main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.8 - Bound for Rescue- discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah... I think I'm going to start emotionally distancing myself from these kids now.

2. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Poor Kartooni hasn't even finished her lightsaber :_|

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It okay bro, we can get through this...think about something else. WAXER! -Hugs and cries.-

Dark-Fox likes this.
  4. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    :(:_| Poor Waxer. And poor Rex who has to tell Boil to sad news.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    So, what are some more great Hondo quotes from this episode?

6. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Is Ahsoka's shoto getting closer to yellow than green as the seasons go on? In the Rako Hardeen arc it was quite green in colour but in this episode it seemed much more yellow.
    I've wanted to to see a yellow lightsaber on-screen so to speak since KotOR.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    You're kidding me, right?

No way these kids are offed. If this is supposed to be the launch pad for a Young Jedi series, it's pretty inconceivable to me that any of them would be killed.

8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I noticed that, too. I wish she didn't have it at all.

9. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    No way! Why? It's the first saber of it's type seen in a non-EU source. I like it when TCW legitimises EU material 'coz everybody wins!

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Remember the funeral picture of the six coffins?

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    They wouldn't...

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think TCW is actually getting us attached to these kids for something they are going to do later. x.x;

i'm not sure I fully believe this myself honestly.

13. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    It seemed like TPTB took two completely unrelated storylines and mashed them together, denying us the full potential of either. The Obi-Wan sub-plot was a vein attempt to show a somewhat competent Greivous, which at this point is a lost cause after four seasons of the opposite. The space battle was visually excellent, if not a bit brief, but the way it was thrown in felt like just another pesky skirmish to remind us about this whole galactic war that's going on and allow the younglings to save Ahsoka. It was just as contrived as the rest of this arc has been so in spades. Why did Obi-Wan tell Grievous he was self-destructing the ship and why was he confident of his safety in an escape pod when surrounded by enemy ships? The younglings are slowly getting less annoying, and the wookiee's lightsaber was quite unique, but unfortunately most, if not all of them, have only about a year or so to live. Adding to the continued contrived story & plot I find it hard to believe that not one single pirate noticed a youngling grap Ahsoka's lightsabers from Hondo's belt and practically walk directly to her with them. Granted they were drinking but not all of them were as drunk as Hondo and there were likely some that weren't drinking at all. I also don't see how a ship can land near a pirate stonghold, or any planet for that matter, undetected. We've had this technology for decades in real life! So far this arc, and season overall, has been mediocre at best in terms of writing IMO. The visuals and music seem to outdo themselves almost every week so why the writing continues to lag is beyond me.

Convor and Order66Survivor like this.
  14. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    ROTS? :p I guess they may kill them off if they scrapped the YJ project, but I'm pretty sure they were looking at making it a spin off TV show when the trailer with the funeral clip was released.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol, so many things change constantly with this series how can you be sure? Google 'Ashoka Fugitive Arc' and come back to me in the general thread.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. quigonobi3

quigonobi3 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 5, 2012
    Was this the last episode of this arc or there more to come ?

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    One more episode.

Darth Vader likes this.
  18. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    What if it's
    Sidious?? :D

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  19. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Ah, back from vacation just in time for a TCW review and hopefully I can get to my bonus interview question too, but that's for another thread.

In the meantime, I really enjoyed this episode. I'm really enjoying the whole arc in fact.

I do admit i was very startled to see Ahsoka looking worse for wear. It's like one of Hondo's men took her out behind the woodshed and worked her over with a 2x4 or something. I mean, there were bruises all over her body. That gave me a shiver. Hondo taunting her was emotionally effective as well, which is a fancy way of saying he acted like a total jerk.

I think, though, I was laughing the whole time the circus act was going on, for a variety of different reasons. Drunk Hondo was fun to watch, but I was also laughing at...I don't know if it was creativity, or audacity, or what, but whatever prompted those younglings to pull off a stunt like that, just was a wonderful thing to watch for me. The traveling carnival itself was amusing as well. The Togruta members of it had a very interesting color pattern that I enjoyed for all of the few seconds of screen time they got.

Seeing the younglings finally assemble their lightsabers (mostly) was good to watch. I really felt the lack of Doctor...I mean, Prof Huyang. I hope he gets at least another line of dialog in the last episode. Gungi's lightsaber, especially looked cool, and I found it interesting that he was able to assemble it with the Force without moving his hands. That's one of the reasons it always made sense to me that a Jedi could be restrained, because in my memory, most every Jedi seems to need to use their hands to manipulate physical objects with the Force. the only Force user I can remember who didn't need to was Vader at the end of ESB. Gungi doesn't seem to have that limitation either.

The space battle...hmm...I like space battles as much as the next person, I really do, but this one really felt shoehorned into the episode. I know they needed a reason for obi-wan to be unable to go rescue the younglings, but it just felt...added on. The main story on Florum was much more interesting in this particular case.

Looking forward to the conclusion.

rumblewagon, TreborSabreon and Seerow like this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Man, if it was Sids, then that would be interesting

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Clouded the future is... as somebody once said.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  22. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    [​IMG]
    "Younglings, this canteen had better contain something with some serious kick to it or Master Yoda will receive a very unflattering review."
    I admit that I enjoyed this episode despite some of the sillier antics involved. The producers realized that they should not drag the carnival aspect out too long.
    + Hondo alternating between a very nasty individual and his drunken foolishness.
    + The younglings using Force Speed and Force Jump to high-tail it out of Hondo's camp.
    + the carnival and costumes were well done and did not overwhelm the seriousness of the situation (hostage crisis).
    + the space battles and Grievous/Obi-Wan duel was well done.
    - plot convenience of a traveling carnival just when the younglings need a way into the camp.
    - plot convenience of Obi-Wan's ship being attacked to prevent younglings from being rescued.

23. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    TreborSabreon
    Yep!

me from 5.7 discussion thread

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...scussion-thread.50005775/page-7#post-50169943

couldn't resist taking credit here, i love SWCW and AD a loooot!

Seerow likes this.
  24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I love American Dad and watch it every night on Adult Swim and Sundays on Fox and I still didn't place it for the longest time. I recognized that voice instantly, yet I guess it was almost too familiar to me. You think the actor would try to change it up some, no?

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.
  25. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    I totally agree. I think the fact that they combined two storylines into one episode here not only took away from each story (i was entertained more by Kenobi than the circus) but also given the 22 minute time constraint, the writing had to basically just present some happy coincidences. Like no one noticing the Youngling take back Ashoka's lightsabers , all the pirates not being able to recognize any of the Younglings, a traveling circus going to Hondo's camp at an awfully convenient time, and the lighstaber constructing scene as well as the space battle scenes deserved more screen time imo.