main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tips & Tricks The best method for Amidala's white face...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by a-tastic, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a-tastic

a-tastic Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2005
    I have tried a half-dozen options and i'm still not happy.

i've been thinking of trying the following, and i'm curious as to whether or not others have done the same:

1. Manic Panic's Dreamtone Foundation in white.

or..

2. Kryolan's Aquacolor Soft Creme in 070 white.

i noticed that sephora and dior have brightening/white bases, but i don't know if they'd be vivid enough.

2. abodeofthedamned

abodeofthedamned Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    I think for the movies, the make-up team was using an airbrush make-up like Temptu Pro to get an even coverage. You might try Ben-Nye's Clown white creme make-up (I'm serious) or look into some of the Japanese Geisha brands.

3. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    read somewhere that they didnt use white makeup but VERY VERY Pale natural foundation as white did make her look too clownish, so perhaps the manic panic would work.

4. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Also check out the Amidala threads in the Thread Index, the white makeup options that people have tried is discussed in one or several of them. The index also has a couple of threads on makeup and paint, towards the bottom in Miscellaneous Topics.

5. a-tastic

a-tastic Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2005
    thanks, everyone!

i had checked the other threads, and found that kryolan in general comes highly recommended.
    but, no one said anything about the specific 'soft creme'.

but, since i needed to order wonderflex for my boushh, i decided to go with the kryolan aquacolor that cosworx had. i'm hoping it'll be fantastic.
    also, i heard that aquacolor is glycerin based, so it dosen't cause breakouts and keeps sweat-related streaking at bay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.