main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.8 - Bound for Rescue- discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    And yet Obi-Wan did not want to help in any way of an entire planet. Obi can be a real selfish troll sometimes. :D

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    "We'll give Grievous a little parting gift." ...maybe should have been changed to "We'll give Grievous a sporting chance."

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Oh that is so weird to hear Matt Wood in the recording booth sounding nothing like Grievous, only for the sound editing to transform his voice. It just sounds so awkward, like he's some guy off the street with no acting talent. Like, if I were Dave Filoni, I'd have no idea if Matt Wood was doing a good job or not since it sounds nothing like Grievous and I'd have to wait for the modifications to the sound.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Looks like the really gets into character however.

[​IMG]

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    He really does. That is why when you listen to Grievous, you feel the anger that the character feels. Great work, Matt Wood, great work!

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Cody is a smart clone

7. quigonobi3

quigonobi3 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 5, 2012
    Todd the Jedi i loved your video it gave me a real giggle i cant wait for the next episode of this arc i was a bit sceptical about it at the beginning but now i love it,Hondo is without a doubt my favourite rogue i love his absolutly wicked sense of humour and his sense of fun even if at a lot of times its very sadistic i hope this isnt the last time we see him this series-he comes a close second to my fave baddie ie Cad Bane,the circus scene so reminded me of the Bond film Octopussy when Bond infiltrates a circus troupe seeing the kids in circus disguise reminded me of this,sorry i havnt been on this board for a long time its because i have been in hospital having major life changing surgery and following the board and talking Clone Wars has helped take my mind off the discomfort i am in at the moment-thanks everybody

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Welcome back to LACWAC quigonobi3. I'm sorry you are not feeling well and hope you feel better. Sorry, I'm not the best with words. TCW has actually helped me get through some rough times in my own life although nothing quite like that. I'm glad you like it and that you are here. We'll keep you entertained. If you need anything feel free to PM me. The Young Jedi arc has been a great mix of mythos, action, humor, and crack baby cartoon.

9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    They'd prolly all be dead before ROTS.;)

10. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Welcome back quigonobi3. Get well soon and I hope we can be a positive experience for you!

Seerow likes this.
  11. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    quigonobi3 now that you're back, i'm new to the boards and I could use a Master to teach me the ways of the boards :)

the Robot Chicken vid is funny, but Palps wouldn't have really liked Anakin finding a "happy place" to dip into the dark side.....

maybe this is why Padme didn't make it...

he wasn't strong enough in the dark side to save her

quigonobi3 likes this.
  12. quigonobi3

Mar 5, 2012
    Thanks everybody i really apprieciate your best wishes,while i was in hospital i took my ipod so i could listen to the clone wars round table podcasts and they kept me entertained i love Jason and Jimmy Mac and what was great at celebration i got the chance to meet them and they are as big a laugh in the flesh as they are in their podcasts and i got to meet Steven Stanton who voiced Captain Tarkin he is a spitting image of the young Peter Cushing and he was really charming and also when i was in hospital they allowed me to take my ipod down to theatre(operating room) so i could listen to my CW podcasts it was a real help and the last thing i said was May The Force Be With You!!! I cant wait for next weeks episode i think its going to be a great one in fact this is shaping up to be the best series ever done you think ? Icant waitfor the Mandelorian episodes just for the sight of Obi Wan in Mandelorian armour that is going to be so cool i really hope we dont have to wait too long for those? Ifear that something is going to go badly wrong for the younglings and if it does Ashoka is going to have to deal with the results of this and indirectly so will Anakin,Obi Wan and Yoda as well,sorry my musings are a bit long drawn out and wandering but i got there in the end:)

13. quigonobi3

Mar 5, 2012
    Whew that was one very big dip into the dark side!! Anakin looked like he was having his own version of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds moment-phsycodellia comes to Star Wars!!! BTW thanks for you kind thoughts

14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    This was another really nice episode and one that was really fun to watch; the space battle and the battle & fight inside the cruiser was very good (also good to see Grievous being ruthless again, crushing a clone's throat with his claws) and I really, really liked the stuff with the travelling circus which the younglings met and pretended they were acrobats to; I definitely liked the Dug ringmaster and his band of entertainers and hope we'll see them again at some point (they made me think of the old Ewoks & Droids cartoons; the Travelling Jindas, anyone?).

A drunk Hondo getting pulled into a circus stunt that sent him flying and crashing down among some boxed while shouting "I'm flying!" has to be one of the greatest and funniest moments on the show so that was definitely a highlight, as was him talking to the circus fambaa that was left behind (great voice acting by Jim throughout the episode). In fact, that whole sequence with them performing for the pirates and freeing Ahsoka (her reaction to the disguised younglings was great, btw) as well as the circus crew in general, perhaps especially the Dug, did bring my thought to 'A Bug's Life' so it feels like they pulled some inspiration from that movie (you're not alone, Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan).

I liked that they cut back and forth between Obi-Wan having trouble with the separatists and the youngling going to free Ahsoka and it ended well with the young Jedi and Ahsoka escaping on a pirate tank; this arc is definitely one of the most fun ones in quite a while and I'm sure the last episode of the arc is not going to disappoint (even though Hondo's probably sobered up until then).

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Nexumaster High five! So happy that I am not the only one who saw "A Bug's Life".

I am glad you enjoyed it. This arc is so great.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  16. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Yeah, that movie is so underrated; one of my favorite Pixar outings (and for brief a moment in the episode, I thought the younglings were gonna pull Ahsoka into an disappearing act where they make her 'disappear' in order to save her).

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Indeed, it is. It is my fave Pixar movie. And I do agree I was expecting the subtle disappearance act to happen. Still awesome anyway with Drunk Hondo. :D

18. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I really hope those kids have a spare change of clothes back at the ship considering they made their escape wearing their carnival disguises.

Also noticed Ganodi didn't respond to Petro's call at the very end. Maybe it means something...maybe it doesn't...

Seerow likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And this episodes ending just became a cliff hanger.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    well if it's a 3/4 part of an Arc, then yes ur gonna get an cliffhanger :p

21. quigonobi3

Mar 5, 2012
    cant wait til Saturday!!! really enjoying this thread loving reading everybodys entries:D

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Kudos on your post. The next episode sounds and looks awesome!!!!!

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Friday can't come any faster

24. quigonobi3

Mar 5, 2012
    Darth how comes you get it on Friday ? Do you live in Canada ?

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, i live in Canada