main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA The Cantina (The Most Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    You mean you don't like the " Conan " pose? Come on now, it's so useful.......lol
    I get what you are saying, and I happen to agree. There's a middle ground between economic and interesting. I've seen spin kicks done to generate power in a small area, and I've seen 540's just for flash, although my hips don't do that anymore.....lol So I get where you are coming from.

2. EighteenDelta

EighteenDelta Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    I am not ruling out all forms of cinema in the fights, just want to maintain a level that isn't just purely ridiculous. The other thing I want to avoid is people who look like they are afraid of the lightsaber they are holding when they fight. (please forgive this stereotype, but most females in Fanfilms look scared) A fight should be interesting and hold the audiences attention, it should also showcase things that seem beyond the skill level of those watching, otherwise it looses some value. However it should not become the '40 spin kicks' as you mentioned. If the fight looks like it was filmed on a trampoline, it becomes laughable as well. Its going to be a juggling act, we should maintain a fine balance.

-x

3. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    As I am sure that none of us want to become the next "Star Wars kid", I think keeping the fight choreography within a reasonable amount of flourish will be a good thing. :p

4. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Um, I for one would love to be the next " Star Wars kid".........lol

5. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Anybody besides myself bailing water out of their basement?

6. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Sorry to hear that, Stacy. I hope that it isn't too bad. Do you keep much down there?

I didn't go down and look this morning, but I better not have a wet basement, I put enough money into drainage and such. Also, I hope there's no water in my basement, or my SW collection is gonna be wet...

7. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    I live on a ridge line and the water has to be in liquid form. Currently it's still coming down as freezing rain/sleet/snow. In any case, my basement is fairly safe(it 100 this year). Sorry to hear you are having troubles though, water damage is just a linger pain to deal with, make sure it gets properly dried out so you don't wind up with a mold problem when it warms up outside, eventually.

-x

8. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    We wound up with about 3 or 4 inches of water, not enough to do any real damage, the genius who did the masonry pitched the floor away from the sump-pump. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. We had 2 or 3 inches at 8 last night so I figured it was going to be a doozy, but luckily it didn't go much higher.
    Chris, you mentioned that the water had to be in liquid form, as opposed to?...........lol

9. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    Our precipitation this morning was snow, not rain.

-x

10. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    That sucks. I had that Issue last year. Not a fun time. Afterwards, I found out one of my roof drains was plugged.. :oops:

11. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    The fun of having two boys, first nice weekend of the year and they were running around with their Anakin and Sebulba pods having a podrace. Of course the younger one beat the older one , because he hates to lose. I have no idea where he gets that from[face_whistling] . which promptly caused a temper tantrum, and accusations of cheating. All in all it was still fun to watch. Although they did come to me to mediate the whole thing, and I told them, why do you two always want ME to be the responsible one. The whole thing has me completely confused.

12. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    I gave my son my lightsabers again ::touches bump on head:: It's worth the pain, lol. [face_beatup]

Changing the subject, anyone out there catch Drive?

It is VERY COOL! :cool: I highly recommend it!

13. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    The wife and I have decided to have a Cinco De Mayo party, so anyone who would like to come is invited. It's from 6:30 until whenever I throw you degenerates out of my house.............lol
    In the case of my friend Phil, that's about 2 in the morning....He just won't leave.
    So like I said, the invite is out there.
    Just let me know.

14. Patches37

Patches37 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2007
    Awwww I really wanted to see that...I want Nathan Fillion's boxer shorts for my hope chest!!!
    I haven't totally scoured this board so forgive me if this question has been answered, but are there any other Firefly fans about and if so how do you react to such a show as obvious sci-fi uber-geeks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.