main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Animorphs Thread!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Andalite-Bandit, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I think the thing with Marcos mom as Visser One was that it was just too much of a coincidence that HIS mother would happen to be the leader of the Yeerks.

Speaking of Yeerk leadership, I would have liked to see more of the Council of 13. Of course I did not ever read Visser, which I should probably do. Maybe that will be the next Animorph book I order!

<Look I am talking in thought-speak!>

2. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Visser was a strange book. I don't remember much of what happened, but I do remember that when I read it, all I could think of was, "Whoa!"

<If we talk like this, does that mean we're in morph? ;) >

3. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    <It means we are thought speaking. Primitive humans.> *Swagger*

4. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I was never clear on how private thought-speak worked. Some books said it was like whipering to someone, but you could over hear people whispering. Other descriptions said it was like e-mail, which is totally private. So was private thought speak totally private, or could someone over hear it?

5. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    There are thought speak whispers that are sent to one person and others that are widely broadcasted. It's the same concept of whispering to someone in a chatroom.

6. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I always figured thought speak was like regular talking: depending on how far away a person is, the harder it is to hear; the closer a person is, the easier it is to hear.

As for private thought speak, I gathered it was something like whispering - with the person talking sitting right next to you with their hand cupped over your hear to keep the conversation extra private.

7. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    If i had morphing powers, here are the animals i would love to try the most:

Red Tailed Hawk
    Dolphin
    Tiger
    Cat
    Andalite

8. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    I also think red tailed hawk might be the best! Well either that or that peregrine falcon, which is the fastest ever bird or some such.

9. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    I definitely would never ever want to morph a taxxon.

10. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Peregrine falcons are the fastest animals on land, right?
    (On land...sounds funny since they fly :p)

Ugh...taxons. For some reason, whenever I think of a taxon, I always get this mental picture of Heimlech from A Bug's Life. Strange.

11. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    I have read somewhere on the internet that K.A. Applegate had originally intended to release a Taxxon Chronicles book, but cancelled it when she decided to end the series at 54.

12. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I feel silly now thinking the TV series came first...

13. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    Well, you are 14! Animorphs is before your time. You'd have been like 4 when Animorphs started.

That just made me realize that it has been TEN years since Animorphs came out. Jeez that is crazy. Ack! I can still remember getting the first book in sixth grade. I did not think about how long ago that was! Wow!

14. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Ten years, seriously? That's insane. It still seems like yesterday sometimes.

15. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Aw man, 10 years! Jeez. And it's even been years since the last one was released. We're sooo old! :p

16. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I read Animorphs for a long while, but the motivation just kind of went out of me after a while, replaced by Redwall, then Star Wars, then Dune, then...well, I don't really remember. I'm living about a hundred miles away from the nearest book shop that sells animorphs right now, and I'm curious about how the series turned out. Would anyone be so kind as to give me a summary of the last couple/few books?

17. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    The Yeerks find out that the Animorphs are human and who they are. Jakes parents are infested. The Animorphs retreat into hiding but continue to fight. Visser Three becomes Visser One and starts escalating the invasion, basically setting the stage for the final showdown. The Yeerks get the morphing cube and a bunch of yeerks now have morphing powers. The Animorphs recruit a bunch of handicapped kids to join them, these people are called the Auxillary Animorphs.The Animorphs blow up the Yeerk pool. The Visser then lands the Pool Ship on the surface of the earth so the yeerks can have access to the pool, but now everybody knows about their existence. Jake makes one final plan and they manage to get control of the Pool ship. The Taxxons switch sides and join the Animorphs. The yeerks are forced to surrender or they will all die from kardonna starvation. Rachel is killed in a mission to stop Tom from destroying the pool ship. Tom the yeerk planned on betraying Visser One and escaping the solar system with his blade ship. The remainder of the last book chronicles what the Animorphs do with their lives for the first few years after victory, and then Jake receives word that Ax, now a great prince, has been captured by an unknown alien force. Jake and the surviving Animorphs except for Cassie board an Andalite ship and go off in search of Ax. The book ends with Jake giving the order to ram a yeerk blade ship that is under the control of the mystery alien. That's the end of the book. I assume that they all die, but this can not be known for sure.

18. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Hrmm...I can't say that that seems like a very satisfying ending. Maybe I'm glad that I didn't read to the end.

19. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I found the last couple of books to be a let down myself.

20. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    I was very upset with the unneccessary deaths later on.

21. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    I agree, the biggest problem with the book was the ending. However, the book is also rushed, and none of the characters except for Jake are all that fleshed out. I think book 54 should've been just the end of the war itself and the first few hours or days afterwards while a book 55 would've told the story of what happened to them all.

22. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I think that would have turned out much better.

23. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    I think most of 53 was pretty good, everything leading up to the final attack, Jake finally starting to lose it, confronting Tom, the Taxxons switching sides, even up to invading the Yeerk Pool Ship. But then there were too many things K.A. didn't tie up, like the Yeerk Peace Movement, and Jakes plan was flawed, he should have sent Auxillaries with Rachel!

24. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    Hello!

You Animorphs fans should be aware that Visser Three is currently up in a round of the Best Villian tournament going on in the census forum!

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=23091832&brd=10264&start=23207505

It will only be up for a day so go vote!

25. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Just voted. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.