main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Advisory Council Update June-July

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Humble extra, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    The only real problem I see with the "random PM" idea is that you might hit a troll/sock/banned user/inactive user. Perhaps the AC has ways of making sure this won't happen. Other than that, I think it is a good idea. :)

2. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i guess its just a matter of checking the posting record of the member before sending of any detailed pms.......

3. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Well, given you would be going by the Users Online list, you are doubtful to be getting an inactive user, probably not a troll (one out of many on the UO list...it would be a fluke), ditto banned user.

If you get a sock...well so what? Either way it has an owner that uses the place...whether its the primary name or not, the owner is online and active, and therefore has the opportunity to be a useful resource.

4. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    OMG you guys cracj me up! This is the funniest thread on the JC, hehe.

Seriously, Aybabtu and Humble Extra, you guys rule!

Anyway, on serious issues- I really like the random PMing system. It sounds like a good idea.

As for the moderator evaluations, who does them?

And are you saying DP's back again? I thought you all took care of him?

And on the final note of DP, however, who cares? I mean, the guy wants to shake the JC up. That's his main goal. And as long as every time he digs a thread out of modsquad the mods erupt into a hysterical panic and go on a screaming banning spree, DP will be sitting back laughing his head off with amusement. If it were me *I* sure woudl be.

But here's the golden rule that applies to all children (whether they really be children or just act like it)- If you ignore them, they will go away. If everyone stops freaking out over DP and stops caring, he will get bored and find another site to harass. I mean, the JC did not come to an end because a few users got to see the modsquad stuff. I think we'll all be able to weather out DP without a problem until he leaves.

I mean, the stuff he's pulling out of modsquad isn't even that exciting! I myself got rather bored of it very fast. Only stuff I looked at was stuff about me, and even that got annoying since at the time I was banned and there wasn't anything I coudl do about the lies...never mind. I digress. But you see what I'm saying about DP?

5. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    As for the moderator evaluations, who does them

The members of the Advisory Council did them. I believe there was input from both the current group as well some from the first group.

6. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, all ACers (old and new) were given the opportunity to do Liz's evaluation...and while Gandolfs evaluation was supposed to be new ACers, some old ones are also doing it so as to speed up the process.

So far as DP goes, short of getting him chucked in jail (which I doubt TF.N wants to do), then they wont be getting rid of him...they just have to try to build better safeguards, and hope he gets bored of it all and moves on.

7. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying! If everyone would calm down and ignore him, he'd go away. He just wnts attention, and all the attention he gets is only feeding him.

I am happy to say of late I haven't heard of any "DP scandals" or mods being put on trial for collaborating or anything, so maybe everyone is quieting down and getting sick of DP's drama.

8. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Why even mention that DP hacked the AC? I thought the modsquad stuff he did was interesting, but that was a long time ago when teh drama was plentifull. You didn't need to see the modsquad for that. Mabey I just don't care anymore, but I don't think anybody really cares what is going on in the AC. They are giving the gist of it right here, what could be that important?

DP, go hack the Refuge or the episode-x board. I am sure they will think you are cool for doing it. Wait, somebody who has nothing better to do that go continually to a web site that doesn't want you there is cool, right?

9. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Hehe, yeah Coolguy, I'm with you. It was a form of entertainment while I was banned (and at times it could be VERY entertaining) but I really don't think anything DP hacked was exactly important or crucial JC secrets or anything. All that I read was a bunch of mods arguing over whether to ban or unban certain members, and what new colors they're going to use and what they're going to do with all the money they get paid off for unbanning people- oh wait, prolly shoduln't have said that one ;)

Anyway, so now he's hacking into the AC? What an attention whore. Back when he was doig it before he claimed it was for a cause- that the mods were corrupt and he was getting even. But come on, the AC? This guy is sad.

10. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Right, so let's all follow your advice and drop it, instead of making a big discussion about it, eh?

Vertical

11. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    If only that was the policy on all old drama.

12. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    If only that was the policy on all old drama.

Why stop at old?

People make too much of all drama, old or new.

13. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Because some people have valid complaints, and others are too quick to label it DRAMA! and post gifs and generally spam so that the original problem is never really addressed.

Maybe bannings for saying DRAMA! would be more productive than for "kewl," "teh," "thanx," and "l33t."
    Actually, it's possibly the same people.

14. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    People get banned for saying "teh"? That's teh suck! :p

Btw, I was just kidding, don't ban me pwease. I never really USE teh suck

15. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
  16. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    I use teh all teh time. I'l all teh l33t like taht!!2!!1

17. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Ack!

You get BANED!

18. Sith Vicious

Sith Vicious Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Why haven't you people been discussing how someone with the sordid history of Dark Helmet earned the trust of JC management?

19. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    [image=http://members.rogers.com/alienacid/banme.gif]

That would induce drama, and he has been a mod for like 6 months

and yes I know

[image=http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/oliphant/thoa048.jpg]

20. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Quote:

[blockquote]Why haven't you people been discussing how someone with the sordid history of Dark Helmet earned the trust of JC management?[/blockquote][hr]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=229298][b]Dark Helmet[/b][/link] is a long-banned troll with a history of offenses

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=237743][b]Darth Dark Helmet[/b][/link] is a different guy and a darn good manager, too. Are you confusing the two, perhaps? Or are you referring to something else? ?:|

21. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Heh, no, I think they are talking about DDH's...uhhh....friendship with those mafia thugs...sorta like Sinatra.

Except DDH cant sing, act or dance.

And he has no charisma too :p

Oh, and you should see what I wrote before the edit [face_shocked]

22. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Yes, I'm not the guy who was a serial troll.

And DD, I'll have you know I have a remarkable singing voice, I'm like Gomer Pyle.

Wait...

23. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Personally I think that DDH is one of the nicest mods around. He has helped me (and others) out on a number of occasions in the 3SA and AOTC fourms. :)

24. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I chose to be a Paladin so that I could be guaranteed 17 charisma.

25. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "I chose to be a Paladin so that I could be guaranteed 17 charisma."

Nerd!

My kettle is black.

Amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.