main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Boston Rebels are now on MySpace!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I am pleased to announce that the Boston Rebels now have a MySpace page up at http://www.myspace.com/bostonrebels . I put the page together, and got graphics help from our own CR, DarthWormie. We request that all members with a MySpace page please add the Boston Rebels as a friend...if you don't currently have a MySpace up, consider this a good excuse to do so; look for the "SignUp" link on any MySpace page.

This is just the beginning of the Boston Rebels' MySpace presence, so we look forward to seeing everyone there. :D

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Hey folks,

I encourage you all to check out this new page. Let Richie or myself know what you think. Do you like it? If not, why? Do you have any ideas on what we could add/do differently that would help attract more people to our group? Let us know. This is YOUR site.

Special thanks goes out to Richie for all the hard work that went into getting this page up and running.

?DW

3. DarthIC2

DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2006
    Looks good guys :)

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Looks good!!! I like the theme music, very nice touch =D=.

Now I have 2 reasons to start using the MySpace account I created, the other being to find the video of the teacher that was in the news last week =P~. [face_devil]

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    [image=http://www.austinpowers.com/objects/images/austinpose.jpg]
    (In best Austin Powers voice) OH BEHAVE!! ;)

6. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just to update everyone, right now, only myself, Wormie, and the FIS are listed as friends on the MySpace page, and we have a friend request pending with Mos Alba (Albuquerque, NM FanForce). If you'd rather have the Boston Rebels add you as a friend, you can post a link to your MySpace here and I'll put in a friend request.

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Could someone please add me to the Rebels page and their own pages aswell? My account name is 'jedioutcast77'.

8. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    If anyone is wondering who "Karen" is, she is Albuquerque's CR, whom I had PM'ed in the process of trying to get linked on their MySpace page. Also, we should be hearing from the NJO soon, as I PM'ed LifeSabre and he said he'd contact Gary with our MySpace URL. :D

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Another thing I forgot...if anyone has pics from past events (meets, Supermegafest, etc.) that they'd like to have up on the MySpace page, give me a PM and either give me an album URL or let me know you want me to upload them to the MySpace page so I can relay the email address to send them to.

10. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I am pleased to announce that the Boston Rebels now also have a group on MySpace at http://groups.myspace.com/bostonrebels However, MySpace would not grant my request that DarthWormie be made the group's moderator, so I will have to work with him in managing the group from the Boston Rebels' account. If you're a member of the Boston Rebels and have a MySpace account, you can make a request to join the group by logging in to MySpace and putting in a request to join the group from the URL listed above. There is a forum associated with the MySpace Group which can be used for posting stuff that would otherwise be against this board's Terms of Service (i.e. buying and selling collectables).

I am also pleased to report that the New Jersey Order finally accepted the Boston Rebels' request to be a friend on their page, so we're pleased to have our sister chapter listed in our friends space. :D

11. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    We've picked up an interesting new friend on MySpace..."Elvis Trooper". [face_laugh]

He's got his own web site too, but I linked to his MySpace above for convenience's sake. Just too bad he's from the other coast.

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Elvis trooper is a cool dude. I met him out at C3 and he gave me a few of his 501st trading cards.

Of course I said 'Thank you...thankyouverymuch." ;)

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    The Elvis Trooper is pretty cool. I stumbled accross his myspace page a little while ago and sent him a friend request. The next thing I know I've got a new message on my page from him with a couple of ladies hanging off of his arms with a "Thank you... thank you very much" kind of note for adding him! If you can't be as cool as Han or as smooth as Lando with the ladies, then the Elvis Trooper is a hero among heros.

14. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    Kenny is an awesome guy.. I have trooped with him a few times, and seen him at a few events.. CIII and Dragoncon being two of the major events we have both trooped at. Always a blast to se him.

15. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Thanks to an add by "Elle Emme - Princess" and a screening of her profile, we now have a link to our group's past: Joe Corroney, the guest we sponsored at Supermegafest 2004. I requested the add with him and he has approved it. :D

16. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I keep forgetting to mention this, but finally remembered now...TheForce.net itself is now listed as a friend (indeed, I have made it a "Top Friend"). If you add TheForce.net, you will be able to receive announcements about Force-Cast podcasts (among other things)...watch your bulletins for these. :D

17. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Thanks to the folks at GetGreatCodes.com, the MySpace page now has a nifty contact table featuring R2D2. :D Unfortunately, I'm finding that the background music only works in IE7 on my machine and not Firefox 2...don't know why that would be. I also get an embedded player on the page when viewed in IE7. [face_plain]

18. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just a couple of quick facts as the MySpace page hits the first anniversary mark. :)

Page views: 801 (average of about 67 per month)
    Friends: 58 (including 2 added this morning)

The page view counter has been reset to start counting for another year.

19. KingDeath

KingDeath Jedi Knight

Apr 30, 2007
    Yep, just got ADDED yesterday, Thanks all! I left a comment
    Play LOUD!
    Chris
    http://www.myspace.com/theantichris

20. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    Thanks for the add :)

21. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    There's a surprise waiting for those of you who view the page with Internet Explorer...still doesn't seem to want to play in Firefox, though, even after I installed the WMP 11 plugin for that browser. [face_plain]

22. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Booyah! After getting help on the MySpace forums, the "Main Title" MP3 will now play in Firefox (as well as other "alternative" browsers, I'm presuming). :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.