main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark The ArkanSith Cantina: The official social thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Since they are not doing a midnight showing some of us were gonna do the opening day first showing which is at 1030am Fri 9 Dec.

Think you might be able to attend?

2. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Definately!

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Good morning to all...
    Spent all last night at a wake...And so I am sleepy....Need coffee[face_coffee] [face_coffee]
    Must have coffee[face_coffee] [face_coffee]
    Oh well, only two weeks left for me in school...(of course that means two weeks until my surgery...)
    But, thats ok
    Was great seeing everybody on Friday and I'll see you guys on Satrday...

Later
    Bacon
    [face_pig]

4. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    okay it looks like i will graduate in dec. i probably wont walk until may. but... my professors loved my book. even the one who hates all things scifi. all three said they think i should try to get it published. they didnt even offer any kinds of corrections. which stunned me. so i am trying to finish up all the necessary stuff, the little odds and ends. looks like i will have that MLA soon!!!

5. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    all three said they think i should try to get it published...

Hey there, why don't you? I have family and friends saying I should publish my own poetry book; I have over 30.

Kynstar, are you thinking about catching Chronicles of Narnia at the Rave or the Lakewood 8? I'm sure I'll join you guys even if you go to the Rave. That day can't come soon enough for me!

See ya,

Lavenderrose73 @};-

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    It will be at the Rave, 1030am first showing that Fri 9 Dec

7. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Ok, I'll see what I can do. Hopefully the weather will be decent that day. In 2 days I can check out the 10 day forecast (it shows up to the 7th) and get some idea, but I'll make an honest to goodness effort to make it!

Lavenderrose73 @};-

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Rose,
    Do you need us to try and grab you a ticket? I probably can't get back by there until Saturday afternoon...
    But, if you are able to go to the shin-dig on Saturday, maybe you can get by there...
    Later

Everybody else
    Drinks on the house in memory of my best friend, Raymond.

Later everyone.

9. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Just thought I would pop in and say "Jello" again. **Gulps down a blue milk in honor of Raymond and leaves again**

10. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey Police, you talking about a ticket for Narnia? If so, sure if you accidentally find yourself in a situation where you can pick me up one please go ahead. I plan on attending the toy hill and game night Saturday. See ya. Got class here shortly, and I'll find out what I got on my history test last Wednesday...[face_skull] You can see how much I'm looking forward to seeing my score. This one seemed more difficult, but I think the next one is the final and it's supposed to be easy. It doesn't have as many points as the other tests, so there's supposed to be less to worry about. Check y'all later.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    "Barkeep" dusts off counter and looks around at the mess left by yesterday's customers...I guess thats what happens when drinks are "on the house".

Good morning and JELLOto all...:D
    Hope everyone has a great day!![:D]

See you all on Saturday... (don't know if I'll make the Toy Hill part, but I'll be at Jacob's at least)

Later
    Bacon[face_pig]

12. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey everybody...
    Follow the little link in the Force.Net box at the bottom of the page to the Peoples Choice Awards...
    Vote for Star Wars in it's two categories....

Later
    [face_pig]

Once more the Sith will rule the Universe and we shall have...awards....
    :D

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I thought this was stupid. Not enough choices, or there should have at least been a 'no vote' or undecided category. I hadn't seen half the movies and didn't like half the artists. Worst questions involved shows I hadn't seen like How I met your mother and all the reality crapola. The worst of all for me was choosing between Usher, meh, Tim McGraw, ick, and Toby Keith, ick, ick, double ick--gag me with a spoon and feed me to Rush Limbaugh.

On one question I hadn't seen any of the shows, so I voted for the president one with Gina Davis, because Rush hates it. :D

14. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005

15. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Ok, I just did that People's Choice Awards, and if I couldn't make up my mind or didn't know (or like) any of the 3, I didn't. However, I voted for ROTS both times (sorry Otisdodge, but I have nothing against Tim McGraw so I voted for him too).

As for yesterday's history test...ew-scray the ore-scay; let's just say that I really should crack the books right now as soon as I check on one or two more threads (at least I still average a C).

See ya!

Lavenderrose73 @};-

16. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Glad I could give you a laugh, Sharon.

It let you not vote, Barbara? It told me I had to choose one to go on...

17. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, I posted this on another thread earlier today but failed to mention it here.

I have some very good news...My oncologist (thats my cancer doctor) told me today that my trial chemo has done it's job and I have smaller tumors and one that has gone and my survival chances are elevated to 75%.

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] So, join me now in a "Happy Dance"...[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

So, how was everyone else's day?????:confused:

[face_pig]

18. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Very glad to here that, so glad to hear you might be around for awhile.

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Thanks Nyborg...

If only I wasn't so blasted tired.

Oh well, that will be better soon.

So, the bar is closing for the night, cause I've got finals coming up and a research paper I'm supposed to be working on.....I just keep popping onto the boards cause I've lost my focus.

I think I'll just go to bed for now...

Later
    Good night to everyone....See you in the morning...When the Cantina opens back up....

20. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Rock on, Police!!![face_dancing] [face_dancing]

It let you not vote, Barbara? It told me I had to choose one to go on...

Yeah, Dodge. I'm sorry you were cornered into voting for people you wanted nothing to do with. There was a "Previous" and a "Next" button above the questions to your left. If you pushed "Next" it would just take you to the next question (and you could use the scroll field to skip around categories), and then it would show you the list of stuff you didn't vote for. I guess it was for the case that you wanted to go back to them. I just didn't.

I took this personality test yesterday as an extra credit assignment for Psychology class. As reserved as I am, I showed a classmate I'd had in Speech because we've somewhat become friends, and reading my scores he said, "your ---- is low? What's up with that?" It's a certain part that had no business being low, and I think sometimes it takes seeing a downfall in black and white and a remark from a classmate like the one above to realize something needs to change. Just wanted to share that. A little piece of paper reminded me of my own faults, and I'm going to spend the next year working on it. Then I'll go back and retake the test, just to see where I am. Well, better beat feet. My Psych book's in my lap waiting for me to review some stuff in it.

See ya 'round :)

Lavenderrose73 @};-

21. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    The bar closes? Sith, there goes my caffeine fix. What are the hours during finals?

22. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    So when are your finals, Police? Next week like mine? 3rd history test Monday, history final Wednesday, and Psych final Thursday of next week. Then I pack for California to meet my new niece and nephew [face_love]

23. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    UCA's finals are the week of the 12th, but I'll be maiking mine up cause thats the week of my surgery...

The cantina's coffee bar stays open all night, as soon as I can find someone to run it during the late night...

Heck, might even make it self serve....

At the rate I'm going I'm not going to bed tonight anyway,
    I got good news today and I'm all hypered up about it....

Plus I got to spend the entire evening alone with my muchkins...

Of course, I was on here for much of that time, but thats ok....

Good night everybody....

Yeah right

24. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Barkeep can't sleep....Dang Insomnia...
    I'm sitting here starring at my best friends ashes...
    I opened the urn up earlier and spilt him...Now part of him is in my dustbuster...
    He left a list of places he's like to be dusted about, so I'm goanna start that tomorrow
    I think thats why I can't sleep.

I'm sure that [face_coffee] will be on the house in the morning, I'm goanna need it...
    (and I'll make the FUll Throttles on the house too, just for you Dodge) I swear, now you've got me hooked on the darn things....OH well, it's better than Dew...just kidding Kynstar....

Talk to everybody tomorrow, I mean today....Dang, It's going to be a long day....

Happy Holidays Everybody

25. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Oh dear, I hope you get the rest you need. I think my being awake till dawn Tuesday morning (thanks to all that caffeine; didn't think that much would do that to me) is still taking a toll on me. Better eat breakfast and confirm my G.I. Bill for this past month so I can get to Toastmasters at 11. I've got Joke of the Day. See ya.

Lavenderrose73 @};-