main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Academy [I-5] - *The NEW Role Playing Forum (RPF) Adoption's Program*

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Sith-I-5, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002

Sithy, if you need anything during this slow time, just let me know, ok? :)

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Hi, Skiara.

What sort of help?

3. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Random post

IC: Bridge Officer Bob "Bobob", General Prez (Jod npcs), the Johnny Boy

Bobob had freshened himself up in his assigned cabin after a several hour shift spent helping with repairs to the mercenary ship's infrastructure.

Master Zat, or He, had really done a number on the corvette in their rush to reach the bridge during that battle.

After using the sonic shower, and valet services to freshen up and launder his clothes, the officer had dressed, picked up his white gloves from the dresser, folding them neatly into place in the black belt at his waist, opposite side to his comlink.

He left his cap on the bed, since no-one else on this ship wore one.

On the way to the mess hall, the human female that he knew as Aurora Cradmoon, ran past him in a bit of a tizzy, then a few moments later, that Havah Jeth character, Mr Gloop Grenade, hyeaded past too.

Bobob contemplated his rumbling stomach, looking forward to a meal prepared by the lovely, but abrupt, cook.

The door to ther mess hall slid open, the smell from inside hitting him like a wet fish to the face, and the Jod gagged slightly, but still went inside. He was here now.

The hunger pangs had disappeared in an instant, same time as he made a conscious decision to breathe through his mouth, save his nostrils from the smell of mould...uh.

Bobob looked around the hall - how were people able to still be eating?

He saw the Royal Combat Engineer, General Perez, sitting alone at a table, and a nearby Merc, a slight humanoid with pointed ears, drain a metal cup, and get up to head out.

That stench, who could blame the lad.

Bobob crossed the hall to Perez' table, pulled out a chair and sat opposite his superior.
    "General." He looked out for a server, intending to order a beer be brought to the table, "What's that drokking smell?"

The heavier-set ex-commander smiled as he shovelled a forkload of pink meats into his mouth. "Bothers you, does it?" He asked after some heavy chewing, and swallowing. "That tall humanoid with the white hair, the Arkanian? Had some hairy, mouldy foodstuff that he tucked into, but God, the smell carried."

"Oh, that's fragging disgusting."

"If I wasn't already eating, I'd have gone looking for a bucket."

The Bridge Officer, looked round, "Does it not occur to them to re-cycle the air? Draw off the tainted stuff, and put in some fresh, or at least scrubbed air?"

"Mercs. What can you do?"

Both Jod exchanged glances in silent agreement.

Tag: anyone still in the Mess Hall, if you require interaction

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

A three-seater ARC-170 skimmed over the calm blue waves, to the oddly shaped structure in the middle of the sea.

[​IMG]

A double-skinned plexiglase dome revealed itself to be two separate domes as the coverings rose in two separate directions to permit the craft access to the main landing pad, a black circle ringed in yellow.

As the canopies slid back, two twi'leks clambered down.

The first, a tall, pale white twi'lek in the tan robes and sunglasses, was Agent Mitch Nifesta, the Head of Security for this, the Role Playing Forum Academy, or RPF Adoptions for short.

The other twi'lek, clearly an adolescent, 12, 13 standard years old, was purple, bundled up in a warm black zippered jacket, and yellow shorts that wouldn't be out of place in a Rupert the Bear comic book.

Mitch stretched his arms out as he stood on the landing pad, robes whipping about him courtesy of the high winds coming of the ocean. "Ah, great to be back! Five months in limbo thanks to the Move from our old boards at IGN." He looked at his adopted child as the other slid off one of the fighter's S-foils, catching him around the hips before he hit the ferrocrete, to set him down safely.

"Thanks, Dad. Since we are here, I have a question."

"Shoot. As long as it isn't the one about where babies come from."

"What are bonds?"

Mitch raised an eyebrow as he led the way inside. After the first set of double doors, a short blue corridor moved to a hallway featuring Reception, and two offices on the right-hand wall, and a large briefing room with seats, raised dais and a holoprojector on the left. "I was expecting, why is the sky 'blue', or something on that level. Isn't that question a bit old for you?"

"Why, is it rude?"

"Only if the bonds you are thinking off are furred handcuffs, but, there are a number of meanings of the term. Including financial, a way of generating income better than cash in the bank, if that is what you are thinking off." Mitch pointed into Reception, where other ways of visitors arriving, including a stargate, a transmat pad, and a rack of vortex manipulator wrist-bands, sat. "Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to pull the white sheets off all the furniture, and bundle them into a corner until I can collect them."

Fenlaka Zula, as I suddenly remember the boy was called, sighed rebelliously. "And if I don't choose to accept it?"

"Just do it anyway." Mitch grinned. "The Welcome New Users forum should start getting visitors now that we have moved, and there may be traffic through here any day now, GMs wanting to advertise their games, new players seeking to understand how we do things on the RPF, the Role Playing Forum, veteran players offering their services, or just to say 'hi'."

Fenlaka stepped through into Reception, eager hands grasping the nearest white dust cover.

Okay-dokey, welcome to the RPF Adoptions thread

If you are new, I hope you enjoy your time with theforce.net, and if you are returning, welcome back.

The core staff here, are:

RPF Adoptions Academy - general instructors
    Ktala
    Agent Mitch Nifesta
    Sith-I-5

Feel free to post here either as yourself, or one of your characters. Methods of arrival, as mentioned above, are teleporting in to Reception, coming through the stargate, or arriving by starfighter, as we have a limited space for craft to land.

Over the weekend, I will promote at least one new game on these boards, and others as I note new ones start up.

GMs, feel free to pop in as yourself or as a character to advertise your game.

WELCOME TO THE NEW BOARDS

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey

DUE TO THE MOVE, THIS THREAD HAS CLOSED, AND RE-OPENED HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.