main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary The Clone Wars - TV series

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    i have to agree with you... all in all another awesome episode... i really don't know if i will be able to handle the withdrawal that will happen when the season ends

2. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Walking in a winter wonderland in this episode of Clone Wars and what a walk it was loaded with action. Love seeing Anakin and Obi-Wan in there snow gear and Rex's squad looked cool with the part clone trooper part snowtrooper look. The Talz were good characters shown as a peaceful people and would of been nice if they mentioned FOUL MOUDAMA. Loads of action with some great battle scenes and the amount of death in this episode shows that war is ugly.

Another action packed episode loved it NUFF SAID!!!.

3. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Agreed - another great episode!!

Although it was interesting to see the Jedi take a non-partisan approach - we know that they are usually peace keepers, but the Clone Wars has them running about putting out fires across the galaxy. It was refreshing to see the OWK - the great negotiator - take a stand and bow out of hostilities. And to see Anakin side with him - not so brash this time ;)

The ice and snow landscape was super cool - along with the various climatized equipment. They really keep pushing the envelope with this series - I can't believe we only have 6 episodes left [face_worried] :_|

4. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    The senator was a great character (dialogue, personality, etc.), and I think the VA was perfect for her.

5. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Just finished episode 16 "The Hidden Enemy" and wow just amazing and this episode takes place right before the movie which was kind of strange. But sets the movie up nicely as Ventress is featured and it's set on Christophsis with a traitor in the Republic.

Good action as always with lots of Rex and Cody leading the way, a battle between Obi/Anakin & Ventress always good, but the best part is the clones and that's all I'll say. I've said this lots but this is the best star wars that's being made right now BAD A$$ nuff said.

Only 6 more weeks (US schedule) left in season 1 with next week being an hour long show AWESOME!!!.

6. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    'The Hidden Enemy' lays to rest any doubt in my mind that The Clone Wars is a series that's far more than appearances would indicate. The question of the clone 'traitor' striking his blow for freedom, realizing that the Jedi use him and his brothers as little more than canon fodder in their war is a warranted one, and the fact that they don't shy away from giving him a point of view that makes him far more than a generic 'bad guy' is one of the strengths of the series proper. It may be an animated adventure show, but that doesn't mean it isn't cognizant of both the moral and personal implications of war, even in a galaxy far, far away.

The prelude to the Battle of Christophsis was cool, if a little jarring. I wonder how many other time jumps we've made over the course of the series, and if any more are due. A framing sequence for the flashback would've been nice.

Obi-Wan Kenobi continues to prove just how utterly awesome he is, and the 'flirtation' between the Jedi Master and Ventress added a fun (if slightly creepy) twist to the all-out Jedi action.

It's always good to see Anakin and Obi-Wan work together, but I hope and pray they'll eventually do an OWK solo adventure, where he's put to his best 'Of His Excellency's Secret Service' use. Obi-Wan is a total pimp, and seeing him in formal wear matching wits against Separatist masterminds would just be too wicked to pass up.:cool:

~StacyD

7. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    Really enjoyable episode I like Slick he is a really good character trying to stand up for all the clones but killing several in process. I think it was in the Legacy of the Force books where they talk about the Jedi using the clones as "slaves" so that was cool to see a clone thinking like that. It seems odd that only one clone would ever think that being used as cannon fodder was a bad thing, maybe somthing wrong with his programing, although they all think individually they all don't mind being subservient to the Jedi.

Obi Wan, Anakin and Ventress was great although they should have been able to defeat her in a matter of minutes. Great having a show tie in so closely with the movie.

8. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    just watch the trailer for the clone wars ryloth triogy on starwars.com and oh it rocks!!!!

9. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    rewatching the ep and did anyone else notice that in the scene with anikin,obi, cody and rex that obi wan called cody captain after calling him commander in a sentence right before?

10. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I never noticed it when I watched it. But Obi does say Captain and then Cody responds. But its not Codys voice. It's Rex's voice as it is a little more gruff. Looks like the animators made a little mix up.

11. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    So has anyone watched the two-parter? I got my episodes from a reputable Corellian smuggler who managed to get them past the CTV blockade. Anybody else seen it?

~StacyD

12. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I've seen them. Great 2 parter. I still wish they had the real Jar Jar voice. I liked how they included TPM references in it, and showed an angel from the moons of Diago. Just like Anakin said to Padme when they first met.
    I am finally back online after a Catastrophic HD failure on my brand new computer. I'm finally back online. It really sucked when you lose a HD in your RAID array. At least I got a new drive for the dead one as an exchange.

13. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    Oh my God, I totally missed that reference. That is so awesome that the writers would include that bit of business. :cool:

~StacyD

14. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Watched the new episodes and man this show is to cool for school loved Anakin in these episodes as he shows tons of emotion. For Padme of course but for Ashoka too as it shows passion drives Anakin which is ultimately his downfall.

The angels reference was amazing as I thought of TPM right away and like the look of the bomb squad troopers that came with Rex. CLONE WARS RULES!!!!!!.

Only 4 weeks left in the first season can't believe it's almost done already.

15. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Storm over Ryloth: part 1 of 3 parts series.

All in all it was a good episode. Lots of eye candy and a great new villain that actually respect what a jedi can do. Watching Anakin escape in the escape pod reminded me of EP4 as the planet and trajectory of the escape pod look almost identical to the OT. Ahsoka's plan came together a little to easy but is was a move Admiral Thrawn would use in the future according to Dave Filoni.

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Well I finally got caught up to the season finale -whew!!

I really liked Mace and his formidable use of the force - for all his preaching of control and dicipline, he likes to throw stuff around [face_devil]

And the final episode was so awesome!! Seeing Aurra Sing was a great surprise and the new bounty hunter, Cade Bane, is ruthless!! There was so much tension in this episode - I was, quite literally, on the edge of my seat [face_worried]

My only beef was the premise that a Jedi is nothing without their light saber. Everyone believed a Jedi was helpless without it. WTF?? :confused::oops: A Jedi IS a weapon - a deadly weapon. His or her entire BEING is a weapon. With the FORCE they can do just about anything!!!

Overall, a really AMAZING season!! There was so much cool stuff introduced, so many exciting adventures, great plot twists and developments - I can't WAIT to see what season 2 will bring!!

Bring on the DVD - let's hope for a June release [face_praying]

17. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    As reported on TF.N's main page, here's a pretty informative interview with Dave Filoni:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/971/971021p1.html

So lookin' forward to Season 2!!

18. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I read this interview this morning and now can't wait for season 2. I love how he talked about how Cad Bane came to be. Also how they thought about bringing Durge back.

19. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    Durge would be awesome to see again, I liked him in the other series. Bane is a sweet new character, they did a good job on his voice.

Doubtful that it will air here but they are airing the season again with Did You Know facts that pop up during the episode. Could be some interesting things learned like maybe they will tell us Anakin will later become Darth Vader, well maybe something people don't know.

20. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    [image=http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/CloneWars_V2CloneCommandos.jpg]

Another DVD set to be released on September 15 and possibly the full season in November

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Clone-Wars-Clone-Commandos/11995

21. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Awesome cover and man I can't wait for the blu-ray of this gonna be sweet.

22. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    This is more on the rumor side than factual but cool none the less.

[image=http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2952/clonewars.png]

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Complete First Season boxed set will include:

Original aspect ratios - 2.35:1 (Cartoon Network aired episodes cropped at 1.78:1 for 16:9 displays)
    Digibook Packaging - with book (around 40 pages or so) featuring concept drawings and sketches
    Director?s Cut Episodes
    Commentaries
    2D and 3D initial renderings
    Possible November 3rd release date

For more check out

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Clone-Wars-Season-1-Rumors/12223

23. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    THAT would be super awesome! I'd wait to buy that set!!

24. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Second that!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.