main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book of Paths: The Chosen Path (AU/Tagged) Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Really, thanks for posting this ( I'm trying not to sound sycophantic and I don't think I'm succeeding) this post has been the only good part of my day!

2. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I, too, did a triple take. I wasn't sure I was reading the title right.

February is here early this next year! What 2003 already? What have I been doing? Working, a lot.

**big sigh, big smile**

Great start, Red.

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls...

Obi-time is here.

EDITED TO ADD: Obi-Wan was in pretty bad shape at the end of Twilight Path, has he improved or does he just pull himself together (like Yoda in AOTC) for emergencies?

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Lovely, so far. I assume that you are going to explain about Obi-Wan's presence after the ending of your last fic "The Long Twilight Path". If I remember correctly, he wasn't exactly well....

Hoping Qui-Gon shows up somewhere in this. It would be nice if they finally were reconciled (if only for Obi-Wan's sake).

Looking forward to more.

4. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Kampfzwerg ? Oh red, you're just wonderfull.

Thank you very much.

Mysticshill? I'll look forward to more everyday!!

:)

Jedi_Knight_Hunter? this post has been the only good part of my day!

Sorry, hope tomorrow is a better day.

Jovieve? Obi-Wan was in pretty bad shape at the end of Twilight Path, has he improved or does he just pull himself together (like Yoda in AOTC) for emergencies?

You will just have to wait and see. Poor Obi-Wan has been through a lot these last few years?

dianethx? Hoping Qui-Gon shows up somewhere in this.

Yup, in the near future. Qui-Gon will be faced with the ghosts of the past. You won?t know what to believe when it is all over?

5. Auvalyn

Auvalyn Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    Hello, *waves*

Red, I'm a long time reader who's read, well, all of your stories on this site. And they're all remarkable, as you've no doubt heard quite often.

Although I've never replied before, I registered to post today specifically to thank you for the surprise of debuting TCP so early.

And everyone here seems so ungodly nice, not to mention that almost everybody seems to be in love with a certain Jedi, like myself, so I figured it was about time I jumped into the fray.

I don't think I really have to say how much I'm looking forward reading this~you might not want to read a page of me gushing incoherently~but let me just say your daily posts on TLTP kept me glued to the computer and at the edge of my seat, no matter how torturous they were to read.

You're simply marvelous, and I'm ashamed I haven't popped in to say that before. But you're stuck with me now, for the entire run.

-Auvalyn

6. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Well, I could take the post back and wait until February.

Don't you dare Red...You would make quite a few people upset..me included..and that can be a very bad thing..

Ask Siri..she will tell you what happens when I get mad..;)

Can't wait for more..and

UP YA GO!!

PT

7. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    UP! hehe! I can't wait to see the people for whom it takes days for them to figure out that this is up. I was shocked enough, but can you guys imagine learning that Red has like been posting for a week or worse and you didn't even know it?!?! The horror!! -Rogue. ps. I"m going to bed now so that tomorrow and a post will come sooner.
    :D

8. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks red, but I am so not looking forward to negotiating airports on crutches.
    *sigh*

*wishin obi would save her*

9. Leah Jaded

Leah Jaded Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2002
    OMG!
    I love yous! :D
    Thank you Red, I think you've just salvaged my day.

10. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Again, welcome back RRK! Since I'm new to the forum, having been here only about three months, I'm coming into your saga from the back end, but I hope, if my life allows me some breathing space at some point, to read your other two books, but I am going to read this one. :) A very exciting beginning and beautiful writing. And, I hope you don't mind if I study you at the same time. :) Your creation of alien cultures and creatures is nothing short of amazing! I have noted a lack of, shall we say, diversity in my fics, so watching a master at work will, I hope, strengthen my own writing. Looking foward to the journey. :D

11. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Ooooh Bali, powerful jedi is he...powerful jedi. I am so excited I can hardly sit still Red, you and Cynical starting new fics in the same month, this is heaven. :) 7

12. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    I MISSED the first post to this?????? [face_shocked]

Oh, well, at least I found it! [face_glad]

Good to see you back Red! :D

13. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Auvalyn? Although I've never replied before, I registered to post today specifically to thank you for the surprise of debuting TCP so early.

You?re welcome! Glad you stopped by. :)

But you're stuck with me now, for the entire run.

Oh goody, another victem?er, reader. ;)

Padawan_Travina? Well, I could take the post back and wait until February.

Don't you dare Red...You would make quite a few people upset..me included..and that can be a very bad thing.

Well, lucky for me then there will be another post up after this.

ROGUE_49? I can't wait to see the people for whom it takes days for them to figure out that this is up.

I almost told you all a week ago but decided it would be more fun just to surprise everyone.

Jedi_Knight_Hunter? I am so not looking forward to negotiating airports on crutches.

That?s not good. Hope for not bumps along the way.

Leah_Jade87? I think you've just salvaged my day.

You?re welcome.

Arwyn_Whitesun? Since I'm new to the forum, having been here only about three months

But a very product few months?wow!

And, I hope you don't mind if I study you at the same time. Your creation of alien cultures and creatures is nothing short of amazing!

That is interesting because I have always thought that was one of my weaker points. I always have trouble describing what a new species looks like or how they act.

jedi7? Ooooh Bali, powerful jedi is he...powerful jedi.

He isn?t the boy from TLTP anymore.

ApprenticeM? I MISSED the first post to this??????

You only missed one, there are plenty more.

Thanks everyone, glad you all popped in. :)

14. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001

The Book of Keeping Secrets

?What do you mean you are not returning to Coruscant yet??

?Just what I said, my love.? Those last two simple words should have possessed great affection with their utterance instead they were cold and stiff. The blue holoimage of Anakin Skywalker fluctuated and threatened to break up before finally stabilizing. He offered up a smile but it no longer possessed boyish charm. ?As soon as I tend to business on Oselem, I will be home.?

?That is what you said the last two times,? Padmé Amidala wearily replied before sinking back into her desk chair. She felt tired on so many levels, both physically and mentally and her husband?s vague references to ?business? left her feeling ill. ?But Anakin, we??

The words caught in her throat. They had often suffered this conversation but it always ended in stalemate. Still, she had hope and would not quit trying. ?I may be a Senator, but that is not all that I am. I do have a life outside my duty and am not expected to be a Senator every breathing moment. Certainly, whatever the Chancellor has you doing for him cannot be so important that you are unable to spend anytime with your wife. You are never home anymore.? Pale fingers smoothed out the folds in the plain cut of her long blue shirt.

Sadness danced in Anakin?s eyes as he shook his head. ?You, better than anyone, know the Republic is struggling to rebuild. The reconstruction is a massive project. His Eminence needs my help.?

?But why? You cannot be the only person in the entire Republic who can aid the Chancellor. There are others.? She paused hoping this time Anakin would tell her about his duties, but the image only stared at her. It left her feeling uncomfortable because she did not know if it was because she was his wife or a senator.

?It is not your concern, my wife,? the words were firm, carrying with them a hint of warning. Then, he offered her another smile. ?I will be returning in a few days. Then we can speak.? The holoimage seemed to be staring right at her and all she could see was a mask that hid his emotions behind it. ?Duty gets in the way of us,? he offered. ?When I get back, we should travel to Naboo and we will wake in the mornings after a long night in a warm embrace and watch the sun rise over the country lake.?

Anakin?s words brought softly swirling remembrances of the first time they had gone to the lake retreat. He had been her protector then. They had laughed and enjoyed each other?s company. There he had offered her his heart.

?Our feed is breaking up,? Anakin abruptly said. ?I must go.? With that, the communication ended.

Padmé huffed. ?It isn?t enough that you withhold information from me, but now you are lying? The feed never breaks up.? She stood up, trying desperately to release her agitation. Leaning over her desk, she opened a small panel on the side of the holoimager and proceeded to work the controls. The blue image appeared and the last transmission information was displayed. She scanned line after line of code until she found what she was looking for.

Anakin?s transmission had gone through the stable Muok relay station near the Roche asteroid field. She had learned to read the data and regularly checked where her husband?s messages came from. It seemed no matter where in the galaxy he was, the communications always came through the Muok station. Knowing that if she told him, he would become upset, she kept the information to herself.

Closing the panel, she began to pace about her office. Feeling cramped inside the small area, she quickly marched into the more expansive common room. Hands nervously tugged at her long shirt as she glanced around the muted greens and browns of the nearly six-year-old renovation. It was time to redo the apartment again or move she had not quite decided which. Twisting about, Padmé froze and stared out the expansive windows at the distant Senate.

Disgust turned into a knot in her stomach.

Her husband?s secret missions for the Chancellor put her on edge. There were more t

15. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Oh RED . You have and most likely always will be my favorite writer on these boards and I will continue to beat my head against my computer in a vain attempt to somehow equal or match your brillance! To quote one lovely E.McGregor, How wonderful life is with you in the world. :) Okay I'm done slobbering all over you! [face_laugh]

16. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    And what little secrets would be hiding in the shawl of hers?

Hullucinating? Lol i guess u could say something like that... i dont think I'm gunna get used to seeing this up... :p

TIll Later~
    Siri

17. Sugar_Bear

Sugar_Bear Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2001

Amidala always seemed like a bright young woman and should have followed her head and not her heart by marrying Anakin six years ago.

It appears that the party's over and the burning passionate love that partly caused the former Jedi's departure from the Order has cooled considerably. Now, sadly the words, "my love" are spoken coldly from her husband as his secrets dealings with the untrustworthy Palpatine continue.

Great post, RRK! I liked how Ami, being a smooth and shrewd politician, recognized a snow job from Ani when she heard it and it appears she's going to be stirring up a little trouble herself in the near future.

18. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Oh my god!! What a wonderful surprise(thanks to JKOW for PM'ing me). :D I should have know I'd be missing something great by not signing on yesterday. You are full of suprises, girl. And here I was expecting at least January.

Two incredible posts. Yet part of me feels like I'v fallen off the wagon--now it's back to that gnawing feeling as I anticipate seeing the next post from RRK, back to refreshing the screen every five minutes when she's late thinking "It's got be here somewhere, she HAS to post today". :)

Love the way Obi ended that fight, he has a knack for "dis-arming" his opponents. Bali is showing himself to have grown into a really first rate padawan in that post. Am dreading(yet of course greatly anticipating at the same time) what poor Obi-Wan has been through the last few years, as you keep referring to.

Somehow I'm not surprised at what Padme's life with Anakin has turned into, but I'm glad she is aware she's being deceived by her husband.

19. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Hm..So Ami has secrets of her own huh? Ncie to see she didn't buy Anakin's excuses there, but the question remains: Is a certain thick headed Jedi Master still blind to the evil Sith child?

LOL Red ,between you and Cyn I have alot of resent toward Qui and Ani! 8-}

20. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Hmmm Secrets, I like secrets.

It's good to see that Padme is starting to realize that Anakin is not that sweet and innocent.

21. Auvalyn

Auvalyn Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    ?It is not your concern, my wife,? the words were firm, carrying with them a hint of warning.

*Shudder* Seems Anakin is feeling a bit possessive towards Padmé, while at the same time firmly under Palpatine's control.

I'm already afraid, Red, and it's early! I really should be terrified of what's coming, shouldn't I? I love it!

Oh, and by the way, did anyone catch Ewan's "Jungle Adventure" on the Travel Channel today? It was so strange and wonderful, I was laughing so hard I was in tears. It must really be fantastic to be Ewan McGregor.

-Auvalyn

22. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    ?Just what I said, my love.? Those last two simple words should have possessed great affection with their utterance instead they were cold and stiff.

That gave me the shivers when I read it--Anakin's warm, courtly behavior to Padme has slipped over the years and corruption. I like how Padme is shown to be strong enough and determined enough to investigate Anakin's claims.

Not wanting to give up his special powers? Palpatine? Now, that doesn't sound anything like him, does it? ;)

23. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    I don't like the way Anakin is behaving. On the other hand - I usually don't like Anakin at all. It's good though that Padmé isn't blind to his faults.

Great post! :)

24. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    obi_ew? You have and most likely always will be my favorite writer

Thank you very much.

Siri_Z? i dont think I'm gunna get used to seeing this up...

I know it will be difficult? 8-}

Sugar_Bear? I liked how Ami, being a smooth and shrewd politician, recognized a snow job from Ani when she heard it and it appears she's going to be stirring up a little trouble herself in the near future.

Oh, just a little trouble. ;)

naw ibo? What a wonderful surprise

I was curious when you would come wandering in.

Yet part of me feels like I've fallen off the wagon

Oh, don?t worry, in a few days it will feel like no time has passed. Trust me?you?ll be ranting away in no time.

ApprenticeM? Is a certain thick headed Jedi Master still blind to the evil Sith child?

Patience, Padawan, all will be revealed in good time.

Psycho-Freak? It's good to see that Padme is starting to realize that Anakin is not that sweet and innocent.

She sees many things happening?

Auvalyn? I really should be terrified of what's coming, shouldn't I?

I probably should have put a warning label at the beginning. Be afraid, be very afraid. [face_devil]

Lady_Moonbeam? Not wanting to give up his special powers? Palpatine? Now, that doesn't sound anything like him, does it?

Shocking. [face_shocked] It certainly must be a mistake and I am sure Anakin will explain that to her when he gets back to Coruscant.

Cicci? I don't like the way Anakin is behaving. On the other hand - I usually don't like Anakin at all.

What if he was the sweetest, most wonderful guy in the story, would you like him any better?

25. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Whoo Red...

You have done it again.. another great post..

But I wonder..does this mean Anakin is turning to the darkside...and were is Qui-Gon?

Can't wait to read more..so please dont leave us hanging for to long

PT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.