main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Artist's Lounge - Social Thread Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah, if you did a ton of categories at once it should only be for a big, once-a-year thing a la fanfic awards (which are complicated and hard to manage; the rotating monthly is a better idea).

2. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Happy Holidays Everyone! hope everyone one has a fun a safe Holiday!

3. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    How was everyone's christmas ? [face_mischief]

Mine was nice, though we have to wait for ages for our family to get to our house... so I spent most of the day watching DVDs

Because of this we were also up very late talking to our uncle and aunt who just moved to the america, on the webcam.
    They are so lucky... they have snow in the garden AND the sun is out !!

We had a nice day and I had some nice presents.

About the webcam I was thinking would anyone like to talk to me over webcam ?[face_mischief] If U have one that is
    I would welcome all of U. It is a nice way of communicating.
    I try msn too, that is harder as there is so much typing, not like the webcam.

I wonder if U can group webcams so there is more than 2 connected... it would be like a masive live chatroom !!

Sorry if I am being too forward. I won't be offended if U all say no :p

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I think it is possible to do a group webcam chat; my roommate's done it before.

Edit - that was info only, not me volunteering - I tried mine a couple days ago with my cousin and it doesn't work :(

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Finally got my Xbox! [face_dancing]

As for a chat via webcam, I don't have one, so I would have to stick to either MSN or AIM.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Happy New Year everyone and a safe one.

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Please give me your skype name and msm name via e-mail, Han!

Then we can do so around the 9th January because I have some deadlines to catch for university!

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Both my MSN and AIM handles are located in my profile. Feel free to add me and send me a message whenever you like. :)

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That´s good to know.

[:D]

10. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Hi guys, just to mention- The lightsaber tutorials thread is on its last legs- I'm new here, so I just visited it and over half the links are now out of date. Maybe someone could start up a new thread, or give the old one a spring clean :)

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That´s also good to know.

*is happy that bird & she will meet again on the 28th March*

And my husband is comming along as well.

*thinks RL meetings with fanforce members are great*

12. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    I'd love to join FanForce, but they don't let under 18s go to meetings :(

I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera soon in London ! I'm soooo excited, I've wanted to see it my whole life. I love my dad for agreeing to take me. And afterwards I'm going shopping at the street stalls ^___^
    I love being in London, probably because it's the opposite of where I live in a quiet little village and London is so busy !

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    If my husband and I happen to visit his sister on her biological apple farm in East Sussex or go to Canterburry in order to visit Ty(rannus230) we let you know, luv.

[:D]

When Chilla was still 15 she had no problems going to a meeting of the German Fanforce General. Her parents were okay with that and so were Skiara & the rest of the bunch.

14. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    I'm having a really difficult time trying to get a job as an illustrator. Is anyone else trying to get in the industry and doing any better ?
    I'm not surprised, that their preference for employment isn't a 17-year old... but at the moment I'm get dismissed instantly because of my age before they even look at my work :( I just want another job that is not flipping burgers :p

meh. Feeling a bit down T__T

15. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Well.... all I can say is that after looking for work in the art field and landing only the occassional commission, I found a "career" as an interaction designer for a website. Keep at it. Be persistent. ;)

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    You're not alone, Kiyuuchan . I'm in a similar situation. Since graduating college, I haven't been able to find any jobs. I send in samples of my work and I don't hear anything back. It's quite frustrating but I guess the only thing I can do is keep drawing and keep sending in stuff. Eventually something will come though.

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I know from former study friends who went this way, that it is never easy. But do not stop to believe in yourself, dear Kiyuuchan, and keep persistent. [face_good_luck]

18. Jedi_Amelia

Jedi_Amelia Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2008
    Don't worry, Kiy [:D] You're too talented to be flipping burgers forever! :p
    Just keep on going, something's bound to come eventually.

19. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I am new to this thread, but just found it! I love art, want to go back to college to study digital art/animation so I can become a rotoartist for ILM (my dream!). I am very good at illustrating, and portraits of people are what I specialize in. I just seem to have a knack for it. I also love to work with paint.NET and blend photos or pictures and make banners and icons, etc. I have become quite good at it. I used to make little buttons called "Keepers" for a Hayden C. site but left the site because of personal reasons. I did them for other people. I also made a banner for tahiriveilax (Brooke) who I met at that old place and who introduced me to this great place!

I love to do pencil drawings. I can draw anything I see and also things in my imagination. I am left-handed and sometimes it is hard bcause I smudge my my pencil, but I have been lefty all my life, so I am used to that! I use the mouse right-handed, but just recently got a pen tablet for my computeer and have not mastered it quite yet. I am a righty on the computer is seems, even in my art.

Is there an apprentice program here? I am a Padawan in the Fanfic section, so I was just wondering.

Anyway, I look forward to enjoying everyone's art and making some actual SW art of my own. I have only done digital stuff and a drawing of my character in one of my Jedi training programs. Nice to meet everyone!

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome, Jaden! It's great to see new faces around here! :)

We don't currently have an apprentice program, but feel free to take a look around and jump in wherever you wish. Most of the folks here are pretty accommodating, so feel free to ask questions!

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your portrait and digital work! :)

21. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Nice to see U here Jaden [:D] I look forward to seeing your portraits ^____^

22. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Thanks, and Han, I agree with your signature ;)

I hope to post soon. I am shy about it, but I have to get serious and show my work, right?

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Great to hear! :)

And don't be shy about posting your art. We have a great group of people here!

24. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Cool. I do a lot of digital stuff. I would rather draw. I mean just draw and use pencils and colored pencils. That is my favorite mdium to use. But I have this knack for making things out of pictures and putting them together, and stuff like that. Example:

I am a huge Hayden Christensen fan and I used to be on a site/forum for him before it got overrun by Twilighters. I made banners for me and one for a girl who introduced me to this site. I also made small buttons for the members and was in charge of that thread until I resigned and left the forum completely because I was so frustrated with the way things were going in the group. Here is one of the banners I made for myself. I have learned more since doing this, and I was limited by size in that forum. I used 3 pics of Anakin and blended them, using layers and layer transparency. I also did the text on the right by using different transparencies on each layer, then merging the layer after each line. Took a little while to do, but that is how I work. Copy/paste is also a wonderful tool :)

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/carrjammin/Artwork/Banners/herowithnofear.jpg]
    (Of cource, click on it because it looks bad here!)

Maybe if you guys like this, I will feel more comfortable posting more on my own thread.

25. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Don't be shy, Jaden ^___^ I like it.
    It's really been the week for new artists, 4 already... It's nice ^^

However, I like yours. It's nicely blended, and actually looks like the one picture. I like the pics of Hayden you chose, having the clearer one in front and blurier pics in the background gives a nice depth.

Start posting, we need some decent photomanips lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.