main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary The Calgary Flames Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SHAAK_GG, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Poor Flames. :(

One good thing, though: if I recall correctly, Kipper had some kind of gift last time for getting shutouts whenever he had given up 4 or more goals in the game before. Let's see if he can find that groove again.

*sings to the tune of "Macho Man" by the Village People*

"Kip-per, Kipprusoff!
    Oh, how I love... my Kipprusoff!
    Kip-per, Kipprusoff!
    I love you, Mikka Kipprusoff!"

[face_dancing]

2. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    The series now shifts to Anahiem. GO FLAMES!

3. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    With a 5-2 victory last night, the Flames now lead the series 2-1.:D

4. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    What good games last night! Edmonton played fantastic, as did the Flames. I did not like the fact that they were on simultaneously, i think i sprained my thumbs for flicking back & forth... not to mention missing a few good plays.

5. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Hell ya! All the games were super fun to watch. Did you see Ottawa SPANK Tampa Bay??! Oh I hope the Sens take the series - dishing out much of the same beatings to the Lightning [face_devil]

6. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    It's great to watch Tampa get slaughtered! When they called that no goal last night, we were laughing so hard i was practically crying. The Sens are playing great, i think they've been one of the most consistent teams this season.

7. RogueNine-

RogueNine- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    What about the play last night where a tampa bay player deflected the puck into his own goal with his glove?

8. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    The Sens are a bunch of arrogant schmuks. Especially Hasek.:mad: I hope Tampa takes them out, but I don't think that is going to happen.:(

LOL, last night I was flipping between the X-Files, San Jose vs Nashville, Edmonton vs Detroit, and Calgary vs Anahiem.:p

9. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    An Ottawa/Calgary final series would be absolutely thrilling! All-Canadian.

Tampa absolutely deserves to be obliterated in the first round. They left a very sour taste in my mouth last season. :p

10. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Flames kicked a$$ lastnight total turn around from game 2. What the hell was Lecavalier thinking trying to fight with Chara leave that for the tough guys to handle. Here's hoping for a all-canadian finals aswell also I think the sabers & flyers are gonna kill each other in the next game should be fun to watch.

11. Apailana

Apailana Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2005

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

whyyyyyyyyy?

That was halarious when Kipper's helmet got knocked off. I'm glad he wasn't hurt, but ya gotta admit it was pretty funny.

Now that Kipper and Giguere have both had their crappy nights and we have that out of the way, get ready to drown! :p

One game left at the Arrowhead Pond... come on Ducks!!!

12. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Well I'm hoping we wrap this series up on saturday night. Can't wait for the game as I got a call today saying if I wanted 2 tickets they were mine. SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be at the dome with Jarome Saturday night. Eating Duck Like everybody else in Calgary!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Flames Go!!!!!!!!!

13. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Anahiem-3
    Calgary-2

OT loss for the Flames.:(

14. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Stupid penalty in the last 30 seconds of the 3rd. They killed off the penalty in OT but it slipped by Kipper. He should have had that. Oh well We'll get it back on Saturday. Bo Bad about the Oilers tonight, I wold have loved to see them beat the old geezers on Detriot.

15. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Have fun at the game tommorow Prelude, you lucky, ( I guess i shouldn't insert duck here, huh?)

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    :rolleyes: <sigh>

I guess it really wouldn't be exciting if the Flames simply 'walked' away with the series. Last night was a real nail-biter. Good on the Ducks for making it a helluva game. Iggy's definitely showing the rest of the gang that he's here to PLAY.

Let's hope the referee-ing gets better - in ALL the series'. Cause I swear, the number of 5 on 3's in getting ludicrous[face_frustrated]

17. alexandertrooper1

alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    well the game starts in 15 minutes. Heres hoping the flames come out and play this one. I'm a big fan but it hurts to watch them not even try. But yes a all canadain final would be great.

18. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Calgary- 3
    Anaheim- 2

The Flames lead the series 3-2, and could bring the Ducks down on Monday at Anaheim.:D

19. RogueNine-

RogueNine- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    pure ownage for the most part. Anyone hear what someone on CJAY did to the ducks thismorning? lol!

20. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    No I didn't hear.

The Ducks played hard in the last minute. Calgary was haninh by a thread.

21. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    What a game. OMG it was awesome. I think the refs sucked for the game. The ducks first goal was BS. THe ref had his hand up for a Flames penalty and when kipper touched the puck the play should have been dead. But No... they get the goal and we still get the penalty.

It was great being there and the crowd was off the hook last night. My ears are still ringing. Old Klein has no idea what he was tlaking about the other day when he said the Edmonton crowd is louder.

Anyways here's a few pics from where I sat.

[image=http://members.shaw.ca/prelude.iso/1.jpg]
    [image=http://members.shaw.ca/prelude.iso/2.jpg]
    [image=http://members.shaw.ca/prelude.iso/3.jpg]
    [image=http://members.shaw.ca/prelude.iso/4.jpg]

22. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Ya, I have been to a game in both Edmonton and Calgary and the Calgary fans are way louder.

I want to go to a Flames game sometime really bad. The one I went to was so much fun! I cheered for the Avs (who won it), but next time I will go to a game against someone else and cheer for the Flames.

J.S. Giguere should get the start for the Ducks instead of Brysgalov.

23. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Sweet pics Ryan!! You had awesome seats! Wish I coulda been there - the crowd was on FIRE!!

Really, the Flames OWNED this game. After the second period, even Selanne said the Ducks were 'embarrassed' by their level of play. It took a 6 on 4 to score their second goal and that first one WAS BOGUS. If they're calling it a goal, there shouldn't have been a penalty. J.S. looked weak - 3 goals on 8 shots?! Dude was not in the game.

I don't want to see it go 7 games 'cause the boys deserve a rest, but it would be sweet to clinch it at home on Wednesday. But a win in Anaheim would be just as good.

Ottawa's in, TB's out [face_laugh] and Jersey's in. This year's playoffs are so EXCITING!!

24. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Grrr, I don't like the Devs either. I don't like the Sens or Devs or Canucks. I hate em all!:p

25. BLACKJEBUS

BLACKJEBUS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    GO OILERS!!!

All you godless Flames fans can forget about going anywhere past Anaheim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.