main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    They're teaching us the way to your mom's.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Ugh, I just realized.

Disney owns Marvel AND ABC/Capital Cities. Does anyone notice anything about the casting of all of the "smaller"/bit-part-y characters that are coming out in the news now? :p

3. somethingfamiliar

somethingfamiliar Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2003
    Oh man, they gotta get Cameron from Modern Family to play someone.

4. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    If there's a pattern of "cross-Whedonization," then let me suggest for the role of the Scarlet Witch...

[image=http://thefaust.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/madmenchristinahendricks_2.jpg]

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm curious as to whether Marvel can even use Scarlet Witch at the moment. Wanda and Quicksilver may be in the X-Men camp over at Fox when it comes to movie rights. :(

6. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    One of the guys on that show was already Doc Samson.

Longoria, yes, cross-promotional UGH. But it's tolerable if that's what it takes to get Fillion, because this is a guy who should already be a big movie star.

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I like Eva as Van Dyne. Not bad at all.

8. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Dec 17, 2000
    To be honest, I haven't seen her since the first season of Desperate Housewives. Has her acting gotten tolerable since then?

EDIT: I mean, because right now I've got a feeling that if they did any of the abuse stuff with these two actors I'd actually end up rooting for Hank...

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Van Dyne is a diva. Longoria is not only one herself but acts th epart on that show. Love her or hate her it is good casting.

10. TheGDBatman

TheGDBatman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2010
    I vote Merk for president for that sexy idea.

11. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    If Fillion is Pym, he better hit the gym. He's really let himself go since Serenity.

Slimy!

12. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Actually, she has gotten a lot better over the last seven years. She isn't up to the standards of her compatriots in Cross and Huffman, but she's beginning to hold her own. I think she can do the role decently enough.

And Janet has in a lot of the materials been presented as a model-type, and Longoria-Parker will fit that. She just needs to reign in some of her over-the-top moments.

13. TheGDBatman

TheGDBatman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2010
    They said the same about Halle before she made Catwoman. ;)

Casting attention whore stars = Bad move, always.

14. Darth_Fred

Darth_Fred Jedi Master star 5

Mar 1, 2004
    Are there stars who are not attention whores? I thought it was in the job description.

15. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Dec 17, 2000
    There ARE stars who are MORE than attention whores, however...

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=26852

Comic Book Movie notes this post at the Superhero Hype forums from a poster named "Chewy" who is supposedly reliable. The Quaker snack treat writes Edward Norton may appear at Comic-Con to confirm his appearance in the film. "There will also be an Avengers thingamajig with Whedon (who may or may not be there via telecast, he's currently in London with the Cap crew and he may or may not be too busy to fly out), Renner and others depending on their schedules (notably Norton)," writes he of the granola center. He also claims a Cap panel will occur with the principles telecommuting from London and an announcement about the "Doctor Strange" director will be made. While I might be making light of his username, I do hope Chewy's right and Norton finds the fortitude to reprise his Bruce Banner again. His take on the character was one of the things I liked most about "The Incredible Hulk."

17. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    Norton needs to be Banner/Hulk. Even though I kind of liked "The Hulk," Norton was much better than Eric Bana. Sam Elliot should have stayed as General Ross though, You don't get better than him. Jennifer Connely should have stayed as well. She is hotter than Liv Tyler IMO.

I just hope they do it right.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Excellent news if true.

19. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    [face_plain]

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I didn't think Norton would return as the Hulk in an Avengers film.

21. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Oh, I think he wanted in. He was campaigning in SDCC to have fans mail Marvel asking them to cast him in. Hell, he co-wrote Incredible Hulk and added characters like Leonard Samson to the movie! He's a passionate Hulk fan and he's never hidden it.

I think it's more about Norton not wanting to play a small role in the movie and demanding more protagonism.

22. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Which is unfortunate, because I don't see his character having much significance in the film. Its been a while since I've read the Origin, but if they go by the book I don't recall much of Banner at all, mostly just the Hulk.

23. darthlebowski72

darthlebowski72 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 2001
    I'm probably in the minority, but I've always had issues with continuity and not casting everyone from recent superhero films rubs me the wrong way. An Avengers movie is probably the No. 1 film that would annoy me the most. I can't control how I feel. There is something in my mind that screams "That's not Christian Bale or Ed Norton" and it kind of detracts from the viewing for me. Wish I could change that. I still have problems watching the Harry Potter movies after Richard Harris passed away. I know he couldn't control that, but Michael Gambon still jars me a little.

24. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    That's crappy news. Although I have rwad that Norton as an ego and I can see him not agreeing because of screen time for himself. Too Bad.

25. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Woohoo DRAMA!!!