blared again, accompanied by a calm, recorded voice that demanded attention: "Emergency Recall, all MI5 and Secret Galactic Intelligence Service characters. Emergency Recall. Licence to Clone (Star Wars...007 Style) launched. TODAY."

It continues with its speech. Corona and Fen seemed to have hit it off, and were talking about new games. Good, and left Ktala to deal with ...

.. other thoughts.

There was an unexpected flash of white light, and when it faded, another twi'lek was in the room. The boy being purple, and this one being a deathly-pale white, piercing red eyes, over six feet tall.

"Dad!"

"Good to see you, Fen. Ktala." The twi'lek immediately rounded the counter, and kissed his son on the head.

Ktala chuckled softly, and gave him a nod, as Mitch introduced himself to the others in the room.

With a sigh, Ktala turned and headed into the reception area to grab herself a cup of caffa before her head exploded.

She did like Crona's interesting character, however. Should make for an interesting start of things. Ktala smiled abit, as she poured herself some caffa. Walking back, she took seat in nearby chair.

Tag: CronaGorgon, Pluck47, Mitth, Sith, anyone else..

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Until we deem it necessary to have a separate thread for the Harry Potter mission, any posts for it, eg. in HP territory, should be in darkblue font, to separate them from the ones here.
    Thank you.

IC: Padawan Fenlaka Zula, Agent Mitch Nifesta, Reception

In response to Fen's earlier question, Isk's voice reported, "I'm at Milliways."

"Frag you doing at Milliways?!" Fen screeched, forgetting where he was, or rather, who was with him.

"Language." Nifesta warned darkly.

"Sorry."

"U-uh... p-pleasure to meet you, Sir. C-crona... Crona Gorgon." The woman bowed, then shuffled off to a seat, dropping out of Fen's sight, since he was seated on the other side of the Reception counter.

After a while, Crona called, "I um... have some of it."

"Some of what?" Fen asked.

Mitch looked from Crona to his boy, and back again, then decided to help her out. Then, noticing the sword at her side, he realised that in her world, it might be only priests and royalty that got education, so she might honestly not know about line of sight, and things like that. "Crona, is it? Unless you have arms like Mister Fantastic, he's not going to see your pad from where he is." He waved off Fen's move to get up, and crossed over to the warrior princess himself. Seated, her outfit accentuated her legs more, and the agent's gaze touched on them before he took a look at her pad. "Unidentified mouse-like humanoid? Mice are usually very small rodents, so, if you are going to call her, 'mouse-like', I think you should add her height, just so other players know that she literally isn't the size of a mouse."

"I-I know... it's terrible isn't it?"

Fenlaka gave his parent a moment to answer her, and when he didn't, said, "Remember what I said earlier about limits of imagination. Nothing stopping you playing a rodent. Sith-I-5 plays a hoojib bounty hunter, and those things are about the size of a guinea pig."

Ktala returned, moodily stirring a coffee.

Fen looked over. "Hey, Dad's here now; and I've got this. Go ahead and follow Sithy through the stargate. If it really is that cold, you can tease him with your one cup of coffee...." The boy's voice trailed off as his Dad's continued silence, over near CronaGorgon started to concern him. He looked over. "Dad, you're drooling. What happened, did she make her character Force Sensetive or something? Ah Feth, she didn't make it Force Sensetive, did she?"

Fen pushed the chair back and ran round to Crona, taking her notepad. "Okay, Crona, listen. This all looks great. I cannot see a problem so far, getting her into the game. Once the game starts? Implications." He pointed to the agent. "Force Vampire, in the 007 game." He waved the notepad. "Force Sensetive, in the 007 game. Long story short, he will try to eat her. Just so you know."

Tag: Crona, Ktala, any

6. CronaGorgon

Dec 26, 2010
    Crona Gorgon

It hadn't meant to come out like this, but it did. At the mention of Crona's character possibly being devoured during gameplay the answer came out so rapidly it may as well have been shot from a gun.

"That's rude." Crona eyed the pad, thumbing over the text that had been written. Gorgon quite liked the idea, and despite it all... Crona was determined to continue playing such a character. Crona's head tilted to the side, eyes focused upward as if musing. "I don't know how to deal with something like a Force Vampire..." Crona's voice sounded morosely full of despair before turning those pale blue hues back to the pad.

"Ricca." Crona said after awhile, writing the name onto the sheet. "Said like 'Rish Sha'. She finally has a name." The pink-haired teen smiled, proud of the work that was being accomplished. "Then a description should be added about her height and weight. I suppose..." A quick moment passed as Crona then rattled out some specifics. "Height: 1.6 meters. Weight: 54kg."

Crona's hand left the sword to brush back some strands of pink hair. "I was thinking that her world would have been arboreal or agrarian but relatively unnamed. Unless it's possible to name it, I don't believe the GM would incorporate Ricca's world in any way within the game."

With that, Crona remained silent to hear the others input.

TAG: Fen, Mitch, Ktala, others

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sergeant Isk

"If you're sure. Can't say I didn't offer," replied Marte.

"...Hold on, Republic credits?" He had asked.

"Like I said, it's all I've got. In my time, the Empire was history long ago. A third Republic covers half the galaxy, but the whole galaxy uses Republic credits."

"Yeah, but remember that the Republic that the Empire replaced, lasted thousands of years, so even without the Emperor, one could be forgiven for expecting the next galactic government to last at least until your time. Hardly seems worth the effort, now."

"Sergeant? This is Fen. Where are you?" The child's voice was unexpected; not one of the normal staff, though Isk had seen him get frozen in the area effect spell that the seatrooper had narrowly avoided.

"I'm at Milliways." He told Fen, who he knew as a pre-teenage Jedi Padawan.

"Frag you doing at Milliways?!" The voice exclaimed.

"I got out of there as soon as Potter set off his spell; emergency teleport brought me to it's last location. The Restuarant at the End of the Universe. So, you guys need me back yet?"

There was just silence on the line.

Isk looked across at Nalo. "Fen? You there?"

Tag: Nalo, any

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Disregard last post. Netbook battery died while I was preparing to post. That was the Milliways side of Fen's comlink exchange.

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

Fen looked over towards her as she walked in, stirring her coffee. "Hey, Dad's here now; and I've got this. Go ahead and follow Sithy through the stargate. If it really is that cold, you can tease him with your one cup of coffee...." The boy's voice trailed off. Ktala followed the boys look, as he stared at his dad.

"Dad, you're drooling. What happened, did she make her character Force Sensetive or something? Ah Feth, she didn't make it Force Sensetive, did she?"

Fen pushed the chair back and ran round to Crona, taking her notepad. "Okay, Crona, listen. This all looks great. I cannot see a problem so far, getting her into the game. Once the game starts? Implications." He pointed to the agent. "Force Vampire, in the 007 game." He waved the notepad. "Force Sensetive, in the 007 game. Long story short, he will try to eat her. Just so you know."

Well, THIS was interesting. Ktala looked over at Fen's dad with renewed interest. He certainly was a very controlled Force Vampire. Having never really seen one up close, she found it quite intriguing. She looked over to see what Crona thought of the news. Her response was swift.

"That's rude." Crona eyed the pad, thumbing over the text that had been written. She then continued on, as if she had heard nothing. Crona's head tilted to the side, eyes focused upward as if musing. "I don't know how to deal with something like a Force Vampire..." she started out saying, and then suddenly blurted out a name.

"Ricca." Crona said after awhile, writing the name onto the sheet. "Said like 'Rish Sha'. She finally has a name."

Ktala started laughing like mad, almost spilling her coffee. Oh yes, she could just see things starting up when the game did. Well, it certainly wont be boring.

She then wiped her eyes, and gave Crona a 'thumb's up' sign. "I think your character will do just fine. Good luck to you."

Ktala looked down at her cup. She certainly had now idea how open liquids would fare in the stargate..nor did she want to find out. She quickly put a lid on her cup, and then gave a nod.

"Good luck guys...I have to see a boy about a popcicle..." With that, Ktala turned and headed for the Stargate. She was about to activate it, when she looked down on her wrist, at the toy Sithy had given her earlier. She looked back up at the stargate. She then gave a wicked smile.

She pressed a few buttons on her device, and with a soft 'pop' disappeared. She appeared seconds later..

"Ewwww!"

Ktala wrinkled her nose, as she pulled her hood up tightly around her looking around. Hogsmeade. Hmm. So saw another person close by.

She coughed softly.

TAG: Fen, Mitch, Mith, Sithy, others

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Fenlaka, Agent Nifesta

"That's rude." CronaGorgon decided aloud.

"See, Fen; you have upset her now!"

"Me?"

Crona eyed the pad, thumbing over the text that had been written. Gorgon quite liked the idea, and despite it all... Crona was determined to continue playing such a character. Crona's head tilted to the side, eyes focused upward as if musing. "I don't know how to deal with something like a Force Vampire..." Crona's voice sounded morosely full of despair before turning those pale blue hues back to the pad.

"Ricca." Crona said after awhile, writing the name onto the sheet. "Said like 'Rish Sha'. She finally has a name."

"Alright, that pronounciation should be noted on the CS too." Mitch advised.

Ktala started laughing like mad, almost spilling her coffee. She then wiped her eyes, and gave Crona a 'thumb's up' sign. "I think your character will do just fine. Good luck to you."

"Good luck guys...I have to see a boy about a popcicle..."

"Bye, Ktala. I'll catch up when I can." Fen promised.

The former Coordinator visibly contemplated going through the stargate with her coffee, even going to the point of getting a lid for the cup, then, after reflecting on it, she used her vortex manipulator to teleport away.

Moments later, as if miffed at being sidelined, the stargate event horizon audibly dissipated, leaving just the stone ring.

The pink-haired teen smiled, proud of the work that was being accomplished. "Then a description should be added about her height and weight. I suppose..." A quick moment passed as Crona then rattled out some specifics. "Height: 1.6 meters. Weight: 54kg."

Crona's hand left the sword to brush back some strands of pink hair. "I was thinking that her world would have been arboreal or agrarian but relatively unnamed. Unless it's possible to name it, I don't believe the GM would incorporate Ricca's world in any way within the game."

With that, Crona remained silent to hear the others input.

Fen nodded. "Height, check. Weight, check. Anything to do with her home planet can be sorted out during the game, to be honest. Don?t worry about it at this stage, but it can be used later to add depth to your character, for instance, if she starts to think about home during a quiet moment." He paused and glanced up at the older twi?lek. "Dad?"

"Crona, have you written what your character usually wears? Or will she be dressed like that picture you showed us?"

"Good question." Fen returned to the PC and could be heard tapping way at the keyboard. "Dad, your character sheet has been updated with your latest information, and PMed to Dubya Scott."

Nifesta nodded approvingly. ?Good boy.? He looked at the new player. ?Don?t worry about this, but a point about CS?s. There are different lengths and styles of them, and most GMs won?t worry about whose you use, even if they have provided one themselves. I have been played across several games, so Sithy won?t write a CS from scratch each time, but call up the last relevant one, and add to it. Like updating a CV or Resumé.?

Tag: Crona, any

[color=darkblue]
    [b]IC: Sith-I-5[/b], inside a barn.

Standing to one side of the active stargate, hands jammed under armpits for warmth, Sithy was too cold to jump at the figure popping into existence on the other side of him.

"[i]Ewwww![/i]"

"W-when d-did 'eww' become a w-word?" I-5 enquired, voicing one of the more unlikely questions that burned inside him. "Was it invented on [i]Buffy the Vampire Slayer[/i]? Cos, I had never heard it before Cordelia started saying it, and then it seemed to spread like wildfire across exported US television."

Pulling her hood tighter round her face and throat, Ktala coughed softly, as if to suggest this was not the appro

11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Mitth_Fisto & Havah Jeth

Lost in thought and indicission he waited and watched the dance of figures of comers known and unknown as they waltzed through the area. Then it hit him, he had to do three things. Three things he would do, there was nothing else to it but the one; two; three!

First he turned to Pluck and stepped forward, "I am pleased to see you have found this place, and that you starting your path already. In fact you completed your next assignment before I even gave it."

Looking at the others present he tipped his metaphorical hat, "Always a call and a message away Ladies, Gents. TTFN."

Nodding once with a smile, he then turned upon Havah Jeth. Who for the most part was still in a state of denial - which worked for Mitth since his next course of action was dial on the wrist band and have them both disappear.

TAG: Pluck, Crona, Sith-I-5
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Mitth

Popping into existance he took a deep breath with an open mouth, and promptly thought better of such an action. "What a currious taste you've discovered. Never had air quiet like it before."

Over his old ensomble he now wore a dark red robe, he felt for certain they would be all the rage soon. After all, red was so much better than black or white and unlike them, it never went out of style for any time at all. Still his cane was clutched in his hand, although the mythosaur skull was replaced by a dragons at the top whose two prominent horns curved over the back of his hand from straddling his two middle fingers as if designed to do so. Which it had actually.

TAG: Sith-I-5, Ktala

12. Pluck47

Pluck47 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 20, 2010
    IC: Ahsheek

Ahsheek looked around. Curiously she walked to the portal. Maybe just a peek She thought and stepped in.

Landing in the barn Ahsheek was assaulted by the cold. "Y-You've g-g-g-got to be k-kidding me" She said with a shiver. She wrapped herself in her robes and looked at two other people. one was obviously cold.

Tag: Sith, and i think Misto.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

IC: Sith-I-5, barn

Whilst waiting for Ktala?s to answer the ?ewww? question, Mitth and Pluck47 arrived as well, all feeling the same cold that he had been suffering waiting for them.

"Y-You've g-g-g-got to be k-kidding me" Pluck chattered. Between her head and stripy lekku, there was a lot of surface area to lose heat from!

He was impressed! Neither of the girls had complained about the mostly vapourised horsey; but that might have been the cold!

?H-Hi people. Th-thank you for coming along. W-we are in a barn in Hogsmeade, the closest village to the Hogswart magical school, where Harry Potter has likely returned to.? He paused, his breath making thick vapour clouds in the dim interior.

Facing away from the deactivated stargate, directly ahead were the closed doors, thin vertical slivers of daylight visible between the planks; and to their left, some empty wooden stalls, with saddle equipment visible, a broom that had seen better days, and the all pervading horse smell. Not to mention the brown horse, near to Pluck. He wasn't sure if she had seen it yet. She'd notice when it ran it's steaming thick tongue uup her montrals, which it looked like it was fixing to do.

?W-we can p-play this two ways; stay here till n-nightfall, so as not to alert the locals, before we head up to the castle; or m-move out now, try to catch up with the little magician before he has a chance to alert anyone. So, what does everyone think??

Tag: Ktala, Mitth, Pluck47

14. CronaGorgon

Dec 26, 2010
    Crona Gorgon

As the mouse-like character had been finished, Crona had submitted it to Dubya Scott and was quickly surprised when it had been approved for play. However, upon looking up from the notepad, the pink-haired teen found that nearly everyone had already departed.

"..."

Crona stood up and set down the notepad somewhere that could be deemed safe. "They went through that?" Crona stepped towards this... Stargate, the teen's pale blue eyes looking at it as if it were the strangest darn thing on earth.

~"You've always been stupid, Crona. Of course they went through it!"~ An unseen, taunting voice could be heard as Crona seemingly ignored it. That was until the voice took shape, forming into a small shadowy humanoid straight from the clothing of the teen. It looked something like an imp with a penchant for latex.

"... I don't know how to deal with something like that..." Crona said as the humanoid thumped the teen across the cheek with a small gloved hand before it grabbed Crona's ear.

"~If you thought they were your friends, they left you behind! Better go after them!"~

Crona turned to look back at Mr Nifesta, bowing in humble apology.

"I... I think I should go now. Thank you for the help..."

And without much more of a word, the teen hefted the large broadsword and stepped into the Stargate...

... into the coldest darn place ever!

Crona shivered and looked around for any sign of the people that were eager to help earlier. They had invited the teen to go adventuring, but surely Crona had forgotten the mention about bringing a coat.

"I don't know how to deal with the cold..."

TAG: Fen, Ktala, others

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

"Ewwww!"

"W-when d-did 'eww' become a w-word?" I-5 enquired. Ktala chuckled softly as she looked around. Sithy continued, "Was it invented on Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Cos, I had never heard it before Cordelia started saying it, and then it seemed to spread like wildfire across exported US television."

Pulling her hood tighter round her face and throat, Ktala coughed softly, as if to suggest this was not the appropriate time for the discussion.

"Is it just the two of us?"

"Haven't a clue." she replied, as she began to look for someplace warmer.

I-5's eyes alighted on her coffee cup. "Is that for me?" he asked.

Ktala warmed her hands on the cup. "Nope." she stated, keeping her voice monotone. "Im mad at you."

Suddenly two more people joined them, with only a soft pop for a warning. Mitth and ... That guy. Yup him. Sith type...

"What a currious taste you've discovered. Never had air quiet like it before."

"Nice robes." Ktala commented towards Mitth.

Another person came flying in from the gate. Ktala watched as Pluck came flying in the barn landing next to I-5. "Y-You've g-g-g-got to be k-kidding me"

Ktala turned and gave a nod. "Well, he did mention it might be a tad cold." She held back a snicker when she noticed the horse standing next to Pluck.

Sithy spoke to the new arrivals. "H-Hi people. Th-thank you for coming along. W-we are in a barn in Hogsmeade, the closest village to the Hogswart magical school, where Harry Potter has likely returned to." He paused, his breath making thick vapour clouds in the dim interior.

"W-we can p-play this two ways; stay here till n-nightfall, so as not to alert the locals, before we head up to the castle; or m-move out now, try to catch up with the little magician before he has a chance to alert anyone. So, what does everyone think?"

The last person, Crona shivered and looked around as she entered just as the gate closed.

"I don't know how to deal with the cold..." she added.

Ktala opened her cup of coffee, and gently took a sip. "Well, if you mean stay here..I hope you dont mean in this almost barn! And we're not sure about where the little mynok took off to. I rather try to find him now, before he reaches the castle. If what I've heard is true, it might be a bit difficult to sneak into THAT place." Ktala looked at the others. "Besides, they gonna freeze to death." she stated, before looking back at I-5. "And after all..they are YOUR responsibility." She gave him a wicked grin.

TAG: Pluck, Crona, Mitth, Sith-I-5..did I forget anyone? :p

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Padawan Fenlaka Zula, Agent Mitch Nifesta, RPF Academy Reception

Nonplussed, Fen watched Pluck47 step up to the deactivated stargate, and disappear!

He was speechless with shock. The silvery event horizon had evaporated just after Ktala had used her vortex manipulator.

Beaming, the older twi'lek looked on proudly as CronaGorgon received notification that her character sheet had been accepted in the 007 game.

She put her notepad down beside her, the realisation dawning in her that people were missing. "They went through that?"

Fen was no help, and Mitch backed off as something extruded itself from the girl's blue outfit, and smacked her in the cheek.

"... I don't know how to deal with something like that..."

"Join the club."

Crona turned to face Mitch, and bowed, which charmed him somewhat, "I... I think I should go now. Thank you for the help..."

"Err." He pointed uselessly at her little friend, taking a moment to recover. "No problem. And since your character is only 15, no danger of me eating her. I make it a point not to expose children to harm."

"He patronises them shamelessly," Fen put in, talking from experience, "so don't be surprised if in the middle of a firefight, he asks if it is past her bedtime."

Mitch looked curiously over to his son. "I never did that to you, did I?"

The younger one put his hands on his hips. "HNN Skyhook, middle of a firefight with that bounty hunter; you took time out to hide me behind a vending machine for my protection, and bought me a lollipop from it to 'ease the trauma'. I am a jedi padawan; takes a lot more than that to traumatise me!"

"You didn't object."

"I'm also twelve. It was a free lollipop!" Fen noticed Crona's absence, and did a double-take, glancing quickly around. ?How did that happen?? He wondered aloud, ?The stargate was off; why didn?t they just fall into the space between the back of it, and the wall??

Mitch shrugged. ?I guess that was a classic case of what you don?t know, not hurting you.?

WHEE-ooo! A high-pitched klaxon, nothing like the earlier game launch warnings, blasted through the air. This was related to the stargate.

Mitch swirled from where CronaGorgon had been sitting, walked quickly back to the desk where the computer sat. He glanced at the main flatscreen monitor.

WHEE-ooo!

?Un-scheduled offworld activation!?

?Well, duh.? Fen put in.

?Don?t be cheeky.? Mitch tapped a couple of keys, then looked up to see what the screen said. ?Reading Tosh?s IDC. She?s coming back from...Port Haven.?

WHEE-ooo!

Lights around the stone ring, without chevrons engaging, started to turn on.

Tag: any

[color=darkblue][b]IC: Sith-I-5[/b], Hogsmeade barn

[b]Crona[/b] arrived while the Coordinator waited for the others to select a course of action. It was cold enough that he wished he had made an executive decision, and gone for Plan Number One. But too late, he had asked now.

"[i]I don't know how to deal with the cold...[/i]" The warrior princess admitted, hefting her massive broadsword.

"C-clearly." Was all Sithy could say, well, stammer, to that.

"[i]Nice robes.[/i]" [b]Ktala[/b] commented. Sithy followed her gaze to [b]Mitth[/b], noting with jealousy, his really warm looking red coverings. And the presence of another fellow. In old-looking armour.

Ktala opened her cup of coffee, and gently took a sip. "[i]Well, if you mean stay here..I hope you dont mean in this almost barn! And we're not sure about where the little mynock took off to. I rather try to find him now, before he reaches the castle. If what I've heard is true, it might be a bit difficult to sneak into THAT place.[/i]" Ktala looked at the others. "[i]Besides, they gonna freeze to death.[/i]" she stated, before looking back at I-5. "[i]And afte

17. Pluck47

Pluck47 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 20, 2010
    Ahsheek looked at Sith. "well i dont have a weapon but i can use the force a bit..." She said and shuddered. The horse had licked her montrals. "Uhh......EWW" She yelled and jumped back. The saliva from the lick froze to her head. "EW EW EW EW" She said and tried to get it off.

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala - Hogsmeade Barn

Ktala opened her cup of coffee, and gently took a sip. "Well, if you mean stay here..I hope you dont mean in this almost barn! And we're not sure about where the little mynock took off to. I rather try to find him now, before he reaches the castle. If what I've heard is true, it might be a bit difficult to sneak into THAT place." Ktala looked at the others. "Besides, they gonna freeze to death." she stated, before looking back at I-5. "And after all..they are YOUR responsibility." She gave him a wicked grin.

"Mine?" I-5 looked back at her, scandalized. "Alright, fine. We need to secure warm clothing, and send a team after Harry." He immediately started pulling at the straps at his chest, wincing as frozen fingers tried to manipulate the buckles and velcro. After a couple of moments, he managed to lower the concave shape of the glass-like Velium Light Shield to the damp-straw covered floor, the thing looking like a shallow bowl, three feet across. He looked up at the blue-gowned form. "Crona, we need to build a fire in this. Look around for anything flammable, chop it with your sword if you need to. Mitth's friend, help her please. Ktala, Mitth, are either of you able to magic up warm clothing? If not, I'll comm back to the Academy, and tell Fenlaka to bring some, plus gloves for me, through when he comes."

I-5 stood and slipped his E-11 out of the thigh holster, and held it up to see the blast settings in the dim light.Pluck', you are with me. if you have a weapon, set it for 'stun' force."

Ahsheek looked at Sithy. "Well I dont have a weapon but I can use the force a bit..." She said and shuddered. The horse had licked her montrals. "Uhh......EWW" She yelled and jumped back. The saliva from the lick froze to her head. "EW EW EW EW" She said and tried to get it off.

Ktala laughed softly, as she walked forward. "Oh, I think I can help a little bit." she stated, as she walked forward. She stopped at Ahsheek first, and handed her a cloth so she could wipe her lekku. She then stretched out her hand, letting a gentle yellow flame envelope her hand. She grinned, as she opened her arms. "I did learn a few useful spells. Forget Bigbsy Fist..." she said with a grin. She then reached down, and pulled a small bag from somewhere underneath her cloak. She reached in, and then began to pull out various clothing items.

"Dont worry. They will fit whatever size puts them on..and right now..they have protection from the cold spell on them, so they will keep you nice and warm." She then laughed. "Dont like the color..well, just think of the color you would like." She passed the bag around, after putting on a pair of gloves she had pulled out. She then handed the bag to Sithy. "Here..gotta keep those fingers warm." she said, as she sipped her coffee."

Ktala walked back over to the horse, and gently began to pat the animal, sending a bit of warmth to him as well, as she made it a point to ignore what was sticking up in the snow. She dug in her pockets and produced an apple. "Hungry?" she asked, while she waited for the others to get dressed.

"Tis a good thing, I havent forgotten the old skills.." she murmured to herself as she waited.

TAG: everyone

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Random Tip 3 of 20

If you find yourself unable to play in the game you have joined, for a number of days; so that you don't hold anyone else up, you can ask another player or the Games Master, to babysit or move your character for you.

And our example is Mitth Fisto, who is having a weeks' worth of computer trouble, but has made a special effort to contact myself and the GMs of the games that he is in, rather than just let people wonder where he is. Good effort, Mitth.

Sith-I-5, Mitth, a Hogsmeade barn.

Sith-I-5 holstered his blaster and headed for the doors at the far end, while still listening out for Pluck's, he shook his head at his error, that was the player's character along for the ride, not the player himself.

"Well i dont have a weapon but i can use the force a bit..." Uhh......EWW! EW EW EW EW!"

What the hell? I-5 turned round to see the Togruta shuddering away from the horse's tongue, and could not help but chuckle.

Ktala laughed softly, as she walked forward. "Oh, I think I can help a little bit." she stated, as she walked forward. She stopped at Ahsheek first, and handed her a cloth so she could wipe her lekku. She then stretched out her hand, letting a gentle yellow flame envelope her hand.

I-5 did not know whether that was for light or heat, but it did brighten the interior up a bit, allowing him to see her grinning.

Clearly the break from Atlantis, as the real estate agent had named their floating base, was good for her.

She opened her arms. "I did learn a few useful spells. Forget Bigbsy Fist..." she said with a grin.

She then reached down, and pulled a small bag from somewhere underneath her cloak. She reached in, and then began to pull out various clothing items.

"Dont worry. They will fit whatever size puts them on..and right now..they have protection from the cold spell on them, so they will keep you nice and warm." She then laughed. "Dont like the color..well, just think of the color you would like." She passed the bag around, after putting on a pair of gloves she had pulled out. She then handed the bag to Sithy. "Here..gotta keep those fingers warm." she said, as she sipped her coffee."

?GLOVES!? Sithy exclaimed as he pulled a snazzy grey pair from the bag from the bag, and plunged his hands, one by one, into them. ?Ktala, I could kiss you.? He looked across to one of his young charges. ?Come on, put something on before you freeze.?

Ktala walked back over to the horse, and gently began to pat the animal, and seemed to make it a point to ignore the remainder of the second horse. She dug in her pockets and produced an apple. "Hungry?" she asked, while the animal successfully read between the lines, and took a bite from the proffered fruit.

"Tis a good thing, I havent forgotten the old skills." she murmured to herself as she waited.

Sithy found it interesting to have a caster name drop a completely different set of spells than what he was used to, his range being those on offer in the Everquest MMORPG.

?Alright, get dressed, and warmed up. When we leave, to the right, will be the simple shacks and houses that make up the town of Hogsmeade. To the left, out of the town, will be a path that will eventually take up the hill to the castle.? He paused. ?Now, what I DON?T know about this place, could fill a library, so if anyone here can offer more information, feel free to chime in anytime.?

The sound of equine teeth crunching into apple punctuated the otherwise silent barn-

?Are you quite sure this is a barn?? The scarlet-robed figure of Mitth enquired from the back recesses of the place. Sith could barely see him beyond the flare of Ktala?s hand.

?I?m sorry?? The Coordinator was unsure what to say.

?Only, the horse, harnesses, disembodied hooves on the straw; this place is saying ?stable? to me.?

I-5 stared at the speaker. ?Damn magic barns; what else is it saying to you??

Tag: All

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Mitth Fisto

Sith I-5
    stared at him. ?Damn magic barns; what else is it saying to you??

Taking a slow breath in as he backed up and sidestepped a suspicious mound with a frown, "That it hasn't been mucked out recently, somebody either might come soon to do so or this is a poorly run stable."

Taking an extra set of clothes from Ktala he gladly dispersed them in the pockets of his robe before looking up happily and waiting for when the adventure would continue.

TAG: ALL

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

IC: Sith-I-5, barn, stable, whatever

The Coordinator decided it was time to make a move, both so they did not lose Harry, and also to open up the environment for his companions. Plus, the blast of cold air once he opened the barn door, might encourage the Asheek and Crona to put something warmer on.

Turning from Mitth, Sith pushed at the door, and had to shade his eyes from the bright whiteness that struck him as he pushed the barrier aside.

Outside, the snow was thick on the ground, and there was a clear set of footprints, one person's, leading from the curved track the bottom of the door had pushed into the snow, and leading away to the left, into the distance.

That made sense; according to his data, going to the right would have taken him into the centre of Hogsmeade. The schoolboy would have had company to call on, but no-one with Powers.

I-5 stepped out, feeling the frosting crunch under his boot treads. He looked back.
    "Come on if you are coming. Someone want to bring my shield?"

Tag: Away Team :p

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

Ktala sipped on her coffee as she passed out the clothing, letting everyone get quickly warmed up. She continued to sip on her coffee. At least Sithy seemed a bit happy to see a extra pair of gloves. "GLOVES!" Sithy exclaimed as he pulled a snazzy grey pair from the bag from the bag, and plunged his hands, one by one, into them. "Ktala, I could kiss you." he told her. She simply smirked as he looked across to one of his young charges. [/i]"Come on, put something on before you freeze."[/i]

"Indeed." Ktala echoed.

Ktala dug in her pockets and produced an apple. "Hungry?" she asked, while the animal successfully read between the lines, and took a bite from the proffered fruit. She gently patted him.

[/i]"Alright, get dressed, and warmed up. When we leave, to the right, will be the simple shacks and houses that make up the town of Hogsmeade. To the left, out of the town, will be a path that will eventually take up the hill to the castle."[/i] He paused. "Now, what I DON?T know about this place, could fill a library, so if anyone here can offer more information, feel free to chime in anytime."

She started trying to remember what she had heard about this place. The sound of equine teeth crunching into apple punctuated the otherwise silent barn-

There was a bit of a discussion of whether they were standing in a barn or stable.

'Does it really matter?' she wondered. At least his 'companion' was silent. Probably still in shock of what all had happened. Turning from Mitth, Sith pushed at the door, and had to shade his eyes from the bright whiteness that struck him as he pushed the barrier aside. Outside, the snow was thick on the ground, and there was a clear set of footprints, one person's, leading from the curved track the bottom of the door had pushed into the snow, and leading away to the left, into the distance.

Wonderful. He was heading straight for the castle.

I-5 stepped out, feeling the frosting crunch under his boot treads. He looked back.
    "Come on if you are coming. Someone want to bring my shield?"

Ktala considered what little she knew. If this was a stable or barn..then they were probably near the Three Broomsticks pub. She left the shield, and stepped outside, enjoying the brisk snow, as she polished off her coffee, and placed the cup back inside of the sack, in case she wanted more coffee. She then looked around. She spoke softly, so the horse, or anything else inside the barn would not hear.

"We're right on the outskirts of town. And thats a LONG walk up to the castle." she mused. I sure wish I could remember all the sneaky ways of getting into Hogswarts. I only remember one, and thats one is wrong way only." she mused. She looked up, checking out the time of day. "Looks like we're in for a stroll."

She wondered if magic would work at least up to the gates. Well, once they got out of line of sight, she might give a few test shots.

Ktala pulled her clock up around her, and stepped out. Breathing in the clean cold air, she chuckled softly, before heading out, moving towards the left.

She walked out abit, before stopping and waiting for the others. She wanted to get a good look at what was around them, while waiting for the others.

Tag: Away Team
    :)

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Toshiko Sato, Mitch Nifesta, Fenlaka Zula, RPF Adoptions ocean facility ?Atlantis?

The molten silver pool that was the stargate?s event horizon as a human woman stepped through into the Reception area, to find two twi?leks staring back at her.

?And where the frell have you been?? The pale-white older twi?lek enquired from behind the counter, his arms crossed, and face stern.

Toshiko Sato, ex of Torchwood, looked up as the event horizon dissipated noisily in her wake. ?Hello, Mitch. Fen.?

?Is that bits of wood in your hair??

Tosh pulled at her black strands with one hand, examinging the splinter she ended up pinched between thumb and forefinger. ?Yeah, there was a bar fight at Port Haven. I was there looking into the Star Wars: Intervention game.?

?Well, you better sit down so I can take a look at you. Fen, get the medikit.?

The purple younger twi?lek left his seat and rummaged through the counter shelves for the required item, while Mitch waved a hand and Force Pulled a chair across the carpet over to Tosh, and rounded the partition to sit her down.

?So how did you get wood in your hair; someone put a chair over your head??

The young woman was smiling with the adrenalin rush of being in the clearly exciting game. ?No, someone unloaded a T21 heavy repeating blaster into the ceiling, to get everyone?s attention.?

Mitch pulled her into the chair and stood over her, behind the seat. ?Figures that running your fingertip round the rim of a liquid-filled glass would not work in a brawl, regardless of what the holomovies say. You know you got blood on your blouse??

It was only specks of brown on the white cotton of her top, but the SGIS agent was concerned now.
    The boy arrived with the medical kit. Mitch thanked him, and turned back to his colleague, intending to check her for injuries.

?Shouldn?t think that it?s mine.?

?You will forgive me if I choose to make sure. So, what is Port Haven when it is at home??

Toshiko held still while Agent Nifesta cleared wood from her locks, and checked her scalp for any wounds. ?It?s a little known shadowport for all sorts of mercenary groups, but primarily the imaginatively named group, ?The Mercs? which all the players are members off.
    If players come in with pilots and vessels, it all serves to grow the organisation?s resources, and the game has a central plot which I won?t go into, because, I can?t. I wasn?t able to penetrate any of the gangs. The place is pretty lawless. Joining the Mercs though, sounds like a quick way to get yourself onto an Imperial Most Wanted list.?

Behind the counter, and sitting at Tosh?s computer screens, Fen sighed, resigning himself to not joining the Away Team pursuing the schoolboy wizard.

A visual alert popped up on one of the screens, drawing his attention.

?Uh guys?? He called over the counter that he could barely see over. ?A training game just launched in the Role Playing Forum. The Hunt for Warlord Sarkasey.?

?Alright, pull up some information that we can summarise.?

?On it.?

Tag: anyone who wants to visit the RPF Academy ? just turn up in Reception

[color=darkblue][b]IC: Sith-I-5[/b], barn in Hogsmeade

The team leader hurried back into the barn to scoop his shield off the ground, then re-traced his steps to catch up with [b]Ktala[/b], who had emerged into the frosty wind sweeping down the centre of Hogsmeade.

?[i]We're right on the outskirts of town. And thats a LONG walk up to the castle.[/i]? She said. ?[i]I sure wish I could remember all the sneaky ways of getting into Hogswarts. I only remember one, and thats one is wrong way only.[/i]" She looked up, checking out the time of day. "[i]Looks like we're in for a stroll.[/i]?

?Strange,? I-5 said, about the rest of their posse, noting aloud that the warmer they got, the less animated everyone became.

24. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Alex Maccal Atlantis Main Hangerbay

A figure slowly emeraged from the cockpit of the recently landed MandalMotors G1-M4-C Dunelizard fighter. Painted on the left side of the bronzen fighter's nosecone was a Jawa whose robes were on fire. Written in bloodred script over the head of the miniature robed creature were the words Munit Tome'tayl and under it Skotah Iisa.

The newcomer is clad in Mandalorian Shock Trooper Armor with green plates and a black jumpsuit underneath. The blonde haired youngster opted to leave his brainbucket in his fighter. He confidently strode up to the floor index next to the turbolift and looked for the floor marked reception.

As he rode to the appropriate floor, Alex thought of when he left his homeworld of Concord Dawn after being deemed a warrior. He had been wondering the galaxy as a member of the Bounty Hunter Guild. He typically takes on smaller bounties that do not have the stipulation of "Wanted Dead". Maccal refuses to be someones hired assassin. For the past year he was on Tatooine involved in a wild bantha chase looking for a lost sand skipper.

Now he is looking for some further guidence in the universe and was told to come here.

TAG: Everyone at the Adoption facility

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Toshiko Sato, Mitch Nifesta, Fenlaka Zula, RPF Adoptions Academy Reception.

Toshiko cocked her head under Mitch?s hands. ?Is that repulsor engines that I hear?? She asked, moving to rise from her seat. ?I think we have visitors.?

?No, you sit still. Not finished with you, yet.? The twi?lek agent?s broad hands prevented her from rising, and she subsided. ?Fen??

?Got it.? The eager adolescent rose from his chair so that he was visible over the flat counter top, just as a helmet-less human in the armour of a Mandalorian Shocktrooper walked in, the plates attached to the black undersuit, green in colour.

?Welcome to the RPF Academy,? Fen gushed, then clasped his hands before him as he took in the armour. ?And nice beskar plates if I may say so, sir.?

If he had learned one thing at his young age, it was that despite the rarity of the respective metals, all newbie Sith and Mandalorian players respectively had enough cortosis and beskar to fully protect their characters.

Both Mitch and Tosh waved and said polite hellos to Alex, from their chair in the middle of the floor.
    As Alex entered Reception, Fen?s counter was to his left, and the stone circle of the stargate dominated the wall to his right. Tosh and Mitch would be about one o?clock to Maccal?s position.
    Tosh was in a white short-sleeved blouse that was flecked with blood, and a black knee-length pencil skirt; Mitch in a concealing tan cloak; and Fen in warm black clothing for the mission to Hogsmeade.

Toshiko narrowed her eyes at the blonde-haired youth. "Alex Maccal, isn't it? Weren't you in our old training game? On Tatooine?"

Tag: Alex Maccal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.