main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Chiss fan club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by ROE_Biggs, Mar 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    Yes, but I can't remember who posted that back then...

2. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    There's actually quite a bit that has been used for names that come from ancient civilizations. Otherwise Lucas would've had to just make up stupid names :p

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    That's right because...HEY!!! You sayin' Mitth'raw'nuruodo is a silly name:mad:

[face_peace] :p

4. Felia

Felia Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2007
    99% sure that was Neila.

5. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Lucas didn't write the Thrawn trilogy ;)

6. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes, as a matter of fact, that was me. ;) It's pronounced "chee-lah" in Hungarian at least. I only know these things because the will of the Force was for me to have a Hungarian roommate in college. :D

7. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Anotehr question. [face_blush]
    Is there compulsory military service for Chiss, or do you volunteer?
    I might be too blind to find it in the Wook. *sigh*

8. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Looking over Wook, there's nothing that distinctly says military duty is mandatory, although reading between the lines I wouldn't be surprised. There seems to be quite an extensive array of military and paramilitary forces in the Ascendancy that would need bodies:

Nevertheless, I'd have to say probably not. The Chiss evidently have their civvie bureaucrats as well.

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I doubt there would be, although I could see something along the line of high insentives for people to join the chiss military due to it being a more easy road to advancement annonymous of ones house or as a potential path to being adopted into a main household/phalanxe upon retirement.

Just as a quick question, what do you think the first Chiss looked like? We all know and adore their descendants, but a race always come from a few firsts. (I personally would have to use photos of people or drawings to even guess.)

10. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I've always been a fan of the idea that most of the humanoid species in the galaxy are offshoots from pre-Republic times or the Rakatan Era; either developing through evolutionary selection or outright genetic engineering. A few years ago I watched a program on colonizing space that postulated how we'd do it; among the suggestions were creating a reptoid race of humans with scales, nictitating membranes and other adaptations for surviving desert planets, or a four-armed human that would be better adapted for climbing through a spaceship in zero-g.

Just asking, I've noticed the Chiss Jedi icon Csillan_girl uses and was wondering what the source was or whether that character had been identified. I recently cooked up a plot bunny that called for a female Chiss Jedi and was thinking of basing her appearance off that icon.

11. Anyara

Anyara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2006
    Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood explored the idea of creating human variants suited to different environments.

Would 50,000 years be enough for humans to evolve into all the human-seeming species we see in the SW universe, or would genetic engineering have to be involved?

12. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    I couldn't say, to be honest. But I do like the idea of genetic engineering/tinkering, it could explain some of the stranger species. And it makes for a fun plot, I think.

13. The_Chiss_Ascendancy

The_Chiss_Ascendancy Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2010
    Rise Thread...

RISEEE!!!!

14. Jello

Jello Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2010
    I haven't read much about the Chiss, but they seem pretty cool. The Thrawn Trilogy was where I first heard of them.

So far, I think they are cool, with their blue skin and red eyes [face_love]

Thrawn is the reason why I fell in love with the race [face_love]

And I would date a Chiss [face_love]

15. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    I am coming to see if the Chiss here in the EUC are interested in starting a CEDF Fan Club. It will be ran like other fan clubs here, along with a ranking system and to be part of the EU Senate, or not because, as we all know, we are Isolationists.:p

Let me know, because I've always loved the CEDF...Burgundy uniforms ftw.

-b

16. chissgirl

chissgirl Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2010
    I'm really new around here and really quiet so my opinion probably doesn't matter that much, but a CEDF fan club could be fun *ponders*.

17. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Everyone's opinion matters.;)

-b

18. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    [image=http://llenrock.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/party.gif]

Let's get a party going.[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Now, as you enter the club, over to the left you can see the 25 by 25 ft painting of Grand Admiral Thrawn, painted from the tears of the House Phalanx.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/be/Thrawn.JPG]

I would like to start this thing off by asking why, of course, are the Chiss so amazingly interesting.

I am interested in the Chiss, mainly Chiss Ascendancy, because I Thrawn kind of set a precedent from what we could expect from them. I like how they handle government affairs and the fact that they adopt people into the ruling families based off skill. The Chiss species as a whole seemed to be the missing piece that filled the gap of intelligent species completely detached from the galaxy.

Also, the blu skin don't hurt.:p

-b

19. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    As for me, I probably wouldn't have ever cared about the Chiss if it weren't for Thrawn. But of course his influence opened my eyes to their awesomeness. Plus they have some interesting philosophies, not to mention the way they act so emotionally detached. Makes you wonder what's behind the act/what they're repressing.

20. Nadia-Oomia

Nadia-Oomia Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2009
    I would say something, but my reflections would only mirrior yours, so I'm going to go with what you said :p

21. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey guys, the EUC Senate wants your input!

We are trying to get together some logos from the various clubs and groups in the EUC to create a new banner....so if you guys can work something out for the banner we'd be really grateful!

Go here to check out the thread about it!

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Well? What say ye fans of the Chiss?

To help get this newly introduced topic going I would like to ask whether we want to use the symbol of the chiss, something based off of it, or something of our own design.

For reference the Chiss Ascendancy insignia is THIS

23. SyndicThrallia

SyndicThrallia Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2010
    I'm new to the Chiss Fan Club. I love anything that is Chiss. I haven't read all yet dealing with the Chiss but I'm doing my best to do so. I do have a question though, I'm involved in an online RPG and I play as a Chiss and a part of the Chiss Ascendancy. Not only as a personal aide to the Arisotcra but also as an Archivist at the Chiss Expeditionary Library. I'm currently writing a detailed history of the CEDF. I would love to write a detailed account of CEDF weaponry and technology through out their history from the beginnings to Legacy Era. Is there any website or book that would be helpful? Thanks!

Also is there anymore room in the Chiss Defense Force?

24. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    The CEDF's entry in Wookieepedia is the best site I know of regarding their weapons, technology and so on. Two sourcebooks that provide some good info on the CEDF are the Unknown Region RPG guide, and the ever-awesome Essential Atlas.

Welcome BTW. :)

25. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I've been a member of TFU for awhile, but never felt the need to enter this thread. Well here I am. :p

Evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.