main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bay City, MI The Bay City Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Axle-Starweilder, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    SUZUKI BREAKDOWNS!

Game 2
    Plo Koon's Goons vs. Team Sidious (3-3)

luke nomi acre jeth ganner rhysode kameron solusar thon vergere The dark woman vs. darth sidious, darth maul, darth bane, lord nyax, tremayne, jerec, kueller, and sedriss

Luke > Sidious
    Nomi <<<< Maul
    Arca Jeth > Bane
    Ganner Rhysode > Nyax
    Kam Solusar > Tremayne
    Thon < Jerec
    Vergere < Kueller
    The Dark Woman > Sedriss

Category: Push

Power:

Well, Luke doesn't hurt at all, but that's the only powerhouse on the Koon side(wait, Plo Koon's Goons when Koon ain't even on either team?. Whereas Sidious and Nyax hold it down for the other side, plus the fact that dark side usually has somewhat of an advantage in this category. I'm giving this one to Team Sidious.

Category: Team Sidious

Skill:

Well dang, this is the same thing, except reverse. Sidious is the only player on his team that even remotely holds this category down, and Maul to some extent, whereas the triumvirate of Luke Kam and Ganner rule this category(with pretty flourishes and one liners too). Arca doesn't hurt either.

Category: Sidious even contesting this category? "Honestly...it makes you look a bit pompous.

Experience:

Gah. Luke and Sidious are both experience powerhouses, although Luke gets the upperhand there. Maul, Nyax, Kueller, and Jerec all have some measure of experience against actual names. However, so do Kam and Arca, and Ganner has the Last Stand of doom.

Cohesion:

Double-gah! Neither of these sides are horribly cohesive. They both have some decent connections (Padawan/Master relationships for Sidious, Order relationships for Koon's Goons). Part of me wants to say that, during this fight, Vergere would just run somewhere and make herself really, really small. For the sake of argument I'll ignore that.

Intangibles:

Uhm. Neither team really has any worth mentioning. Unless you count Luke as an intangible.

So. Wow. Close. Skill on one side, power on the other. You know what my final ruling is, though? In favor of skill(surprising, ain't it?). The power side just does not win the power category by a large enough margin(*cough* Luke's on the other team *cough*) to make up for their deficit in skill, which is pretty big.

Winner: Luke's Goons

[b][u]Game 1[/u]
    [color=white]Wing Kong Exchange vs. Kenobi's Talons [/color] (3-3)

[i]yoda, vodo, anakin solo, shaak ti, kavar, ikrit, tahiri velia, and tyvokka vs. anakin skywalker, ulic qel droma, saba sebatyne, cay qel droma, tesar sebatyne, tater totts, neeja halcyon, and visas marr[/i][/b]

Yoda [u]>[/u] Anakin Skwyalker
    Vodo < Ulic Qel-Droma
    Anakin Solo > Saba Sebatyne
    Shaak Ti < Cay Qel-Droma
    Kavar > Tesar Sebatyne
    Ikrit < Totts
    Tahiri < Neeja Halcyon
    Tyvokka < ANYONE

So, this is kinda one sided individually.

[b]Category: Kenobi's Talons[/b]

[b]Power:[/b] The Anakins are split between the two teams. I'd say Anakin Skywalker can mess with Yoda power wise. Ulic rules most of the rest of the list. Anakin Solo holds it down nicely, as well as Ikrit, but don't sleep on the Sebatyne's. Plus the energy manipulation thing from Halcyon is worth a nod. Hmm. Hm.

[b]Category: Push[/b]

[b]Skill:[/b] Anakin holds Yoda, Ulic holds Annykins, and the Sebatynes are the scariest muh******* in the draft. Kavar's meh, but I don't think that will give them the category.

[b]Category: Slight to Talons[/b]

[b]Experience:[/b] Tahiri is a punk. That's all I have to say on this issue.

[b]Category: Talons[/b]

[b]Cohesion:[/b] Ulic/Cay/Totts, Saba/Tesar, what do [i]you[/i] think?

[b]Category: Talons[/b]

[b]Intangibles:[/b] Who cares?

Talon wins enough categories here to give him the nod.

[b]Winner: Talon's KENOBIERS.[/b]

[hr][b][u]Game 2 [/u]
    [color=white]Knights who say: "NEEEEEEEEE

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Dude, you're a genuis!

3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Suzuki is teh suck.

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Excuse the quick judgements. In a bit of a hurry.

Luke > Sidious
    Nomi < Maul
    Arca Jeth > Bane
    Ganner Rhysode < Nyax
    Kam Solusar > Tremayne
    Thon < Jerec
    Vergere < Kueller
    The Dark Woman > Sedriss

Ok, really what this comes down to is who can take out Sidious. No offense to Luke, but to my knowledge I don't ever recall him taking out Sidious without some help. The first time being Anakin. The second being with Leia's help.

It was only by his sister, Leia Organa Solo, that he gained the strength that he needed. Together, the pair was able to defeat the Emperor temporarily onboard his flagship, Eclipse, during the Battle of Pinnacle Base.

Palpatine fatally injured Ysanna and Brand, but was shot in the back by Han Solo during the conflict.

His last body destroyed, the Emperor's cackling spirit flew towards young Anakin Solo, but was intercepted by the dying Brand, who threw himself in the way. The Jedi Knight bound the Emperor's soul to his own departing life force, taking it with him as he became one with the Force.

So sorry but I don't see Luke defeating Sidious, even with his team which is good but will be slaughtered by Palpatine's guys.

Winner: Team Sidious or whatever its called.

Yoda > Anakin Skwyalker
    Vodo < Ulic Qel-Droma
    Anakin Solo > Saba Sebatyne
    Shaak Ti < Cay Qel-Droma
    Kavar > Tesar Sebatyne
    Ikrit > Totts
    Tahiri < Neeja Halcyon
    Tyvokka > Visas

I believe Anakin Skywalker's arrogance will be Team Yoda's biggest strength. Yoda can take on Anakin. Anakin and Tahiri, with Ikrit's help will be able to take on several strong members of that team. Kavar, Shaak Ti and Tyvokka can take out Neeja, Visas, Totts and Tesar I think. And Vodo can beat whoever is left with his stick.

Winner: Yoda's team

Lastly

The Knights win due to the poor cohesion of their opponents. Despite Jacen, I believe the knights will work better together to destroy the opposition.

Winner: Knights.

5. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    No, that description of Luke and Leia's teamwork using Force Harmony came after Luke totally owned Palps.

6. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    So, Maxle, how are you doing about replacing this judge?

7. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    well, actually, i know a guy with a crowbar and a cement mixer, he's real reliable and real cheap.

woah!

er, i mean.
    i'm just going to make the proper judgement to balance things out.

Bespin Conference

Game 2
    Plo Koon's Goons vs. Team Sidious (3-3)

luke, nomi, acre jeth, ganner rhysode, kameron solusar, thon, vergere, and the dark woman vs. darth sidious, darth maul, darth bane, lord nyax, tremayne, jerec, kueller, and sedriss

the way i see it, this team has luke, it's got acre, and of course it has thon. now these are all good points and stand out to me with a shiny sort of glowing thing, or something.

power, yeah there might be more power on the darkside team, but i do believe what the lightsiders lack in power they make up for in technique, skill, and luke. there are flow-charts out there that explain all of the subtler nuances of these teams so i'm not even really gonna go into all of that. there is cohesiveness and connections abounding on both sides, but what we need to look at is the overall force connections. having acre, nomi, thon, and luke together almost give this team enough to take it in terms of force ability. the level of battle medetationy goodness would be startling. and i'd imagine the chicken lady would bring something to that table as well, but that's sheer speculation.

all we are saying here is; give luke a chance.

winner: the goonies

Hoth Conference

Game 1
    Wing Kong Exchange vs. Kenobi's Talons (3-3)

yoda, vodo, anakin solo, shaak ti, kavar, ikrit, tahiri velia, and tyvokka vs. anakin skywalker, ulic qel droma, saba sebatyne, cay qel droma, tesar sebatyne, tater totts, neeja halcyon, and visas marr

yikes, this one is a little harder, hold on, did you guys agree on this or not, i'm gonna check.
    okay, my judgement is needed.

okay, let's look at the facts here;

yoda > anakin
    vodo < ulic
    anakin > sebatyne
    shaak fu < cay qel droma
    kavar > tesar
    ikrit < tater totts
    tahiri velia = neeja
    tyvokka < visas

initially when i looked at this i was like: "oh it's wang-a-lang all damn day long!". but then i looked into it a little harder. i explored the avenues and such, and then i was more like; "hmmmmmm, talon really has a pretty decent squad for himself here."
    the flow-chart explains most of it, but i'll try and make a little something to say here. the collective skill and experience chiefly reside on wang's side. but there's just too many intangibles at play to really cement anything solid for them. the power is more apparent on talon's side and so are the connections. he's got the trio of ulic, cay, and totts. then there's saba and tesar. really, the cohesion would be startling if it weren't for the eight spaces. all in all, they have it where it counts and i must say, good show, old bean.

winner: kenobi's talons

Game 2
    Knights who say: "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" vs. Mekots Murauders (3-3)

jacen solo kyle katarn, corran horn, mary jane, jaden korr, kenth ham sandwich, tenel ka, and ben skywalker vs. exar kun, darth malak, lumiya, ki-adi mundi, gethzerion, darth bandon, plo koon, and sasee tiin

i can't help like feeling as if i've seen this somewheres before...

[face_thinking]

sorry zomomma, i guess it's just the way the cookie crumbles.

winner: inty's team

semis shall be posted shortly

8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    a clone though. I personally hate dark empire, since I've only read bits of it. But the thing is Luke has lots of potential but rarely uses it. And even Yoda and Mace couldn't take out Palpatine, they came close, but only the chosen one could do it if you go by the movies now. If you count Dark Empire then Han > Palpatine, which may not be completely off the mark. At any rate, can you give me a short summary of what Luke does to Palpatine before Leia helps him?

However:
    Nomi was a great warrior, so was Jeth. Ganner seems better then he is. Hence why I feel Nyax could slice and dice him. Kam doesn't get the credit he probably deserves, but he is better then the inquisitors, and = to maul as far as sabers go. Vergere is an interesting chicken but not much as a warrior based on what's been written. If I recall correctly the only time Vergere really fights someone with a saber is in Cloak of Deception. She threatens Nom anor certainly but doesn't duel him. And The Dark Woman is a powerful jedi and can take out Sedriss. However, I believe Sidious and his group are stronger. Maul's great with that saber of his, but would be sliced by Luke. Bane is underrated so I'll rank him with Kam in that department. I do believe he can take out some of that backfield. Nyax is insane and with all those sabers, he's bound to get some of the backfield easily. Jerec and Tremayne work well together. Kueller's an imitation sith at best. Sedriss I confess I know little about except what the essential guide and wikis tell me, but I do believe he could slice Vergere or Thon.

9. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    This isn't exactly the best time to reveal that you don't know of that which you speak.

10. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    No but my knowledge in NJO, Republic comics, Dark Nest, Thrawn, Clone Wars, KOTOR, Jedi vs Sith etc. balance out that one. I read it long ago but can only remember snippets.

At the same time, Dark Empire was written before the prequels were completed.

11. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    They don't balance out JACK if you literally based your entire judgment off of that.

What's worse is that if you really had the grasp of EU that you are trying to make it look like you do, you'd know that there's no comparison between Dark Nest Luke and DE Luke.

12. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Well it seems that both mine and Durrons teams are equal when it comes to individual skill. There are a lot of <= signs floating around. So it comes down to other catagories. There is cohesion which I think I take: Anakin/Neeja, Ulic/Cay/Tott, Seba/Tesar and Visas (who just does what she is told). Through in Anakin and Ulic know each other and Ulic helped him on a mission and I think that seals it.

Power is closer: Anakin and Yoda are pretty close. Yoda has more control, Anakin more power. Ulic can match anything Anakin Solo can do and probably better. So what it comes down too is the backfield. Tahiri isn't all that and niether is the Wookie jedi. Saba is a beast, in more ways then one. Neeja can not force throw etc, but we saw his power in his death. Apparently the Ikirit guy did some impressive force stuff and that helps Durron a lot, so I think this is a push.

Experience: Anakin all of the clone wars, Dooku twice
    Ulic all the Sith wars, Exar Kun
    Saba all the Vong War and Swarm War
    Tesar all the Vong War and Swarm War
    Cay almost every battle Ulic was in then the Sith War with Kun and a battle with Ulic
    Tott pretty much everything Cay did
    Neeja the clone wars, dark Jedi
    Visas the Sith Wars, Dark Jedi, Sith Lord

Yoda has plently of experience, Vodo defeated a padawan Kun, but got owned by the real deal. Shaak Ti has done some pretty impressive stuff. Tahiri and the Wookie not so much. Ikirit (or what ever he/she is) I am not sure, but I will give the benefit of the doubt.

I think in a close match I slightly take it

Intangibles: none I can think of

There I think in a close match I am able to take it, but it is a toss up

13. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    At any rate, can you give me a short summary of what Luke does to Palpatine before Leia helps him?

This helpful?

14. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    for judgements, observe edited post above.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/axlestarweilder/karlmalone.jpg]

15. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Meh. I'd make a few choice comments if I actually cared. Good game, Talon. So now I guess we just wait for Ken to win this thing, eh?

16. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    sorta looks that way, yeah.

17. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    good morning, friends.
    you know what's nice?
    starting a new round of the draft on the first monday in may, with your friends.
    so those of you left that are wondering who you're fighting now.
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go.

Bespin Conference

Ken's Berries vs. Plo Koonies Goonies

Hoth Conference

Kenobi's Talons vs. Knights who say: "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

now friends, is the time to send in your numbers so that we can rock and roll.

18. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    with the numbers that have been presented to me, we may now begin the semis.
    so without further adieaueuaau, here we go.

first number isss: 1

Bespin Conference

Ken's Berries vs. Plo Koonies Goonies
    Aayla Secura vs. Nomi Sunrider

Hoth Conference

The Knights who say: NEEEEEEEEEEEE! vs. Kenobi's Talons
    Kyle Katarn vs. Ulic Qel Droma

FIGHT!!!!

19. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Hmmmm.

Just how far has Nomi fallen, I wonder? And just how high is Zookie's opinion of Kyle, I wonder?

20. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Aayla is great don't get me wrong, but I think Nomi is better.
    I also think Ulic is way better then Kyle. Ulic is essentially the tales of the jedi Anakin and Kyle is no where near as powerful as Ulic.

Winner: Nomi
    Winner: Ulic

21. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    minch, i agree with you on both counts.
    and so it shall be.

next number is: 3
    Bespin Conference

Ken's Berries vs. Plo Koonies Goonies (0-1)
    Jaina Solo vs. Acre Jeth

Hoth Conference

The Knights who say: NEEEEEEEEEEEE! vs. Kenobi's Talons(0-1)
    Mary Jane vs. Cay Qel Droma

FIGHT!!!

22. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Wow. Nomi, who's yet to face another Force-user in battle (and was owned along with the rest of the crew in the only situation close to that, against Ulic), beating Aayla, with all of her comic exploits (fighting Quin, defeating microchip Aurra Sing, etc.)?

Oh well. Onto this next matter.

Power? Arca's BM is nice (I usually use him as an example in BM discussions regarding the technique's relationship to gauging power, actually), but Jaina's got the Skywalker power. Not only that, but she's incredibly effective in channeling it (see her OS databank entry/Denning's commentary on her in DN).

Skill? Jaina's the Sword of the Jedi. Arca's Hyabb-Twith skill is good (didn't I spearhead that argument myself? :p ), but Jaina's got the goods, especially in context of her duels with the Warmaster and during the Citadel run.

Experience? Young Jedi Knights (Shadow Academy, etc.). New Jedi Order (Tsavong Lah, Slayers, etc.). Dark Nest (throwing around clawcraft with the Force, serving on Tenupe, etc.). Yeah.

Now I'm going to take a nap. Or something. Then go run. Adieu.

23. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    You know what we haven't seen in a while?

That's someone defending their PT Jedi's honor by mentioning the fact that they were a survivor of Geonosis. "ZOMG! GEONOSIS WUZ LIK TEH MOSTEST HARDEST BATTEL EVAR!!!" Whatever happened to that? Good times, good times.

24. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    i survived the battle of geonosis.

25. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Please. You have trouble surviving those late night trips to the turd depository.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.